Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'biometrcis'.
Hi, We filed N400 for my mother (aged 83). Her biometrics appointment was done on Dec 22 ar Greer,SC. They had lot of difficulty to get her finger prints. They claimed it is common for older adults. They finished it and sent us home. Now, when we checked USCIS site, they sent another notice for new biometrics for Jan 11th. Did anyone of come across a situation like this. What can be done to get the scans go smooth ?
Hi guys! I applied for green card in August 2020 (marriage to US) and currently I still have nothing, no work permit or AP. I already gave my biometrics on March 8th 2021 - apparently it was for the I-485 application only and now the status is "waiting to schedule for an interview" or something like that. As for the EAD + AP no news yet! I just got a letter saying that I should give my biometrics once again on May 28th, 2021, but it mentions only the i-765 form (the work permit). Do i have to expect to receive a third appointment for the AP (form i-131)? And also, what if I simply went to the field office asking if I can gave my biometrics as a walk in as I already gave them (taking the appointment notice with me, showing that I actually have an appointment in the future)? Did anybody do that and was successful? I have a difficult family situation in my home country and I would really be happy if I could avoid waiting 3 more weeks to give my biometrics as I already gave them, not to mention that I sent my application almost a year ago and I currently am still in a limbo where I basically have nothing (can't work, travel, drive, etc.) Thank you all!!
Basically the title. My wife's appointment is scheduled for Jan 7th, but for reasons related to my work, it would be so much more convenient if we could get it done earlier - sometime this week or next, ideally. I have heard of people who just show up to the appointment, even weeks earlier, and walk-in and get it done. Is this common/ acceptable? Should I call the office and confirm with them first if it's okay? I would much rather wait until the designated date than go through USCIS's formal rescheduling process. Thanks in advance!