ECCK

Interviews in Australia set to be reduced with some cancelled

468 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Chad&Thalia said:

@Cilllah Did you receive your welcome letter or email yet?

I just received the email telling me they have my completed petition and that I need to pay the fee and show receipt and the other info they request so they can schedule interview. I’ll do that today and report back if they reply.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

That's great news!  We're just waiting for an interview date, they didn't have our physical case at the time.  Hopefully we'll receive word any day now.

5 hours ago, Chad&Thalia said:

That's great news!  We're just waiting for an interview date, they didn't have our physical case at the time.  Hopefully we'll receive word any day now.

I don’t want an emergency interview. Just one when they resume again as I don’t want to fly with my three year old in current conditions. So I’m curious if they’ll give me a date soon that’s far off or I’ll be waiting for a reply as generally they hand out dates fast after the email reply.

Timeline
6 hours ago, Chad&Thalia said:

I hope that they’ll open up for interviews soon too. Australia is doing pretty well at controlling covid so there might be a chance some restrictions will be lifted in a few weeks. Hopefully that means the embassy might bring back more staff and interviews will resume. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
21 hours ago, ECCK said:

The Sydney Consulate replied today and has scheduled me an emergency interview for Thursday next week! 

Thats awesome! Congrats! Let us know how it goes. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, KittyKat3072 said:

Thats awesome! Congrats! Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks!! 

Have you reunited with your fiancé yet?

13 hours ago, Cilllah said:

I don’t want an emergency interview. Just one when they resume again as I don’t want to fly with my three year old in current conditions. So I’m curious if they’ll give me a date soon that’s far off or I’ll be waiting for a reply as generally they hand out dates fast after the email reply.

I got an e-mail saying they've delayed all  scheduled  interviews until May 31, possibly later. Sit tight!

1 hour ago, Clayera said:

I got an e-mail saying they've delayed all  scheduled  interviews until May 31, possibly later. Sit tight!

That is good to know for some sort of time frame! Thank you for that! :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
On 4/25/2020 at 12:30 AM, ECCK said:

Thanks!! 

Have you reunited with your fiancé yet?

Thanks for asking, not yet, within the next three weeks we will be reunited, hopefully. We're booking the tickets on Wednesday through United. Apparently Air New Zealand has some but they are super expensive and I don't think/didn't inquire if he would be exempt to transit through NZ on k1 visa.

Good afternoon all.

I know there has been some nervousness around whether or not they are processing K1s since the presidents proclamation/EO.

Please see below response from the Sydney consulate IRT this matter.

Additionally a correction to my last. You dont need a stat Dec to extend your petition, just a regular statement os fine.

Thank you for your email.

Our office is not conducting any interviews for any visas due to COVID-19. We will contact applicants with a new appointment when we are able to start seeing applicants again. The current PP does not affect K visa applicants.

Does anyone have any information on the medical exam.

My interview was suppose to be the 31st of March untill it was cancelled. My medical will expire in July.

Do you think they will make us redo the medical ?

Or will there be a waiver?

Had covid not happend my medical would not have expired before i got to the US.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Harley999999 said:

Does anyone have any information on the medical exam.

My interview was suppose to be the 31st of March untill it was cancelled. My medical will expire in July.

Do you think they will make us redo the medical ?

Or will there be a waiver?

Had covid not happend my medical would not have expired before i got to the US.

From what I’ve read on other threads, you will unfortunately need to do another medical if it expires. This seems to be the experience of other applicants in other countries too. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
10 minutes ago, ECCK said:

Just got my K1 visa approved! The whole interview probably lasted 5 minutes. The consulate is really understaffed at the moment and it seems like there is only one person doing the actual interviews and the rest are support staff. I saw two other applicants - both applying for a spousal visa. They got approved too! 

Glad to hear it !!  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.