48 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, ourwildjourney said:

Exactly. That’s really my question. Do they either all open on the 7th or none open on the 7th. Or will it vary state to state?  If the Fed says “open up the ASC offices” could individual states say “Nope” or do they have to?  Maybe we stay safe in Utah for several more weeks and see if Utah opens before heading back to CA which has more cases anyway. 

There maybe an announcement next week on wednesday.  But I would expect the announcement to be keeping the public offices closed longer.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
4 minutes ago, ourwildjourney said:

Exactly. That’s really my question. Do they either all open on the 7th or none open on the 7th. Or will it vary state to state?  If the Fed says “open up the ASC offices” could individual states say “Nope” or do they have to?  Maybe we stay safe in Utah for several more weeks and see if Utah opens before heading back to CA which has more cases anyway. 

Biometrics appointments are scheduled at your local office.

Filed: O-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, payxibka said:

It took 108 days for my wife's biometrics,  didn't slow us down one bit

cool, just checked your timeline and it seems like that was the case indeed! congratulations. do you have a sense for why your biometrics took so long?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 minutes ago, fs2439 said:

cool, just checked your timeline and it seems like that was the case indeed! congratulations. do you have a sense for why your biometrics took so long?

Yes, USCIS scheduling snafu in May

YMMV

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Paul & Mary said:

There maybe an announcement next week on wednesday.  But I would expect the announcement to be keeping the public offices closed longer.

Totally agree with that . 

Timeline
17 minutes ago, fs2439 said:

Seattle was closed for a while, when the others were open, so it doesn't seem to need to be all or nothing

Good point . Thanks!

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Nitas_man said:

Biometrics appointments are scheduled at your local office.

Yes but I think it just auto-populates based on your physical address.  If people move to another state during the process, most people I have seen go to ASC in their new home state instead of heading back to their original state for the appointment.  What I am learning here is nobody really knows.  Mostly, I'm trying to decide (for a ton of reasons) do I just stay safe in Utah with family for another month or head back to California.  This is more an academic question than anything.  Thanks for your responses?

Timeline

When you move you should inform USCIS of you new address. I imagine that when you do that, they reschedule your appointment to the appropriate location. Sometimes, however, it is not the closest to your home. Someone in orlando had theirs scheduled in tampa. luckily the location i was supposed to attend is a 10 minute drive from my house (although i don't drive), but who knows when they reschedule if I will be in the same place...

Timeline

i honestly think we just have to wait and see what happens... read a novel, do something else... it's out of our hands right now and it's unclear whether anyone knows what will happen

Timeline

my ap and ead estimates on this website keep getting longer and longer.... 🙄 i don't know how they make those estimates either

Edited by fs2439

1 minute ago, fs2439 said:

i don't know how they make those estimates either

Entirely by using self-reported data of VJ members.  Makes sense that the timelines are greatly extending.

1 hour ago, Nitas_man said:

If you have a letter scheduling an appointment for a time at a specific office in Az that might qualify as an essential trip.  Crossing a state line from an impacted area might earn a quarantine.  Nothing personal but we are going to cheerfully re-elect the Texas officials who lock down travelers from New York, New Jersey, Ct, and New Orleans and we asked for Washington and California as well.  The first 4 are going straight to a 14-day quarantine before they move around our communities.

Not Michigan, Illinois or Florida?  Those three have, or about to, surpass Washington state in confirmed cases.....

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Not Michigan, Illinois or Florida?  Those three have, or about to, surpass Washington state in confirmed cases.....

We’re expecting some areas to be added but no, not yet.  Florida imposed the same rule on the NY tri-state area when they started bringing cases down there.  
New Orleans had mardi gras and huge St Paddy celebrations the week of the 17th, as did NYC while we were all locked down because of a small handful of cases. 
 I’m having trouble building as much sympathy for such irresponsible behavior as we had for Washington State, where it got out of hand before anyone saw it coming.

Just added:  Miami, Atlanta, Detroit, Chicago, Wahington, California - all ordered to self-quarantine on arrival.

Interstates manned by DPS.

Edited by Nitas_man

Timeline

as it generally takes up to 14 days for symptoms to manifest, and testing takes about five days to a week, and this disease progresses as quickly as it does, we are looking at data from several weeks ago. therefore, more states might be severely affected than we actually imagine at this time.

that said, i totally agree that we all should try to be as conservative as possible in terms of protecting our health and that of others. In my case, Iam absolutely locked up, by myself in my apartment, because i believe it is the most responsible thing to do (especially as i am expecting a daughter). anyway, good luck everyone and stay safe.

15 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Entirely by using self-reported data of VJ members.  Makes sense that the timelines are greatly extending.

I understand, but doesn't it seem like the averages are changing too fast? my estimates have been pushed back one month from what they were three weeks ago. do they really have that much data to make these projections? i guess they must? thanks for your thoughts

Edited by fs2439

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.