PollyC

I-751 May 2020 Filers

794 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, Chris49 said:

I am in the same ready to be scheduled for interview. I have LINxxxxxxx and did go for AOS interview. I am dnt wife got divorce two yrs after and I filed waiver. Now my question is : Can this interview be waived even though it says ready to be scheduled for interview since we had aos interview 

There is still a good chance that it may be waived. Plenty of filings with divorce waivers get approved without an interview. 

I-751 Joint Filing.

06-15-2021 - Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken. 

05-26-2021 - Received NOA/extension letter. Notice date and postmarked 05-20-2021.

05-23-2021 - Received text message with Receipt #. YSC Potomac Center.

05-21-2021 - Checks cashed (processing on joint checking account)

05-07-2021 - I-751 received in Arizona.

Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.

05-07-2019 - AOS Approved. Resident since date 05/07/2019.

05-06-2019 - AOS Interview

04-23-2018 - "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"

03-16-2018 - Priority Date.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
24 minutes ago, USC4SPOUSE said:

There is still a good chance that it may be waived. Plenty of filings with divorce waivers get approved without an interview. 

Thanks

mine is going to 13 months plus since they received my form. Just hoping they can approve or call for an interview ASAP as I keep checking online since May 23rd they said ready to be scheduled. Thanks I really appreciate your quick response. This journey is disturbing can’t even sleep lol.

4 minutes ago, Chris49 said:

Thanks

mine is going to 13 months plus since they received my form. Just hoping they can approve or call for an interview ASAP as I keep checking online since May 23rd they said ready to be scheduled. Thanks I really appreciate your quick response. This journey is disturbing can’t even sleep lol.

Don't let it keep you up at night. Sometimes divorce waivers can take a little longer. If they need anything from you, they will issue an RFE. :) 

I-751 Joint Filing.

06-15-2021 - Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken. 

05-26-2021 - Received NOA/extension letter. Notice date and postmarked 05-20-2021.

05-23-2021 - Received text message with Receipt #. YSC Potomac Center.

05-21-2021 - Checks cashed (processing on joint checking account)

05-07-2021 - I-751 received in Arizona.

Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.

05-07-2019 - AOS Approved. Resident since date 05/07/2019.

05-06-2019 - AOS Interview

04-23-2018 - "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"

03-16-2018 - Priority Date.

On 7/12/2021 at 5:52 PM, da95826 said:

Filed i751 May 5th of 2020 

Not sure what to make of this; we received by mail from USCIS three fingerprints reused notices, one at the end of October, one In February, and last week in July all from the California Service Center. USCIS transferred the i751 case to the National Benefits Center Dec 23rd for faster processing and I filed n400 in May 2021.

So if the NBC is handling our case why has the WAC sent us two redundant fingerprint reuse notices, I am little concerned that neither of the USCIS offices is working on our i751 application; ‘NBC thinks California is working on it and California thinks NBC is working on it’.

So the good news is USCIS has not forgotten about our case, just hope they sort out which office is working the case.

Yes, we just received another fingerprint notice as well.  Our case was supposedly transferred in December.  That's the last update we got.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello May 2020 Fillers,

Congratulations to those May Fillers who been issued with their Card already! For all those like me still waiting 😅  keep the faith everyone! we will get there!

I don't know if anyone got the same scenario with mine, I received a biometrics appointment last Dec 2020 and the mail came in January 2021 (2 weeks late)

I tried to called USCIS to reschedule an appointment and they said I need to send the attached form to reschedule. I  mail the form in January of 2021 and received a biometric schedule after 7 months (July 27) 🤣Hopefully after the biometric if will move faster. I am planning to file for Citizenship by Oct or Nov

Does anyone here still waiting for their status update? Or I'm the only one LEFT 😌

Removal of Conditions Timeline

05/06/20    - Sent ROC package to Dallas, TX by UPS. 

05/08/20    - Delivered to Dallas, TX by UPS.

05/11/20  - Debit Card Charged.

05/14/20    - NOA date ( I called USCIS to get my receipt number no text or email received)

07/27/21-     Biometrics taken

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
22 hours ago, Maribel1415 said:

Hello May 2020 Fillers,

Congratulations to those May Fillers who been issued with their Card already! For all those like me still waiting 😅  keep the faith everyone! we will get there!

I don't know if anyone got the same scenario with mine, I received a biometrics appointment last Dec 2020 and the mail came in January 2021 (2 weeks late)

I tried to called USCIS to reschedule an appointment and they said I need to send the attached form to reschedule. I  mail the form in January of 2021 and received a biometric schedule after 7 months (July 27) 🤣Hopefully after the biometric if will move faster. I am planning to file for Citizenship by Oct or Nov

Does anyone here still waiting for their status update? Or I'm the only one LEFT 😌

We are still waiting. I751 was sent to NBC in January and then radio silence. Filed N400 in June so hopefully that helps move things along.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, this is the update on my case:

August 12, 2021: Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview

August 4, 2021: Biometrics Appointment

June 11, 2020: We transferred your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, to another USCIS office that now has jurisdiction over your case. (WAC to NBC)

June 10, 2020: Your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, was transferred to another USCIS office.

May 14, 2020: We received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
On 7/26/2021 at 12:24 PM, Maribel1415 said:

Hello May 2020 Fillers,

still waiting as well

On 8/11/2021 at 6:49 PM, Zowky said:

Our case was approved! 10 yr card came in the mail on Monday. Good luck to anyone still waiting!

congratulations.

Married 10/11/2014

AOS Application

02/05/2015 - AOS packet sent via Express mail (I-130, I-485, I-765)

02/06/2015(day ?) - Delivered to USCIS Chicago
02/11/2015 (day ?) - Received USCIS Acceptance Confirmation emails.
02/11/2015(day ? ) - Checks cashed
02/17/2015 (day ?) - Received 3 NOA's by mail (I-485, I-130, I-765)
02/23/2015 (day ?) - NOA for Biometrics appointment by mail. Date for 03/04/2015

02/25/2015(day ?) - Successful walk-in Biometrics
03/04/2015 (day ?) - Biometrics appointment (Original)
??/??/???? (day ?) - I-485 status online changed to "testing & interview"

??/??/???? (day ?) - EAD status online changed to "card production", I-131 approved.

??/??/???? (day ?) - EAD/AP card production ordered

??/??/???? (day ?) - EAD/AP card mailed

04/21/2015 (day ?) - EAD/AP card received
??/??/???? (day ?) - I-485 status showing the interview date updated -
??/??/???? (day ?) - Received NOA about the interview appointment

4/22/2015 (day ?) - Interview

10/06/2015 (day ?) - I-485 Approved

10/10/2015 (day ?) - Green Card Received

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
On 7/26/2021 at 11:24 AM, Maribel1415 said:

Hello May 2020 Fillers,

Still waiting since March 2021 to schedule the interview.....

Biometrics done in Dec. 2020.

Welp....  

USCIS Extends Evidence of Status for Conditional Permanent Residents to 24 Months with Pending Form I-751 or Form I-829

Release Date 
09/03/2021

Starting Sept. 4, 2021, USCIS is extending the time that receipt notices can be used to show evidence of status from 18 months to 24 months for petitioners who properly file Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, or Form I-829, Petition by Investor to Remove Conditions on Permanent Resident Status. We are making the change from 18 to 24 months to accommodate current processing times for Form I-751 and Form I-829, which have increased over the past year.

Conditional permanent residents who properly file Form I-751 or Form I-829 will receive a receipt notice that can be presented with their Form I-551, Permanent Resident Card (also known as a Green Card), as evidence of continued status for up to 24 months past the expiration date on their Green Card, while their case remains pending with USCIS.

Additionally, we will issue new receipt notices to eligible conditional permanent residents who properly filed their Form I-751 or Form I-829 before Sept. 4 and whose cases are still pending. Those receipt notices will also serve as evidence of continued status for 24 months past the expiration date on their Green Card.

As a reminder, conditional permanent residents who plan to be outside of the United States for a year or more should apply for a reentry permit by filing Form I-131, Application for Travel Document, before leaving the country. For more information on International Travel as a Permanent Resident, see our Green Card page.

15 hours ago, spike198 said:

Welp....  

For me personally, good news.. I have a wedding to attend to in May next year back home in the Netherlands, but with the 18 month extension I'd have to try to get a stamp in my passport. At least with a 24-month letter I can just travel and not worry. 

Of course I'd rather have both the extension AND naturalization done before that time, but being under one of the busiest offices around (Washington DC), I doubt that's going to happen any time soon.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
From USCIS website:

Release Date 
09/03/2021

Starting Sept. 4, 2021, USCIS is extending the time that receipt notices can be used to show evidence of status from 18 months to 24 months for petitioners who properly file Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, or Form I-829, Petition by Investor to Remove Conditions on Permanent Resident Status. We are making the change from 18 to 24 months to accommodate current processing times for Form I-751 and Form I-829, which have increased over the past year.

Conditional permanent residents who properly file Form I-751 or Form I-829 will receive a receipt notice that can be presented with their Form I-551, Permanent Resident Card (also known as a Green Card), as evidence of continued status for up to 24 months past the expiration date on their Green Card, while their case remains pending with USCIS.

Additionally, we will issue new receipt notices to eligible conditional permanent residents who properly filed their Form I-751 or Form I-829 before Sept. 4 and whose cases are still pending. Those receipt notices will also serve as evidence of continued status for 24 months past the expiration date on their Green Card.

As a reminder, conditional permanent residents who plan to be outside of the United States for a year or more should apply for a reentry permit by filing Form I-131, Application for Travel Document, before leaving the country. For more information on International Travel as a Permanent Resident, see our Green Card page.

https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/uscis-extends-evidence-of-status-for-conditional-permanent-residents-to-24-months-with-pending-form

Will we be getting a new extension letter if we filed in April/May/June 2020?

On 9/9/2021 at 6:19 PM, kp&kp said:
From USCIS website:

Release Date 
09/03/2021

https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/uscis-extends-evidence-of-status-for-conditional-permanent-residents-to-24-months-with-pending-form

Will we be getting a new extension letter if we filed in April/May/June 2020?

I don't think anybody knows how they are going to handle this. My guess is that they will make decisions on cases that they can and mail extension to those who need those. 

Anybody here who had an interview and waiting for the decision?  

Timeline
3 hours ago, Gringo9999 said:

I don't think anybody knows how they are going to handle this. My guess is that they will make decisions on cases that they can and mail extension to those who need those. 

Anybody here who had an interview and waiting for the decision?  

This crazy..why not just issue 10yrs letter for us while we wait for the card...too much politics..it's the same process print papers them gonna use to print the cards...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.