ECCK

Interviews in Australia set to be reduced with some cancelled

468 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
15 hours ago, ECCK said:

Just got my K1 visa approved! The whole interview probably lasted 5 minutes. The consulate is really understaffed at the moment and it seems like there is only one person doing the actual interviews and the rest are support staff. I saw two other applicants - both applying for a spousal visa. They got approved too! 

Congratulations!!! 

When are you guys planning to book tickets?

United just went up in price significantly in the last couple days. I'm hoping that they will go down after the May 1. Air New Zealand is also an option btw. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
3 hours ago, KittyKat3072 said:

Congratulations!!! 

When are you guys planning to book tickets?

United just went up in price significantly in the last couple days. I'm hoping that they will go down after the May 1. Air New Zealand is also an option btw. 

Thank you!! I was going to buy tickets once I got my passport back but I also noticed that the United flights are pretty pricey now. They’re nearly double for some dates I was looking at! I did think about Air New Zealand but I wasn’t sure if they would let me transit through Auckland. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
5 hours ago, ECCK said:

Thank you!! I was going to buy tickets once I got my passport back but I also noticed that the United flights are pretty pricey now. They’re nearly double for some dates I was looking at! I did think about Air New Zealand but I wasn’t sure if they would let me transit through Auckland. 

They will allow you to transit. If you have a look-see on the NZ immigration site you will find the policy. Also we called them an confirmed that he would be allowed through because he's on his way to USA. 

I would call the NZ immigration and double check before booking though.

But yeah I'm not sure what United's plan is at this stage, it looks like they have reduced the amount of flights per week and a couple hours ago the prices were 8000 or 11000 but I'm assuming that was for business class I dunno.

They have since gone back down to 2000 USD ish. But it pains me that they were 900 a week ago. :(

Timeline
1 hour ago, KittyKat3072 said:

They will allow you to transit. If you have a look-see on the NZ immigration site you will find the policy. Also we called them an confirmed that he would be allowed through because he's on his way to USA. 

I would call the NZ immigration and double check before booking though.

But yeah I'm not sure what United's plan is at this stage, it looks like they have reduced the amount of flights per week and a couple hours ago the prices were 8000 or 11000 but I'm assuming that was for business class I dunno.

They have since gone back down to 2000 USD ish. But it pains me that they were 900 a week ago. :(

Yikes that’s a massive jump!! I was hoping it would be around $1000. I’ve seen flights are a lot cheaper in June but I’m not confident that those flights will even go ahead. What dates are you looking at going??

On 4/30/2020 at 11:57 AM, ECCK said:

Just got my K1 visa approved! The whole interview probably lasted 5 minutes. The consulate is really understaffed at the moment and it seems like there is only one person doing the actual interviews and the rest are support staff. I saw two other applicants - both applying for a spousal visa. They got approved too! 

That’s amazing congrats! Super happy for you ! 
you got an emergency interview because your fiancé is deploying correct.  ?? Did you have to file a form to ask for it to be sped up due to deploying?? 
my fiancé is deploying soon and we are trying to figure out how to speed our process up too. :) any help would be appreciated too. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Spencer_Kyle said:

That’s amazing congrats! Super happy for you ! 
you got an emergency interview because your fiancé is deploying correct.  ?? Did you have to file a form to ask for it to be sped up due to deploying?? 
my fiancé is deploying soon and we are trying to figure out how to speed our process up too. :) any help would be appreciated too. 

Thanks!! Yeah, i explained to the consulate hat my fiancé was deploying soon and I needed to get there before he left and they allowed me to get an emergency interview. All i did was email them to explain my situation and I included a letter from my fiancés command stating he was due to deploy. There was no form to fill out. You should email the Sydney consulate and check if they’ll process you as an emergency interview! 

Timeline

How long did it take to get the visa after the interview?  I think we're getting closer now, I spoke with the NVC this evening and they have been in communication with the embassy.  A supervisor is following this, if they can get it shipped soon I would anticipate the interview being scheduled shortly upon receipt as that is all they are waiting on now.  

Timeline
53 minutes ago, Chad&Thalia said:

How long did it take to get the visa after the interview?  I think we're getting closer now, I spoke with the NVC this evening and they have been in communication with the embassy.  A supervisor is following this, if they can get it shipped soon I would anticipate the interview being scheduled shortly upon receipt as that is all they are waiting on now.  

I think the general time frame they give you is 1 to 2 weeks after the interview, and then you'll receive your passport with the visa. When i went to my interview, they said it might take longer because there's not enough people in the office now processing the visas. 

18 hours ago, ECCK said:

Thanks!! Yeah, i explained to the consulate hat my fiancé was deploying soon and I needed to get there before he left and they allowed me to get an emergency interview. All i did was email them to explain my situation and I included a letter from my fiancés command stating he was due to deploy. There was no form to fill out. You should email the Sydney consulate and check if they’ll process you as an emergency interview! 

Okay awesome I shall do that! How long did it take you to get your NOA2 , and then how long till you had to wait for your interview ? I’m assuming you had to fly from Melbourne to Sydney for the interview just the other day??

Timeline
14 hours ago, Spencer_Kyle said:

Okay awesome I shall do that! How long did it take you to get your NOA2 , and then how long till you had to wait for your interview ? I’m assuming you had to fly from Melbourne to Sydney for the interview just the other day??

I think it took us around 5 months to get my noa2 (dec 2019) and then the consulate gave me an original interview date for 31 March. When I requested an emergency interview, I got a response within a week with my new interview date. And yeah I had to fly since all interviews are in Sydney. It’s had getting flights too since there’s not many options at the moment.  

2 hours ago, ECCK said:

I think it took us around 5 months to get my noa2 (dec 2019) and then the consulate gave me an original interview date for 31 March. When I requested an emergency interview, I got a response within a week with my new interview date. And yeah I had to fly since all interviews are in Sydney. It’s had getting flights too since there’s not many options at the moment.  

Okay that makes sense, we had ours in since Dec 2019 too so hopefully NOA2 comes in soon then I can do what you did with the emergency interview . I gotta fly from Darwin though. Had you already done your medical? Or they did an emergency one too? Also will the boarder let you go into America atm? Sorry for all the questions 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Spencer_Kyle said:

Okay that makes sense, we had ours in since Dec 2019 too so hopefully NOA2 comes in soon then I can do what you did with the emergency interview . I gotta fly from Darwin though. Had you already done your medical? Or they did an emergency one too? Also will the boarder let you go into America atm? Sorry for all the questions 

Yeah I had my medical completed in Feb but you can still get them done now. You’ll need to get it done before the interview. If the consulate doesn’t receive your medical report before your interview, I’m pretty sure your interview can still go ahead but they will process your visa once it arrives. That’s the advice they gave the other person interviewing when I was there. 

Do you mean whether K1 visa holders are allowed to enter the US? Quite a few on VJ have entered after the EO so I’m sure that part is fine. 

Good luck with your process!

Timeline

Hi all :)

Hope your weekend is going well so far! 🙂

I have a quick question about the DS5540 form.  My interview was scheduled for 28 April in Sydney but was unfortunately cancelled. We are also trying to get an emergency visa interview. 

Have the people that have recently had interviews been required to produce the DS5530 form? All my interview documents are ready to go but I do not have this form completed.

Thanks so much! 

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Rosie_Emma91 said:

Hi all :)

Hope your weekend is going well so far! 🙂

I have a quick question about the DS5540 form.  My interview was scheduled for 28 April in Sydney but was unfortunately cancelled. We are also trying to get an emergency visa interview. 

Have the people that have recently had interviews been required to produce the DS5530 form? All my interview documents are ready to go but I do not have this form completed.

Thanks so much! 

Hello :) Are you applying for a K1 visa? I didn't need to completed that form and I don't think it's needed for the K1 Visa. I just completed all the forms as required in their checklist. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.