ECCK

Interviews in Australia set to be reduced with some cancelled

468 posts in this topic

My packet should be at the embassy as it left ages ago but it still says in transit and I assume it will until this ends.. But glad to know that they are still working.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
On 4/7/2020 at 5:48 PM, ECCK said:

You could email that email I posted above and see what the status is. Since kittykat was able to get an interview, it does seem like they’re still working at the consulate. Let me know how you go. I’m going to give it another shot today. 

Yeah that's a good idea. They appeared to be working with limited staff though. There was only one person working the interview windows doing all in-person services.

Any new updates?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
2 hours ago, KittyKat3072 said:

Yeah that's a good idea. They appeared to be working with limited staff though. There was only one person working the interview windows doing all in-person services.

Any new updates?

Has your fiancé made it to the US yet?

i also got the email saying I needed to send in a letter to extend my petition. I never got a response from them when I asked for an interview, even when I attached a letter from my fiancé’s command. Sigh.. I am hoping that they will reopen soon as Australia has been doing well at controlling the covid 19 situation at the moment. 

53 minutes ago, Harley999999 said:

Nothing yet. I received an email recently from the consulate asking me to provide a stat Dec requesting an extension as my petition had expired Due to the cancellation of my interview. The email also stated that there is still no date or time frame of when interviews will resume.

A stat dec as opposed to a new intent to marry? Most JP around me are closed for the time being.

Timeline
1 hour ago, ECCK said:

Has your fiancé made it to the US yet?

i also got the email saying I needed to send in a letter to extend my petition. I never got a response from them when I asked for an interview, even when I attached a letter from my fiancé’s command. Sigh.. I am hoping that they will reopen soon as Australia has been doing well at controlling the covid 19 situation at the moment. 

No we're a bit concerned with how the covid cases are looking in the US at the moment. So we are a bit hesitant to have him come to the US right at the moment. But at the same time we don't want to wait too long and there be no flights etc..

Timeline
On 4/19/2020 at 12:58 PM, KittyKat3072 said:

No we're a bit concerned with how the covid cases are looking in the US at the moment. So we are a bit hesitant to have him come to the US right at the moment. But at the same time we don't want to wait too long and there be no flights etc..

Well, with the visa in hand hopefully you can jump on a flight at anytime once things settle down. Is the K1 visa that they issued to you have the usual expiry date linked to the medical? 

I finally got a reply from them and they have asked me to email a different address to request an emergency interview. Going to give that a shot now. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
On 4/18/2020 at 9:58 PM, KittyKat3072 said:

United is the only airline flying the Pacific route at the moment. Qantas is suspended through the end of May.  Australia will stay tightly closed as there is a possibility that they will achieve eradication of the virus in the next months. That puts them in a unique situation. The issue will

be if he will be granted entry into the US using the K1 visa at this time ... that’s a question for United  airlines. The US infection crisis isn’t going away in the next 2 months.  I wouldn’t be waiting .. it’s not going to get better here for a long time. 

How long did it take for you guys to get an email back from that email? I emailed them a couple questions including checking up on my packet as it was shipped a month ago and no replies yet. Is it one of those places that generally takes ages to reply?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Cilllah said:

How long did it take for you guys to get an email back from that email? I emailed them a couple questions including checking up on my packet as it was shipped a month ago and no replies yet. Is it one of those places that generally takes ages to reply?

Before the shut down I was getting responses generally after one business day. But now, it took about a week until I heard back from them about an emergency interview. I think they have reduced the number of staff by a lot so things are slow. 

• Captain Ewok changed the title to Interviews in Australia set to be reduced with some cancelled
Timeline
18 hours ago, Cilllah said:

It seems to vary even when they were fully staffed. I would email them again if you had no response.

Timeline
Just now, Cilllah said:

They replied to me today and only answered one of my three questions.
However my status was finally changed from in transit to ready!

Congratulations! That’s progress! At least you know it’s sitting with them and you can work on the next steps. Did they mention anything to you about interview dates??

Just now, ECCK said:

Congratulations! That’s progress! At least you know it’s sitting with them and you can work on the next steps. Did they mention anything to you about interview dates??

Just the normal email that says reply with payment receipt and the other info for interview to be scheduled. I am going to pay the fees tonight (need to work it out as K2 is confusing me) and then email them back and see what happens!
I have everything ready to go basically so I am glad to know that it is there safe and sound now!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.