dwheels76

NVC Filers - April 2020

804 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, MS&JA said:

I guess it’s better than getting an RFE asking for a cat pic? 😂

Guys on a side note. We’re stuck in Spain. Everything has been locked down. We ordered my husbands police certificate over a month ago but nada. We have a receipt that the Ministry of Justice has received our request, along with a recently expired Police Certificate (he needed one for work). Our plan is to upload an affidavit showing we requested an updated certificate, along with the expired one. We indicated we’d bring the updated one to the interview.

What do you think? We just wanna send this off before Trump tweets any more wild ideas about immigration or USCIS.

Thanks.

I have read posts from people who have done exactly what you're thinking of doing, and it seems that in most cases that has worked. The risk is that there's no standard procedure in place for this situation, so you're taking a chance on having your case reviewed by someone who is either willing to help you with this or by someone who can't be swayed to help you in these unprecedented circumstances. Having said this, I must say that I've seen more successes in this approach than failures.

If they don't accept it, you'll get a RFE, I guess, which could set you back two more months or longer. Right now, with these ongoing delays, two months maybe isn't such a huge deal.

3 minutes ago, JapanResident said:

I have read posts from people who have done exactly what you're thinking of doing, and it seems that in most cases that has worked. The risk is that there's no standard procedure in place for this situation, so you're taking a chance on having your case reviewed by someone who is either willing to help you with this or by someone who can't be swayed to help you in these unprecedented circumstances. Having said this, I must say that I've seen more successes in this approach than failures.

If they don't accept it, you'll get a RFE, I guess, which could set you back two more months or longer. Right now, with these ongoing delays, two months maybe isn't such a huge deal.

Thank you very much for your opinion and advice. Whatever the outcome, I’ll share it here for others. 

🙃

Filed: IR-2 Country: Haiti
Timeline
5 hours ago, MattyUKtoUS said:

Some good news at last!! Feb 9 was our submit date! I am so utterly grateful of some good news! To everyone waiting! your time will be soon - this took just over 10 weeks!

image.png.5cc6a127f3a77a00ace65ff4e9c4cacf.png

Congratulations, This is in fact good news and i am happy for you. My submission was Feb 20, Hope to hear from them soon.

Timeline
10 hours ago, Lolonyo said:

I am not able to download my tax transcripts online because I needed a code to be sent to me but haven't received it yet & not sure it will come due to the IRS scaling back on mailings. 1. Has anyone received this mail out verification code from the IRS recently to retrieve tax transcripts? 

2. If I am sending in tax returns instead of transcripts, do I need to upload my w2s as well? Do I have to add anything else? 

I want to avoid all delays at this point as I know you all understand. I appreciate your input! Thanks! 

Yes if you are using your tax returns  you  also need to upload your W2s.

On 4/17/2020 at 4:34 PM, VTimmy said:

Hi, What does that mean? is it mean on your Affidavit of Support you have to submit i864 with Tax transcript and W2 + evidence+ paystub ETC on a complete Seperate Tab? 

thanks.

Yes, they had to be on a separate tab. My transcript and W2s were submitted on the same tab initially. 

Quick question, I see this in the dashboard:
image.png.81c8e74d315d8162a4ff6115d5700107.png

Says my case is currently at NVC.

Does the date above refer to current case file creation time or does it refer to current case review time?

I would assume that we are just waiting for the consulate to open up and then they send out the interview letter, is that correct?

Getting married February 2019 prior to filing I-130

Timeline
3 hours ago, Justjake said:

Quick question, I see this in the dashboard:
image.png.81c8e74d315d8162a4ff6115d5700107.png

Says my case is currently at NVC.

Does the date above refer to current case file creation time or does it refer to current case review time?

I would assume that we are just waiting for the consulate to open up and then they send out the interview letter, is that correct?

The date above refers to current case review time. Congrats! You are correct  you have to wait for the interview letter. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
On 4/15/2020 at 1:07 PM, Jmeleecur said:

After holding for almost an hour a woman came on the line, I explained what had happened and that their request for an unexpired document wasn't correct since his passport is valid through 2027.

She put me on a brief hold, came back on the line and said that she emailed her supervisor, she saw that the document clearly lists a valid date, this is a very 'cut and dry' , and while sometimes it can take up to 6 weeks for review (😵) that doesn't mean it will.

She said I do not need to take any action and just wait for an email back from them.

I really hope I don't have to be on edge for awhile waiting for their reply. 🙏🙏

Though, I am grateful to know all other documents are good to go!

I'll keep everyone posted when I hear back.

Just an update, feeling a bit discouraged- I still haven't heard back. I even called back that same day and it was confirmed by two people the email had been sent for action to be taken to correct their mistake, and I also spoke with a supervisor. It's only been a week, but the supervisor said, while it could be up to 6 weeks for them to correct, he said I could get a reply that day or the next day or within the next week. I would just like to have this part of the process off the table. I hope we hear back from them soon. 

11 minutes ago, MS&JA said:

Question, we uploaded everything yesterday (DS160, I864, supporting, and civil docs). When I log in to the Status Update section of CEAC, it says this- do I need to email them everything I submitted through CEAC? We're so confused. Thank you.

No, but I understand your confusion. It's appalling how unclear their directives are, and potentially damaging, too, if you follow them! If you've uploaded and submitted everything, which it seems you've done, then that's all you need to do. You can go to the self-tracking link (the second one highlighted in your screenshot), but until you're approved, the page won't let you proceed. I always check here instead: https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx On this link, you can see if you have any communications from them, and you can also check if your submissions have been approved or denied.

So I tried to change my embassy a few days ago, and was told that just a picture of my bio page of my passport was not enough evidence to proof that I am a citizen of the Netherlands.. How confusing. So I just sent them another e-mail with my passport page (again), birth certificate, driver's license, and official government documentation of when I came back from Dubai.. *sigh* I hope its sufficient now. 

7 minutes ago, JapanResident said:

No, but I understand your confusion. It's appalling how unclear their directives are, and potentially damaging, too, if you follow them! If you've uploaded and submitted everything, which it seems you've done, then that's all you need to do. You can go to the self-tracking link (the second one highlighted in your screenshot), but until you're approved, the page won't let you proceed. I always check here instead: https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx On this link, you can see if you have any communications from them, and you can also check if your submissions have been approved or denied.

Thank you very much. We sincerely appreciate your input. It's endlessly confusing because the status section indicates they will not proceed with our file until we physically mail them our packet...but the "regular" CEAC website says we should NOT mail documents, or otherwise risk a delay.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.