Happykid

Visa cancelled

50 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
2 minutes ago, missileman said:

In my opinion, the Removal of Conditions should be eliminated.........my wishful thinking...LOL

I think so too.

It's like an extra expense for the I-751 filing, especially if person intends on filing for naturalization immediately after. 

I'm sure that some will time it so that spouse enters US at 2 years inorder to immediately get 10-year green card.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline
45 minutes ago, jakelake said:

CR1 does have removal of conditions if married for less than 2 years when entering the US. That is why I-751 needs to be filed.

40 minutes ago, missileman said:

As does the K-1 if married for less than 2 years when Green Card is approved.

Right, sorry. Somehow forgot that part. lol

I like the idea of the conditions, but with all the waivers available its pretty much waste of our money lol

1 hour ago, Happykid said:

Yes we were planning it, just wanted to wait a few more months and then this happened.

we truly love each other and my heart is broken right now. I do not have any special love for the United States. I make more money in my own country and have a better life here. I just fell in love with him that’s all.

You just indirectly confessed to the charge you lost the visa for, there. 
anyway, that's water under the bridge. Using a student visa as a means to staying with someone is fine as long as you adhere to the conditions of the visa, you didn’t and now it’s time to move on. If it was just a matter of a few months, then it doesn’t look like this has upset the apple cart too much.

Just now, SusieQQQ said:

You just indirectly confessed to the charge you lost the visa for, there. 
anyway, that's water under the bridge. Using a student visa as a means to staying with someone is fine as long as you adhere to the conditions of the visa, you didn’t and now it’s time to move on. If it was just a matter of a few months, then it doesn’t look like this has upset the apple cart too much.

Damn you could also be kind and empathetic. People do what they can to survive... and as I said I came here because I needed solutions for the FUTURE, what happened in the past doesn’t matter anymore so no need to keep telling me what I’ve done is wrong. I know. 

19 minutes ago, Happykid said:

Damn you could also be kind and empathetic. People do what they can to survive... and as I said I came here because I needed solutions for the FUTURE, what happened in the past doesn’t matter anymore so no need to keep telling me what I’ve done is wrong. I know. 

You also need to understand that the more people abuse student visas, the harder it is for future genuine applicants to get them. It’s not all about you. 

10 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

You also need to understand that the more people abuse student visas, the harder it is for future genuine applicants to get them. It’s not all about you. 

It was never my intention to go there and work on that visa. I was a genuine student too and would have never stayed that long if hadn’t met my bf. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Happykid said:

It was never my intention to go there and work on that visa. I was a genuine student too and would have never stayed that long if hadn’t met my bf. 

unfortunately,  intention is not the measure .. it is actions .. hard lesson to learn but none the less consistent with the rules you accepted. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline

This is an immigration forum, not broken hearts club, remember this. We're here to help you with immigration side, and explain you stuff that we know.

Not always our points come out as nice, actually, most of the time than not, it will sound rude. Cause breaking rules is never nice, regardless of wrong or right.

We're here not to judge you, but to give you advice based on your given information, and offer a possible way out. We look at the cases from the eyes of the officers.

Not sure which one would you prefer? Saying that the officer who turned you is bad and give no legit good information with it and just tell what you want to hear, or tell the truth. 

No one here is being personal with you. If your past or future has nothing to do with the current situation. Your main focus of being in US shifted from studying to your partner, therefore you're on the wrong visa. You admitted here that you stayed here longer to study, because you love your Boyfriend. They didn't let you in, because you wanted to use Student Visa, to stay with your boyfriend (might not be literally to stay with him), not primarily to study, hence the turnaround. 

5 minutes ago, The_Empyrean said:

This is an immigration forum, not broken hearts club, remember this. We're here to help you with immigration side, and explain you stuff that we know.

Not always our points come out as nice, actually, most of the time than not, it will sound rude. Cause breaking rules is never nice, regardless of wrong or right.

We're here not to judge you, but to give you advice based on your given information, and offer a possible way out. We look at the cases from the eyes of the officers.

Not sure which one would you prefer? Saying that the officer who turned you is bad and give no legit good information with it and just tell what you want to hear, or tell the truth. 

No one here is being personal with you. If your past or future has nothing to do with the current situation. Your main focus of being in US shifted from studying to your partner, therefore you're on the wrong visa. You admitted here that you stayed here longer to study, because you love your Boyfriend. They didn't let you in, because you wanted to use Student Visa, to stay with your boyfriend (might not be literally to stay with him), not primarily to study, hence the turnaround. 

And I appreciate that because I got answers and that’s all I needed. Thank you all. 

I think the issue is the way you presented it. You originally said (underlining is my emphasis):

"They harassed me with questions, searched my phone, only found out I had a boyfriend. The officer eventually made me say I was doing a little job on the side without finding any evidence just by pushing me to say something like that."

This implies you had some level of innocence and they were out to get you for something you didn't do. Now it turns out you were actually working and knowingly doing so without authorization ("People do what they can to survive" and "no need to keep telling me what I’ve done is wrong. I know. "). Had you come into the conversation just admitting to the unauthorized work and getting caught, I believe there would be less focus on that part and more on the next steps.

I think you will find that people are more sympathetic and empathetic when you are upfront with them.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

2 minutes ago, geowrian said:

I think the issue is the way you presented it. You originally said (underlining is my emphasis):

"They harassed me with questions, searched my phone, only found out I had a boyfriend. The officer eventually made me say I was doing a little job on the side without finding any evidence just by pushing me to say something like that."

This implies you had some level of innocence and they were out to get you for something you didn't do. Now it turns out you were actually working and knowingly doing so without authorization ("People do what they can to survive" and "no need to keep telling me what I’ve done is wrong. I know. "). Had you come into the conversation just admitting to the unauthorized work and getting caught, I believe there would be less focus on that part and more on the next steps.

I think you will find that people are more sympathetic and empathetic when you are upfront with them.

You are right. I think I’m still in denial and not fully accepting my current situation... 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.