ECCK

Interviews in Australia set to be reduced with some cancelled

468 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
1 minute ago, Rosie_Emma91 said:

Thank you! I hope it's not next Tuesday because I need my to get my medical done. Do you know how much notice they provide when setting up emergency appointments? 

From my experience and from what I've seen with other K1 emergency interviews, your interview is usually the week after they notify you. So if they get back to you this week, your interview is likely to be next week. Is your medical scheduled for Tuesday? I think you'll have enough to get that done before you have your interview. 

5 minutes ago, Rosie_Emma91 said:

Thank you! I hope it's not next Tuesday because I need my to get my medical done. Do you know how much notice they provide when setting up emergency appointments? 

Great news getting an emergency interview!!!

based on the last one just a few posts above they were given one on the 12th. That was on the 7th.... so that’s about 5 days.

I suspect yours will be later than that... but I also assume it’s based on their limited capacity too. They’ll get you slotted in as soon as they can. :)

Timeline

I just heard back from the embassy and they have scheduled my interview for Tuesday - I didn't think it would be that soon! I need to see if I can organise flights. The hard part is I haven't even done my medical yet :(

7 minutes ago, Rosie_Emma91 said:

I just heard back from the embassy and they have scheduled my interview for Tuesday - I didn't think it would be that soon! I need to see if I can organise flights. The hard part is I haven't even done my medical yet :(

Good luck! Have you booked your medical?

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Rosie_Emma91 said:

Oh wow! that is really quick! Maybe you could do the medical up in Sydney on the Monday? I think they'll understand given the short time frame. They can give you an approval pending your medical results. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, ECCK said:

Oh wow! that is really quick! Maybe you could do the medical up in Sydney on the Monday? I think they'll understand given the short time frame. They can give you an approval pending your medical results. 

My medical is booked for Tuesday :( @ECCK

I was really hoping I could get my medical done before because i will have to go into quarantine when I return from Sydney! 

I know i should be grateful to get an appointment but I feel so stressed about everything now! 

Timeline
Just now, Rosie_Emma91 said:

My medical is booked for Tuesday :( @ECCK

I was really hoping I could get my medical done before because i will have to go into quarantine when I return from Sydney! 

I know i should be grateful to get an appointment but I feel so stressed about everything now! 

Are you able to rearrange the medical booking? You should call the consulate and see what they advise. It seems like they're doing interviews on Tuesdays and Thursday - maybe they can slot you in on Thursday? If you can't get through on the main consulate number, try 1300 139 399.  It's their visa enquiry phone line and they helped me get in touch with the sydney consulate. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, ECCK said:

Are you able to rearrange the medical booking? You should call the consulate and see what they advise. It seems like they're doing interviews on Tuesdays and Thursday - maybe they can slot you in on Thursday? If you can't get through on the main consulate number, try 1300 139 399.  It's their visa enquiry phone line and they helped me get in touch with the sydney consulate. 

I tried that number and actually spoke to a person and they recommended I email through my request! :)

My medical can surely be re-arranged :)

Thanks for your help! :)

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Rosie_Emma91 said:

I tried that number and actually spoke to a person and they recommended I email through my request! :)

My medical can surely be re-arranged :)

Thanks for your help! :)

Yay! That’s great news!! Good luck at your interview! 

Timeline

Is it okay to attend an interview without completing the medical? There is no way I can attend my medical before my interview so am I better off rescheduling my interview or going and doing my medical at a later date?

5 hours ago, Rosie_Emma91 said:

Is it okay to attend an interview without completing the medical? There is no way I can attend my medical before my interview so am I better off rescheduling my interview or going and doing my medical at a later date?

I did read that you can do the interview if they are still waiting for the results to be sent... but not whether or not you are able to interview without the medical altogether.  I would try and call the consulate on Monday morning.... at least reply to their email with that question...

Timeline

@Rosie_Emma91my fiancé just had her medical last Tuesday and her results from the X-ray and blood test took a few days.  The consulate received her results the following Monday.  I just wanted to give you a recent example, if anyone else had quicker results I am sure they will chime in.  Best of luck and congrats on the interview, a delay is better than no interview.

Timeline
8 hours ago, Entheos said:

I did read that you can do the interview if they are still waiting for the results to be sent... but not whether or not you are able to interview without the medical altogether.  I would try and call the consulate on Monday morning.... at least reply to their email with that question...

Thank you so much for your reply! Unfortunately I have to reschedule my interview as there are no flights available (Brisbane to Sydney) - they have all sold out. I will get my medical done on Tuesday and try to get an interview for the week starting 18 May. It's so unfortunate 😌

@Cilllah I checked this website for state and border closures https://www.interstatequarantine.org.au/state-and-territory-border-closures/ 

I am from Queensland and once I return from Sydney I expect I will have to go into quarantine for 14 days but I have applied for an exemption on compassionate grounds. I am not sure if my exemption will be granted but I thought I would try.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.