ECCK

Interviews in Australia set to be reduced with some cancelled

468 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Chad&Thalia said:

@KittyKat3072 How long was after the interview did it take to get the passport and visa back?  Thx again for the help, if the referenced package in the DHL hack is ours, it's sitting in Sydney which means the interview is coming very soon.

You're welcome to take a look at our immigration timeline on our page. But it was 2 business days. That's from Sydney to Melbourne.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
17 hours ago, Harley999999 said:

Those that applied for an emergency interview, how long did it take to get a response from the consulate?

I have sent an email requesting an emergency interview and its been 7 days with no reply. The auto response email says it should be 1-2 days

I just remembered, another thing you could try is calling this number: 1300 139 399. It's the general Visa hotline for Australia. You can see if they will help you follow up on your request for an emergency interview. I remember I had issues getting through to the Consulate with their phone number, but I called this number and the operator contacted the Consulate on my behalf, who then made contact with me soon after. Maybe give that a go - good luck! 

For those who had their NVC case expedited, how did you arrange that?  What was involved?  I want to see about getting mine processed and on it's way as soon as I can once the NVC has it.

Timeline

@Entheos we were granted an interview based on my mother's non-covid condition.  The case was listed as in transit when the embassy granted the interview once the case arrived.  The physical case never shipped from the NVC, being we had the letter from the embassy we were instructed to ask for the expedite request by the NVC.  It still required the embassy to request the file to get it to ship.  I hope this helps.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Harley999999 said:

Today I received an emergency interview for the 12th of may at the Sydney consulate. I sent the request on the 29th of April. Hopefully everything goes well and all my documents are in order. 

Congratulations! That’s great news. Just to give you an idea of timeframes, I got my passport back from them around 3 business days after the interview. Good luck and you’ll see your fiancé soon :) 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Harley999999 said:

Today I received an emergency interview for the 12th of may at the Sydney consulate. I sent the request on the 29th of April. Hopefully everything goes well and all my documents are in order. 

Congratulations! 🙃

2 hours ago, Harley999999 said:

That's great!!  Happy for you!!  You'll be 'home' before you know it!!

15 hours ago, Harley999999 said:

That’s great! Good work! I’m going to be applying soon as my fiancé has renal failure and his family are essential workers so can’t really support him through this as he’s high risk. But I still need to do my medical and I hope I get more notice than that so I can quickly do my medical before!

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Rosie_Emma91 said:

I received an email from the embassy this morning to advise my request for an emergency interview has been approved. They will send through the date in 1-2 business days 😃

Congratulations!! Glad to hear it :D It should be really soon! 

Timeline
1 minute ago, ECCK said:

Congratulations!! Glad to hear it :D It should be really soon! 

Thank you! I hope it's not next Tuesday because I need my to get my medical done. Do you know how much notice they provide when setting up emergency appointments? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.