Zohaib135

AP Status Changed to Issues

22 posts in this topic

Hello

I was having B1/B2 interview in Islamabad at 5th March 2020. Till yesterday status was Refused but now i checked it says ISSUED (25 March) and mentioned:

Your visa is in final processing. If you have not received it in more than 10 working days, please see the webpage for contact information of the embassy or consulate where you submitted your application.
For more information, please visit U.S. Embassy Islamabad.

What does it mean? Issues mean passport is issued or visa is issued? What you think due to Corona they are rejecting it? as i heard AP take alot of time?
Anyone face same issue please share experience.

& if ISSUED mean Visa issued then how rejection is shown. Because i didnt see anyone posted that my status was REFUSED and then i got call to pickup. Please explain both cases. ill be grateful

Thanks
Edited by Zohaib135

If CEAC status says issued it means your visa was issued. The refusal  prior to that referred to the temporary refusal (administrative processing).  Consider yourself lucky you were only in AP for 20 days, that’s pretty good for your embassy.

8 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

If CEAC status says issued it means your visa was issued. The refusal  prior to that referred to the temporary refusal (administrative processing).  Consider yourself lucky you were only in AP for 20 days, that’s pretty good for your embassy.

Really? i cant believe it now. Its night here i am excited to wait for pickup call or email. I cant believe to the status.

I wish i get issued, i'll surely update you here

Edited by TBoneTX
profane word edited

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Congratulations on your visa, and thanks for watching your language in your future posts. :) 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
19 hours ago, Zohaib135 said:

Hello

I was having B1/B2 interview in Islamabad at 5th March 2020. Till yesterday status was Refused but now i checked it says ISSUED (25 March) and mentioned:

Your visa is in final processing. If you have not received it in more than 10 working days, please see the webpage for contact information of the embassy or consulate where you submitted your application.
For more information, please visit U.S. Embassy Islamabad.

What does it mean? Issues mean passport is issued or visa is issued? What you think due to Corona they are rejecting it? as i heard AP take alot of time?
Anyone face same issue please share experience.

& if ISSUED mean Visa issued then how rejection is shown. Because i didnt see anyone posted that my status was REFUSED and then i got call to pickup. Please explain both cases. ill be grateful

Thanks

Am sorry but I had a good laugh at this one....ISSUED as others have said means your visa has been approved you only have to wait for it to be delivered or you pick it up depending on the options you choose on your CEAC account.

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

7 minutes ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

Am sorry but I had a good laugh at this one....ISSUED as others have said means your visa has been approved you only have to wait for it to be delivered or you pick it up depending on the options you choose on your CEAC account.

Hah You can laugh of course. BTW thanks for your help.

Not sure they do deliver during this pandemic but i'll be adding to this post if there is any update

Appreciated,

1 hour ago, Dustin725 said:

This is interesting, I thought the embassies were currently not processing any applications due to the suspension of visa services worldwide. 

Nope, they are just cancelling appointments and any other non-emergency interaction with the public (same as USCIS). They are continuing other work. OP had his appointment before the shutdown. 

Edited by SusieQQQ

29 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

Nope, they are just cancelling appointments and any other non-emergency interaction with the public (same as USCIS). They are continuing other work. OP had his appointment before the shutdown. 

This doesn’t seem to be true. When I asked about visa applications that are currently processing they had the following to say. 

I have already attended my visa interview. What will happen with my visa application that is currently being processed?   

If it was not possible for your visa to be issued prior to the Presidential Proclamation taking effect, your passport was returned to you.  Please sign in to your Visa Appointment Service account for delivery tracking information.   

    

If your application is subject to additional administrative processing, or under review pending a decision on a waiver of ineligibility or for any other reason, that will remain the status of your case until you

 are advised  otherwise.    

    

If information or documentation other than your passport has been requested in connection with a nonimmigrant visa application, you can still send it in. Your case will be reviewed when routine operations resume. However, you should not submit your passport for a nonimmigrant visa case, even if it has been requested from you.    

    

If any information or documentation has been requested for your immigrant or fiancé(e) visa application, you can still send it in. Your case will be reviewed when routine operations resume.   

If you have any questions about your pending visa application that are not covered here, you can contact us to request clarification after normal operations resume. Please monitor our website for details.

15 minutes ago, Dustin725 said:

This doesn’t seem to be true. When I asked about visa applications that are currently processing they had the following to say. 

I have already attended my visa interview. What will happen with my visa application that is currently being processed?   

If it was not possible for your visa to be issued prior to the Presidential Proclamation taking effect, your passport was returned to you.  Please sign in to your Visa Appointment Service account for delivery tracking information.   

    

If your application is subject to additional administrative processing, or under review pending a decision on a waiver of ineligibility or for any other reason, that will remain the status of your case until you

 are advised  otherwise.    

    

If information or documentation other than your passport has been requested in connection with a nonimmigrant visa application, you can still send it in. Your case will be reviewed when routine operations resume. However, you should not submit your passport for a nonimmigrant visa case, even if it has been requested from you.    

    

If any information or documentation has been requested for your immigrant or fiancé(e) visa application, you can still send it in. Your case will be reviewed when routine operations resume.   

If you have any questions about your pending visa application that are not covered here, you can contact us to request clarification after normal operations resume. Please monitor our website for details.

Even i just looked into a group, Three of members got update yesterday on their visa status. So keep an eye over status and patience is important.

21 minutes ago, Dustin725 said:

    

 are advised  otherwise.    

    

    

You didn’t give a source. I am assuming that is a specific embassy website? I know some embassies are subject to country lockdowns and/or are in high risk areas that have sent a lot of staff back to the US, affecting operations. As shown by OP and other cases I am aware of, it’s not true for all, even if the “continued operations” is not as widespread as my initial response implied.

1 hour ago, SusieQQQ said:

You didn’t give a source. I am assuming that is a specific embassy website? I know some embassies are subject to country lockdowns and/or are in high risk areas that have sent a lot of staff back to the US, affecting operations. As shown by OP and other cases I am aware of, it’s not true for all, even if the “continued operations” is not as widespread as my initial response implied.

Unable to give a source because it’s from an email exchange between the London embassy. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/suspension-of-routine-visa-services.html

This source lead me to believe it’s the same across all embassies, but I’m not sure what counts as routine visa services. News also just came out that they’ll be processing visas for medical professionals since they are in high demand. Just all insinuates that they aren’t processing other visas unless it’s important.

Edited by Dustin725

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.