TrustWorthy2019

Rejection Notice for AOS

14 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline

I recently mailed out AOS for my Wife and Daughter after marriage to K1. 2weeks down i just received the whole package with a rejection notice. "Stating i filed the wrong I-485."I did download the most recent I-485 07/31/2021 from the uscis website a week before mailing it out but it turns out they rolled in an updated version which expires 10/31/2021 same week i when i mailed it out. Long story i got my whole package back which really hurts...

1) My question is has anyone been through this before?

2) Did  get the most updated form and mail back the same copies? or printout all new copies? Reason being they have a green form on the package asking me to place it on the package when am resubmitting the the package. And on the bottom of the page they have codes running on the bottom?

3) Also i signed my daughter's i485 as the preparer. i dont know if thats another error right there.

I will be glad to get any information to help us through this process.

Wishing everyone the Best.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
34 minutes ago, TrustWorthy2019 said:

I recently mailed out AOS for my Wife and Daughter after marriage to K1. 2weeks down i just received the whole package with a rejection notice. "Stating i filed the wrong I-485."I did download the most recent I-485 07/31/2021 from the uscis website a week before mailing it out but it turns out they rolled in an updated version which expires 10/31/2021 same week i when i mailed it out. Long story i got my whole package back which really hurts...

1) My question is has anyone been through this before?

2) Did  get the most updated form and mail back the same copies? or printout all new copies? Reason being they have a green form on the package asking me to place it on the package when am resubmitting the the package. And on the bottom of the page they have codes running on the bottom?

3) Also i signed my daughter's i485 as the preparer. i dont know if thats another error right there.

I will be glad to get any information to help us through this process.

Wishing everyone the Best.

1.  Yes several people 

2.  Yes, just fix the form, use same evidence 

3.  Not error 

YMMV

Timeline
3 minutes ago, payxibka said:

1.  Yes several people 

2.  Yes, just fix the form, use same evidence 

3.  Not error 

Hello payxibka Thanks very much for your quick response.

So all i need to do is get the updated copy and complete.Then submit with the rest of the evidence?

Also they had an I-797 on my daughter's I485 stating "parent or guardian needs to sign in the signature box". So i am confused now. because the package i sent out i did sign as the preparer.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, TrustWorthy2019 said:

Hello payxibka Thanks very much for your quick response.

So all i need to do is get the updated copy and complete.Then submit with the rest of the evidence?

Also they had an I-797 on my daughter's I485 stating "parent or guardian needs to sign in the signature box". So i am confused now. because the package i sent out i did sign as the preparer.

You need to sign in both places.  

YMMV

Timeline
6 minutes ago, payxibka said:

You need to sign in both places.  

Ok, payxibka Thank you very much for your speedy response.

Just to be clear about sending back same evidence.

we mailed out 

i485 (outdated)

i 131

i 765

i 864

But the rest of the forms and evidence got scanned codes on the bottom. Can we still use them?

Timeline
1 minute ago, TrustWorthy2019 said:

we mailed out 

i485 (outdated)

i 131

i 765

i 864

But the rest of the forms and evidence got scanned codes on the bottom. Can we still use them?

I will say again.   Update the forms as needed and resubmit the prior evidence even if they have already reassembled your evidence differently and even if they have printed numbers or codes on it.  

YMMV

Timeline
2 minutes ago, payxibka said:

I will say again.   Update the forms as needed and resubmit the prior evidence even if they have already reassembled your evidence differently and even if they have printed numbers or codes on it.  

Thank you very much.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 hours ago, TrustWorthy2019 said:

we mailed out 

i485 (outdated)

i 131

i 765

i 864

Pretty much all the forms got a new version on Feb 24. So you're probably gonna have to redo all of them.

Don't forget the new form I-944.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Ayrton said:

Pretty much all the forms got a new version on Feb 24. So you're probably gonna have to redo all of them.

Don't forget the new form I-944.

Thank u Ayrton..i just got done completing the form i-944

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

The same thing happened to me a few weeks ago. I submitted the revised I485 on the 30th and just received the NOA today....so not quite 2 weeks after mailing it off.

• 6 months later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Same just happened to me - I wasn't sure if I had to re-print everything or use the same package - they removed all of my pictures and added them at the end with an extra picture of the first enveloppe I sent them.

So I just re-print the I-485 and send everything else the way it is, with the dates of the other forms not matching anymore?

And they stapled everything - do I leave everything as is?

Thank you so much for your advice!

Under H1B valid until September 2022.

Marriage based AOS Timeline:

1. 9/30/2020 - Application sent to USCIS Chicago lockbox using USPS
  2. 10/2/2020 - Application received by USCIS
  3. 10/26/2020 - Application rejected for outdated I-485 form
  4. 10/27/2020 - Application re-sent to USCIS lockbox using Fedex
  5. 11/19/2020 - Checks cashed (+ got my receipt numbers through online chat the following day)
  6. 11/29/2020 - Received 4 text messages from USCIS with the 4 receipt numbers.
  7. 12/03/2020 - Received 4 NOAs in the mail.
  8. 05/17/2021 - Biometrics appointment
  9. 05/20/2021 - "Case ready to be scheduled for an interview"
  10. 07/26/2021 - Case approved for my I-765 and I-131
  11. 09/01/2021 - Interview in San Antonio + "New Card Is Being Produced" status right away
  12. 09/02/2021 - "Case Is Approved" 

• 3 months later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
21 minutes ago, alvin243 said:

@marion2510 Could you please tell me if you resubmitted your application as it was (you said they stapled everything). 

My application also got rejected and I am about to resubmit it but I was wondering if I had to leave the package as it is. 

I kinda re-organized the proofs and supporting documents back to where they belonged, re-added my little sticky notes on the bottom explaining where each form started and where the main documents where (mariage certificates, birth certificates and all).

Good luck, this was tough cause they had mixed everything.

Under H1B valid until September 2022.

Marriage based AOS Timeline:

1. 9/30/2020 - Application sent to USCIS Chicago lockbox using USPS
  2. 10/2/2020 - Application received by USCIS
  3. 10/26/2020 - Application rejected for outdated I-485 form
  4. 10/27/2020 - Application re-sent to USCIS lockbox using Fedex
  5. 11/19/2020 - Checks cashed (+ got my receipt numbers through online chat the following day)
  6. 11/29/2020 - Received 4 text messages from USCIS with the 4 receipt numbers.
  7. 12/03/2020 - Received 4 NOAs in the mail.
  8. 05/17/2021 - Biometrics appointment
  9. 05/20/2021 - "Case ready to be scheduled for an interview"
  10. 07/26/2021 - Case approved for my I-765 and I-131
  11. 09/01/2021 - Interview in San Antonio + "New Card Is Being Produced" status right away
  12. 09/02/2021 - "Case Is Approved" 

I didn't sign as the preparer for my daughters forms (she is three). I just filled them out with her info and signed them as me with mother in brackets. Approved for GC no issues.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.