107 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
5 hours ago, Shadow Moon said:

@jan22 I hope you dont mine my friend, but do you mind if I asked for your email? If it is ok with you

You can send him a private message on this system.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Timeline
6 hours ago, Shadow Moon said:

@jan22 I hope you dont mine my friend, but do you mind if I asked for your email? If it is ok with you

Sorry -- won't provide personal e-mail on a public forum (nobody should, IMO).  You may send me a personal message through the Visa Journey system.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Hungary
Timeline
On 4/18/2020 at 9:19 PM, Jorgedig said:

Sounds to me like LPR status was abandoned.  Is your son a USC?  He can petition for you when he turns 21.

Even so. Worse they can do is send him back. But he has a chance of getting in.

If he applies for SB-1 and is denied, he has no other chance.

Entry on VWP to visit then-boyfriend 06/13/2011

Married 06/24/2011

Our first son was born 10/31/2012, our daughter was born 06/30/2014, our second son was born 06/20/2017

AOS Timeline

AOS package mailed 09/06/2011 (Chicago Lockbox)

AOS package signed for by R Mercado 09/07/2011

Priority date for I-485&I-130 09/08/2011

Biometrics done 10/03/2011

Interview letter received 11/18/2011

INTERVIEW DATE!!!! 12/20/2011

Approval e-mail 12/21/2011

Card production e-mail 12/27/2011

GREEN CARD ARRIVED 12/31/2011

Resident since 12/21/2011

ROC Timeline

ROC package mailed to VSC 11/22/2013

NOA1 date 11/26/2013

Biometrics date 12/26/2013

Transfer notice to CSC 03/14/2014

Change of address 03/27/2014

Card production ordered 04/30/2014

10-YEAR GREEN CARD ARRIVED 05/06/2014

N-400 Timeline

N-400 package mailed 09/30/2014

N-400 package delivered 10/01/2014

NOA1 date 10/20/2014

Biometrics date 11/14/2014

Early walk-in biometrics 11/12/2014

In-line for interview 11/23/2014

Interview letter 03/18/2015

Interview date 04/17/2015 ("Decision cannot yet be made.")

In-line for oath scheduling 05/04/2015

Oath ceremony letter dated 05/11/2015

Oath ceremony 06/02/2015

I am a United States citizen!

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
On 4/18/2020 at 9:05 AM, Shadow Moon said:

The purpose of this post is for me to get an over view of things.  Also, when I left for vacation I was still employed. It was while I was outside the US passed my 1 month vacation period that they terminated me.

Hi

I blogged this SB1 process.  Under “living and working”

Nita was 4 years out.  

I need to know under what stand alone category you would qualify for as an immigrant?

Edited by Nitas_man

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Nitas_man said:

Here ya go.  All the details.  You’re not sounding like you’re in good shape for this.  It’s brutal.

Edited by Nitas_man

Timeline
On 4/18/2020 at 9:23 PM, Shadow Moon said:

N@Boiler I got it through  my father who is the american citizen and Ive been living  15 yrs in America. Not getting any property or bank accounts are strictly my prerogative I dont have any Intentions to stay here that long ever since so I didnt bother getting those stuff

You’ve made a grave miscalculation my friend.  

Your obtained your green card through your father who is now in the Philippines?  You are not eligible for an immigrant visa therefore not eligible for an SB1.

Your case in my view is DOA and that’s from standing at the interview counter fully and completely prepared to file a new I-130.  To apply you submit your green card.  I think that would be the last time you see it.

Edited by Nitas_man

Hmmmm... Quick question how many or is there an Immigration lawyer here?  Just for curiosity, How man of you based your opinions on personal experiences? or majority if not, all of those who gave their comments were just basing it on their own personal belief? Now don't take in a wrong way, I'm just curious. 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Shadow Moon said:

Hmmmm... Quick question how many or is there an Immigration lawyer here?  Just for curiosity, How man of you based your opinions on personal experiences? or majority if not, all of those who gave their comments were just basing it on their own personal belief? Now don't take in a wrong way, I'm just curious. 

I sent you an item by item blog.  Read it.

My opinion is based on personal experience.  I filled out every form, attended both of my wife’s interviews.

You sent a note to me saying you already qualify however I do not believe you do and I do not believe you have an approved DS-117 or you would not have a green card in your posession right now.

When you file a DS-117 you have to submit your green card.  You do not see it again until you enter the US, activate your SB1, and they open your envelope and return it to you.

I would appreciate it if you do not mislead us here, thanks.

Edited by Nitas_man

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Heed Nitas_man and jan22 in this thread.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

@Nitas_man I am not misleading you. As per legal advise I am qualified. but to get approved that is a different subject. The term that I used was exactly the term that the legal counsel told me.  Now, when is I say Legal Counsel doesn't mean we already have a contract. We don't, but I am sure you heard the term Free Consultation. So I asked  to these lawyers about  other people's personal exp and they said these. " Just because it happened to Peter, doesn't mean it will happened to Paul " It still based on how the Immigration officers. Based on their moods etc.

@geowrian You said that you have to disagree that This situation is not unique with PH comapared to many other areas.  Well, Unless you are very familiar about the Philippine system then I would go on your opinion as far as disagreeing with me. You said PH is not unique comapred from other areas?  Try to come here and lived for more than 1 yr to justified that. Otherwise it will be just an opinion based on belief and not as fact. In any rate I respect that. For the taxes though, How am I going  to file? I don't have a properties so how can I file? I already filed my taxes back in 2016 before I left.  So what kind of taxes am I going to file if I don't have a property? specific on the taxes we have diff kinds of taxes

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You have to do do what you need to do, I think if it was me I would hop on a plane and see what happened at the PoE. 

1 minute ago, Shadow Moon said:

@geowrian You said that you have to disagree that This situation is not unique with PH comapared to many other areas.  Well, Unless you are very familiar about the Philippine system then I would go on your opinion as far as disagreeing with me. You said PH is not unique comapred from other areas?  Try to come here and lived for more than 1 yr to justified that. Otherwise it will be just an opinion based on belief and not as fact. In any rate I respect that. For the taxes though, How am I going  to file? I don't have a properties so how can I file? I already filed my taxes back in 2016 before I left.  So what kind of taxes am I going to file if I don't have a property? specific on the taxes we have diff kinds of taxes

You said you worked, so there is that.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

@Boiler I did worked in the US but what I worked for I already filed. 2017 I no longer work in the US cause I am no longer there. In terms of working in this country. As one of the layers stated, there is nuthing wrong it because I need to support myself. Unless the idea is to be a leech from someone like my father receiving his retirement is acceptable ethically then supporting your self to survive has nuthing to do with it. Now this is what the lawyers said. Lawyers with an S

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Shadow Moon said:

@Boiler I did worked in the US but what I worked for I already filed. 2017 I no longer work in the US cause I am no longer there. In terms of working in this country. As one of the layers stated, there is nuthing wrong it because I need to support myself. Unless the idea is to be a leech from someone like my father receiving his retirement is acceptable ethically then supporting your self to survive has nuthing to do with it. Now this is what the lawyers said. Lawyers with an S

Did you tell the Lawyers that you had been working and not filing a US tax return as is required of US Permanent Residents?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Shadow Moon said:

You are missing the point of those who have raised the issue of working overseas 

1.  A legal obligation of maintaining your LPR status is to file tax returns that include all income .. earned or unearned... from worldwide sources not just from in the US. You have

not done this even though you have earned income while overseas 

2. Taking up employment while out of the US is often seen as a strong  indicator of abandoning your LPR status. 

Edited by Lil bear

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.