Greenbaum

APRIL 2020 I-129F (K-1) Filers

459 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Ms. Clarke said:

Question about rfe. What are acceptable documents for proof of meeting with in the two years time frame I sent a plane ticket and that was not enough. If I wrote a statement and send pictures would that be enough? How should i”the evidence be prepared ?

Did you time/date stamp and described your pictures?

did you send the actual boarding passes?

Copy of your passport stamps?

You can also have family /friends write affidavits that they know of your relationship. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

So I still haven't heard anything back for my case yet. We received NOA1 April 7th and nothing. It almost seems like I'm the only one on this thread that hasn't received ANY sort of update yet and it's days past April 7th on the processing times page. Has anyone else still not heard any update yet? And I don't necessarily mean an approval, but an RFE, approval, or even a denial---SOMETHING that tells you that at least the embassy looked at your case. At this point I don't really know what to do. We're about halfway though December and people are going on holiday leave soon. I can't inquire because I already inquired less than 30 days ago and that was basically a waste of time.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
8 minutes ago, as1996 said:

So I still haven't heard anything back for my case yet. We received NOA1 April 7th and nothing. It almost seems like I'm the only one on this thread that hasn't received ANY sort of update yet and it's days past April 7th on the processing times page. Has anyone else still not heard any update yet? And I don't necessarily mean an approval, but an RFE, approval, or even a denial---SOMETHING that tells you that at least the embassy looked at your case. At this point I don't really know what to do. We're about halfway though December and people are going on holiday leave soon. I can't inquire because I already inquired less than 30 days ago and that was basically a waste of time.

Hang in there. It will probably come next week 🙏🏽

10 hours ago, Reg&des said:

Did you time/date stamp and described your pictures?

did you send the actual boarding passes?

Copy of your passport stamps?

You can also have family /friends write affidavits that they know of your relationship. 

You have some good answers. I find this link to have additional explanations and examples much like yours. 

I-129F Evidence of Meeting « Visa Tutor

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

10 hours ago, as1996 said:

So, I still haven't heard anything back for my case yet. We received NOA1 April 7th and nothing. It almost seems like I'm the only one on this thread that hasn't received ANY sort of update yet and its days past April 7th on the processing times page. Has anyone else still not heard any update yet? And I don't necessarily mean an approval, but an RFE, approval, or even a denial---SOMETHING that tells you that at least the embassy looked at your case. At this point I don't really know what to do. We're about halfway through December and people are going on holiday leave soon. I can't inquire because I already inquired less than 30 days ago and that was basically a waste of time.

Look, there are some countries that are slow in returning the background checks and we find a concentration of those countries in Africa and the middle east. Some are computerized but dependent on human interaction and others paper exist. Those take time. We are starting to see a pick-up of activity in March and they are now starting on April. Yours will come in time. Be Patient.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
17 hours ago, as1996 said:

So I still haven't heard anything back for my case yet. We received NOA1 April 7th and nothing. It almost seems like I'm the only one on this thread that hasn't received ANY sort of update yet and it's days past April 7th on the processing times page. Has anyone else still not heard any update yet? 

What's the processing times page? I haven't heard anything and I'm April 9th

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
3 hours ago, daniel_and_lily said:

What's the processing times page? I haven't heard anything and I'm April 9th

The processing times page allows you to see the estimated times for when you could expect to hear an update for your case. It basically is just a site that shows you what cases they're currently working on, and right now it says they're working on April 14th applications, so clearly they're not very accurate all the time. Admittedly, it is a strange time considering the pandemic and a new president coming into office in a few weeks. So those are probably a couple of the factors contributing to the slowdown in things getting done. This is the link to the website for processing times: https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

I finally got our RFE letter in our mail. Looks like they need more evidence of us visiting each other in the last two years. We have plenty of evidence including hotel reservations, flight confirmations, and of course passport stamps. I noticed a lot of people provide original copies of boarding passes? I don't think I've used a real boarding pass in years (digital boarding passes ftw! or not really in this case -_-) and even if I did I usually throw them away. lol (clearly not sentimental). Has anyone else provided proof of flight reservations and gotten their RFE's approved? Otherwise, do you think a passport stamps and hotel reservations would suffice?

Thanks in advance!

Rach

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
3 hours ago, as1996 said:

The processing times page allows you to see the estimated times for when you could expect to hear an update for your case. It basically is just a site that shows you what cases they're currently working on, and right now it says they're working on April 14th applications, so clearly they're not very accurate all the time. Admittedly, it is a strange time considering the pandemic and a new president coming into office in a few weeks. So those are probably a couple of the factors contributing to the slowdown in things getting done. This is the link to the website for processing times: https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

Ok, so to answer your initial question, I wouldn't put much stock on this. These are just very loose estimates. And the people here who have had their NOA2 are around the same time frame as you.  I'm expecting to get mine within the next couple of weeks. I'm not sure if you're reading the other parts of the thread, but there are plenty of people who were ahead of us who didn't get anything yet.

12 hours ago, rayych said:

Hi Everyone,

I finally got our RFE letter in our mail. Looks like they need more evidence of us visiting each other in the last two years. We have plenty of evidence including hotel reservations, flight confirmations, and of course passport stamps. I noticed a lot of people provide original copies of boarding passes? I don't think I've used a real boarding pass in years (digital boarding passes ftw! or not really in this case -_-) and even if I did I usually throw them away. lol (clearly not sentimental). Has anyone else provided proof of flight reservations and gotten their RFE's approved? Otherwise, do you think a passport stamps and hotel reservations would suffice?

Thanks in advance!

Rach

There is a section in the guide that spells out the best evidence to use for meeting either when you submit the I-129f, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e) or after when in receipt of an RFEK1 Fiance Visa Step-by-Step Guide on Filing an I-129F for a Foreign Fiance - US Immigration & Visa Guides - VisaJourney

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

23 hours ago, rayych said:

Hi Everyone,

Thanks in advance!

Rach

Not directed to you but it’s really frustrating that they still send RFEs when you’ve already provided a bunch of evidence. They want the same evidence but in a different way? It’s so needlessly picky. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Beegirl said:

Not directed to you but it’s really frustrating that they still send RFEs when you’ve already provided a bunch of evidence. They want the same evidence but in a different way? It’s so needlessly picky. 

Haha yeah, it’s rough, especially after waiting 7 months only for them to say they need more 🥺. Gotta respect the process though. Best of luck to you! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

6 April and still haven't heard anything. My attorney submitted an inquiry in early November (before USCIS changed their timelines from 5-7 months to 6.5-8 months). We got a canned email response 3 weeks later that basically said "You should hear something soon". Gee, thanks 🙄. And good luck trying to talk to a human. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Kyrgyzstan
Timeline
22 minutes ago, kjmdrumz3 said:

Can we get an update to this? I haven't found a good program for PC. Thanks!

See the difference. It’s only 5 days between these 2 April sheets

CE29AA75-94A0-4943-A52A-487BB7845862.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.