ECCK

Interviews in Australia set to be reduced with some cancelled

468 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Rosie_Emma91 said:

Hi all :)

Hope your weekend is going well so far! 🙂

I have a quick question about the DS5540 form.  My interview was scheduled for 28 April in Sydney but was unfortunately cancelled. We are also trying to get an emergency visa interview. 

Have the people that have recently had interviews been required to produce the DS5530 form? All my interview documents are ready to go but I do not have this form completed.

Thanks so much! 

We didn't personally need that form. I don't think that this form applies to this stage of the process. Follow the checklist that the consulate gave you prior they will tell you what forms to bring. It doesn't hurt to include more evidence of financial stability but I don't think you need to bring that form. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

@Rosie_Emma91 that's the new public charge form I believe?  We prepared ours just in case since it was asked for since the new rules went into place in February.  I am glad to hear that it hasn't been asked for at this point but, we're ready if they do.

Timeline

As soon as our case makes it Sydney we'll be getting scheduled.  We felt it was better to have and not need than to be asked and not have the public charge forms.  Keep us posted on any developments!  

I'm so confused! Are they conducting interviews for spouse visas in Sydney still? Will there be a huge backlog if they aren't? 

Our Visa Journey:

2 April 2018: Married in Santa Ana, California 💒

6 June 2019: Birth of our daughter 👶👨‍👩‍👧

14 October 2019: Sent I-130 package via AusPost 📮 

18 October 2019: NOA1 received - sent to Texas Service Centre :D

24 October 2019: USCIS processed filing fee 🤑 waiting game 🕰️

22 January 2020: Andy moved back to the USA😞 🇺🇸 - re-establish domicile & to get a job 👨‍⚕️

23 February 2020: Petition transferred from Texas Service Centre to Nebraska Service Centre 😞

15 May 2020: I-130 petition approved! 😭😍 Date changes leading up to the approval were: 1 May, 12 May, 13 May. 

16 May 2020: Received NVC email, paid all fees. Waiting for fees to process so we can upload and submit all documents

19 May 2020: Immigrant visa Fees PROCESSED; affidavit of support fee PROCESSED 

28 May 2020: Submitted VISA application, civil documents & affidavit of support documents. Patiently awaiting DQ. 

2 June 2020: Email received from NVC stating that we have been Documentary Qualified and that they will liaise with US Consulate in Sydney for Interview 🐨

27 June 2020: Expedite request submitted 🤞

7 July 2020: Expedite request APPROVED! 😃😭

15 July 2020: Email received advising of interview date and time. 
20 July 2020: Medical i: n Melbourne CBD 🏥     
28 July 2020: US visa interview at US consulate Sydney - refused 221(g) issued. Request for joint sponsor 😞

31 July 2020: uploaded joint sponsor to NVC, emailed consulate 

5 August 2020: emailed received advising they have received the joint sponsor 

7 August 2020: case i0n “administrative processing” 🤞

10 August 2020: visa ISSUED 😭 

12 August 2020: passport and visa in hand!

1 hour ago, Cilllah said:

Has anyone successfully gotten an emergency interview for reasons other than deployment? 

Yeh I am curious to know this as well. I'm in Aus with our 10 month old daughter whilst he moved back. Middle of a pandemic and I just want this to be over 😭

Our Visa Journey:

2 April 2018: Married in Santa Ana, California 💒

6 June 2019: Birth of our daughter 👶👨‍👩‍👧

14 October 2019: Sent I-130 package via AusPost 📮 

18 October 2019: NOA1 received - sent to Texas Service Centre :D

24 October 2019: USCIS processed filing fee 🤑 waiting game 🕰️

22 January 2020: Andy moved back to the USA😞 🇺🇸 - re-establish domicile & to get a job 👨‍⚕️

23 February 2020: Petition transferred from Texas Service Centre to Nebraska Service Centre 😞

15 May 2020: I-130 petition approved! 😭😍 Date changes leading up to the approval were: 1 May, 12 May, 13 May. 

16 May 2020: Received NVC email, paid all fees. Waiting for fees to process so we can upload and submit all documents

19 May 2020: Immigrant visa Fees PROCESSED; affidavit of support fee PROCESSED 

28 May 2020: Submitted VISA application, civil documents & affidavit of support documents. Patiently awaiting DQ. 

2 June 2020: Email received from NVC stating that we have been Documentary Qualified and that they will liaise with US Consulate in Sydney for Interview 🐨

27 June 2020: Expedite request submitted 🤞

7 July 2020: Expedite request APPROVED! 😃😭

15 July 2020: Email received advising of interview date and time. 
20 July 2020: Medical i: n Melbourne CBD 🏥     
28 July 2020: US visa interview at US consulate Sydney - refused 221(g) issued. Request for joint sponsor 😞

31 July 2020: uploaded joint sponsor to NVC, emailed consulate 

5 August 2020: emailed received advising they have received the joint sponsor 

7 August 2020: case i0n “administrative processing” 🤞

10 August 2020: visa ISSUED 😭 

12 August 2020: passport and visa in hand!

8 minutes ago, zochu said:

Yeh I am curious to know this as well. I'm in Aus with our 10 month old daughter whilst he moved back. Middle of a pandemic and I just want this to be over 😭

I feel you somewhat. I am stuck here with our 3 year old. Not her bio but he is still her dad completely and it is pretty tough. Hopefully they let us out soon.. I would sign things saying I am not coming back. It doesn't hurt Australia for us to be let out on flights that are still running..

I don't believe there will be any issue applying to leave the country.  What the Govt is CURRENTLY trying to stop is people just heading overseas on a vacation.  Once we are able to have an interview and receive the passport back in the mail I don't see any reason you won't be able to travel.... For some of us that could be soon.. for others like me we have at least a couple of months before our packet arrives in Sydney as we just got our NOA2.  Under any NORMAL circumstances this would be about 2 months from approval to being able to book interview....I've been monitoring this thread and a couple of others, plus some facebook posts and I'm yet to see an emergency interview being authorised for anything other than pending deployment (at least for our categories)... I'm resigned to the fact that as a 'normal' application I won't be able to get an emergency interview... but I'm hoping that in 2 months time when my packets is potentially here we might be back to being able to at lease schedule interviews.

Ultimately it'll be what it'll be for the most part... As nice as it would be to be able to get there sooner, that also can present issues at least for our situation where my family will likely not be able to travel internationally for a trip for the wedding....Even though we have 90 days from arrival to get married and submit AOS...who knows when 'general' international travel will be allowed by the government.

2 hours ago, Entheos said:

I don't believe there will be any issue applying to leave the country.  What the Govt is CURRENTLY trying to stop is people just heading overseas on a vacation.  Once we are able to have an interview and receive the passport back in the mail I don't see any reason you won't be able to travel.... For some of us that could be soon.. for others like me we have at least a couple of months before our packet arrives in Sydney as we just got our NOA2.  Under any NORMAL circumstances this would be about 2 months from approval to being able to book interview....I've been monitoring this thread and a couple of others, plus some facebook posts and I'm yet to see an emergency interview being authorised for anything other than pending deployment (at least for our categories)... I'm resigned to the fact that as a 'normal' application I won't be able to get an emergency interview... but I'm hoping that in 2 months time when my packets is potentially here we might be back to being able to at lease schedule interviews.

Ultimately it'll be what it'll be for the most part... As nice as it would be to be able to get there sooner, that also can present issues at least for our situation where my family will likely not be able to travel internationally for a trip for the wedding....Even though we have 90 days from arrival to get married and submit AOS...who knows when 'general' international travel will be allowed by the government.

My biggest worry is that the embassy won't open back up and process visas until the Australian border opens back up for travel. That is worst case but I can see that happening. I do not want to be stuck here until 2021 with my packet gathering dust in Sydney. I know if I had the visa I would be allowed to leave the country as I am sure I could get approved.. But it is just getting that visa for my K1 and K2 that is worrying me.

My wedding was gonna be in October but now it won't be which is what it is. Parents are going to come next October and hopefully we will have bought our own home by then. So I am not worried about no travel for them right now.

Timeline

They are allowing people to leave Australia. We applied for travel exception. We stated that he has an approved K1 visa and he will be moving to the States asap. We had to attach proof of the visa and ties in the United States. We included joint bank account with the United states address, chat history, pictures of the visa and the k1 envelope, and for us a birth certificate of the child we have together. We also had to state his housing and employment status and how he will end his housing and employment when he has travel authority. He was approved and is allowed to leave. 

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/departmental-forms/online-forms/covid19-enquiry-form

It's not stated on the site that any kind of family visa is included but it is, as long as you're living/moving outside of Australia.

Timeline
10 hours ago, Cilllah said:

Has anyone successfully gotten an emergency interview for reasons other than deployment? 

We had an interview for urgent medical reasons. (Non covid).

We didn't have to show proof of the medical condition of the family member in the States.

27 minutes ago, KittyKat3072 said:

We had an interview for urgent medical reasons. (Non covid).

We didn't have to show proof of the medical condition of the family member in the States.

Are you able to tell me what you said in the email or private message me? It would be very appreciated!

Timeline
On 5/4/2020 at 7:16 AM, KittyKat3072 said:

They are allowing people to leave Australia. We applied for travel exception. We stated that he has an approved K1 visa and he will be moving to the States asap. We had to attach proof of the visa and ties in the United States. We included joint bank account with the United states address, chat history, pictures of the visa and the k1 envelope, and for us a birth certificate of the child we have together. We also had to state his housing and employment status and how he will end his housing and employment when he has travel authority. He was approved and is allowed to leave. 

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/departmental-forms/online-forms/covid19-enquiry-form

It's not stated on the site that any kind of family visa is included but it is, as long as you're living/moving outside of Australia.

@KittyKat3072 what reason for exemption did you apply for?  There are several to choose from, we appreciate the help.  Since you aren't returning what did you put in for the return date? 

According to the NVC our case was shipped today so, with any luck the interview will be in the next 2 weeks.  Thx again

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.