dwheels76

NVC Filers - April 2020

804 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Anmol Yash said:

I see! We have everything but the PCC for India (my husband has lived there all his life) and we're not sure how long we should wait to obtain it or if we should submit our application marking it unavailable and adding an explanation :(

Was in the same situation where all the civil docs were ready except for the PCC and so we called the NVC and explained that the criminal records office was closed due to covid19 and they said to write up a letter on why the PCC isn't readily available and upload it to the documents in place of the certificate. You will have to have the PCC in hand by the time of the interview though. This seems like a logical option so that's what we did and submitted everything the next day. You may want to call and confirm with the NVC :) 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
19 hours ago, Pqm527 said:

Do you guys know if the employee verification letter has to be in affidavit form? My employer use a  third party vendor for verifications and mine was not in a affidavit form. Please let me know? 

I would like an answer to this havn't seen one yet? 

Also just catching up on the posts I think the reason NVC is seeming to be picking up speed is they process every visa and there must be a dramatic downturn in visa's at the moment.

3 minutes ago, jackanddeona said:

I would like an answer to this havn't seen one yet? 

Also just catching up on the posts I think the reason NVC is seeming to be picking up speed is they process every visa and there must be a dramatic downturn in visa's at the moment.

Hi, I didn't have mine in affidavit form and they accepted it without comments. 

My letter was on company letter head, stated my title, hire date and salary and was signed with a contact information from the company in case of questions.

Hope this helps! 

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Abu Dhabi Embassy 

DQ: 2020-23-05

Scheduled interview date: 2021-11-01

Interview result: Approved

14 hours ago, David G said:

Thank you! No secret.  Really I don’t know. We were surprised as you all can be. I may say that We were in shock.
 We call NVC and they just said that we are in line waiting for the appointment. 

you are so lucky Congrat, Btw did you submit tax transcript on the same file with the i864 PDF? or do you just send i864 on AOS and Tax transcript on a "Additional Doc" thanks.

5 minutes ago, VTimmy said:

you are so lucky Congrat, Btw did you submit tax transcript on the same file with the i864 PDF? or do you just send i864 on AOS and Tax transcript on a "Additional Doc" thanks.

Thank you.

no. They are separate documents.  They will give you a list of what they want.. one label is the I864, and in another one you will upload the tax return or transcript.

In our case there were only 2 labels. One for The I864 and one for the taxes which we used 2019 tax return. That was all in the Financial required documents for us.
As I saw so many videos, an read posts here. I upload a everything that I have with me from my husbands additional documents:

381B5427-2CF7-4B5C-96DA-4792BC78F47F.jpeg

8 minutes ago, David G said:

Thank you.

no. They are separate documents.  They will give you a list of what they want.. one label is the I864, and in another one you will upload the tax return or transcript.

In our case there were only 2 labels. One for The I864 and one for the taxes which we used 2019 tax return. That was all in the Financial required documents for us.
As I saw so many videos, an read posts here. I upload a everything that I have with me from my husbands additional documents:

My husband 2019,2018,2017 tax transcripts were all added in one....sigh...I'm guessing it shouldn't have been uploaded like that😔...Now I'm eagerly waiting for my documents to be reviewed...and I fear that those are gonna be rejected...submission date Feb 20.

13 minutes ago, David G said:

Thank you.

thank you so much, Is your Husband's Passport and Driver license required? 

10 minutes ago, Sunshinestatefl said:

My husband 2019,2018,2017 tax transcripts were all added in one....sigh...I'm guessing it shouldn't have been uploaded like that😔...Now I'm eagerly waiting for my documents to be reviewed...and I fear that those are gonna be rejected...submission date Feb 20.

We did the same thing. All tax transcripts in one PDF 😯 We didn’t see anything that indicated each transcript had to be uploaded separately.

We included W2s voluntarily and those were also in one PDF (multiple years).  

IDK what to do. Has anyone been DQ’d having uploaded the transcripts in one PDF?

17 minutes ago, VTimmy said:

thank you so much, Is your Husband's Passport and Driver license required? 

The only two AOS documents that it seems that they wanted from us are the two under required documents.

But We were like." No. What happened with the bunch of documents listed on their website?"

we uploaded everything just in case.. 

we didn’t wanted to get a RFE. Literally from the first day that Uscis sent us the approval I was reading all the steps on their website to do it just like they wanted it. 

They ask proof of domicile if the petitioner or sponsor is living outside the United States or something like that.. we uploaded it anyway. 

Edited by David G

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I'm doubting myself with the I-864. Did you write in N/A on EVERYTHING that didn't apply to you? Example: Part 3, with all the family members information.. I'm just sponsoring my spouse. All the interpreter/preparer parts... Or, did you leave it blank?

Also, what does "in care of name" mean? 

49 minutes ago, David G said:

The only two AOS documents that it seems that they wanted from us are the two under required documents.

But We were like." No. What happened with the bunch of documents listed on their website?"

we uploaded everything just in case.. 

we didn’t wanted to get a RFE. Literally from the first day that Uscis sent us the approval I was reading all the steps on their website to do it just like they wanted it. 

They ask proof of domicile if the petitioner or sponsor is living outside the United States or something like that.. we uploaded it anyway. 

Kudos to you for being prepared. ! Thank you so much. Its stressful enough to wait and now this is literally the most scary stages in this process. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, Nikkidew said:

Was in the same situation where all the civil docs were ready except for the PCC and so we called the NVC and explained that the criminal records office was closed due to covid19 and they said to write up a letter on why the PCC isn't readily available and upload it to the documents in place of the certificate. You will have to have the PCC in hand by the time of the interview though. This seems like a logical option so that's what we did and submitted everything the next day. You may want to call and confirm with the NVC :) 

Thank you so much! I'll give them a call and then submit :D

39 minutes ago, Katie & Camilo said:

I'm doubting myself with the I-864. Did you write in N/A on EVERYTHING that didn't apply to you? Example: Part 3, with all the family members information.. I'm just sponsoring my spouse. All the interpreter/preparer parts... Or, did you leave it blank?

Also, what does "in care of name" mean? 

I wrote N/A!

And in care of is usually for mailing address. It is also abbreviate c/o in mail from the USCIS

In care of:

First name, last name

Address

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Abu Dhabi Embassy 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
7 minutes ago, TamMhmd said:

I wrote N/A!

And in care of is usually for mailing address. It is also abbreviate c/o in mail from the USCIS

In care of:

First name, last name

Address

Thank you! So do I just write our names for the in care of name? Or leave it blank?

57 minutes ago, Katie & Camilo said:

Thank you! So do I just write our names for the in care of name? Or leave it blank?

I wrote my name! 

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Abu Dhabi Embassy 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.