Sarge2155

March 2020 AOS Filers

1,285 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Haydnator said:

Glad to finally be here. My fiance and I are getting everything together to hopefully send out by Friday!

Double triple check your papers. Welcome to the thread.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Double triple check your papers. Welcome to the thread.

We definitely are. Especially with the new 1-944, so many new hoops to jump through!

25 minutes ago, Haydnator said:

We definitely are. Especially with the new 1-944, so many new hoops to jump through!

Hi, how are you getting on filling in the I-944 form? I am doing the K1 visa, have been in Chicago for a few weeks now and getting ready to file for AOS. We're making good progress with all the forms, I am struggling with the  I-944 though... 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, SeanDowney0309 said:

Hi, how are you getting on filling in the I-944 form? I am doing the K1 visa, have been in Chicago for a few weeks now and getting ready to file for AOS. We're making good progress with all the forms, I am struggling with the  I-944 though... 

I can try to help if you have specific questions. The problem with the 944 is its such a new form that everyone is having a bit of trouble figuring things out. But I'll do the do the best I can.

1 hour ago, Haydnator said:

I can try to help if you have specific questions. The problem with the 944 is its such a new form that everyone is having a bit of trouble figuring things out. But I'll do the do the best I can.

Thank you very much. Well right now the two things I'm having trouble with are:

1. Providing a credit score/history. I only moved here a few weeks ago so not sure id be able to get a credit history?

2. Education history.  I have a few GCSE's and a IT GNVQ qualification but i don't have any certificates/proof. I'm thinking of just leaving blank as I'm not sure id be able to get the copies of certificates in time

Appreciate your help.

Timeline
13 minutes ago, SeanDowney0309 said:

1. Providing a credit score/history. I only moved here a few weeks ago so not sure id be able to get a credit history?

2. Education history.  I have a few GCSE's and a IT GNVQ qualification but i don't have any certificates/proof. I'm thinking of just leaving blank as I'm not sure id be able to get the copies of certificates in time

Appreciate your help.

1. My fiance is having the same issue, He applied for his SSN the week he got here, but hasn't yet received it. The form instructions say that if you dont have credit history to submit proof, but how can we if we dont have a number?. This thread seems to be a little helpful with it, suggesting to go on one of the three credit reporting websites and just print out the error page it will give you if you try to pull credit history.

2. we were fortunate enough that he was able to bring over his GCSE's and A levels, but we havent had enough time to have the US equivalency done , so we are just scanning copies of his gcse's and a levels as they are. For your case since you dont have them Im not sure what to do. On the one hand if you say you have them and then dont include proof that could make them send you an RFE.

Sorry I couldn't be of any more help.

Edited by Haydnator

1 hour ago, SeanDowney0309 said:

Appreciate your help.

Leaving it blank may have negative side effects by indicating they didn’t finish high school.. 

have you tried emailing his school or training organisations for copies of certificates to be emailed? I finished up shcool in the late 80’s and my old school managed to forward copies.. alternatively, provide a statement saying why they’re not available.

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Hi, just here to share my experience.

Me and my husband have most of the documents ready, we were planning to mail out the application by the end of March. However, right now we are waiting for our marriage certificate(we called and they say it might take 2 months to get it! Grrr!) and my health insurance enrollment notice and of course the credit report everyone is asking about.

I have SSN already, but when I was trying to apply for it online, they all required me to provide an US address that I’ve lived longer for 6months, which I don’t have!  Also, I have tried calling those 3 credit bureaus and did not get any agent to answer my call at all. Trust me, I tried calling for 3 days at least. Therefore, I decided to print out the form and add an explanation of my situation and we are going to mail it as this is how some people did and get the document. Hopefully we’ll get it sooner as most cases I’ve seen is about 3wks.

Finger crossed! Hope I’ll get the needed documents ASAP and hope things work out well for all you guys who are still struggling.

9 hours ago, Sunflowerrrin<3 said:

@kec523 payment taken out and e-notification of NOA1 received today! 🙌

CONGRATULATIONS! And what a relief to know that things are still moving.  I am so happy for you.  I am going to start being cautiously optimistic that we might see some movement next week!! 

4 hours ago, Joliec said:

Hi, just here to share my experience.

Me and my husband have most of the documents ready, we were planning to mail out the application by the end of March. However, right now we are waiting for our marriage certificate(we called and they say it might take 2 months to get it! Grrr!) and my health insurance enrollment notice and of course the credit report everyone is asking about.

I have SSN already, but when I was trying to apply for it online, they all required me to provide an US address that I’ve lived longer for 6months, which I don’t have!  Also, I have tried calling those 3 credit bureaus and did not get any agent to answer my call at all. Trust me, I tried calling for 3 days at least. Therefore, I decided to print out the form and add an explanation of my situation and we are going to mail it as this is how some people did and get the document. Hopefully we’ll get it sooner as most cases I’ve seen is about 3wks.

Finger crossed! Hope I’ll get the needed documents ASAP and hope things work out well for all you guys who are still struggling.

HI @Joliec, thanks for posting! Your post reminded me to give an update on our snail mail request for a credit report.  Others seem to have had luck getting something back that says there is no report.  What we got back was a letter saying their records do not match the information we sent on the form...strange. And that we need to send a copy of social security card and copy of a utility bill to prove address.  I was waiting and waiting to get issued a new utility bill that has both of our names and FINALLY got one. So now that we have both of those things, so I am putting that in the mail today.  

We already sent in our petition with the online error screens and a letter of explanation, I am just preparing this in case of an RFE and/or for later. 

Timeline
20 hours ago, FreyandRyan said:

Any recent filers have their check cashed yet? It’s been jus river a week and nothing yet for us. 

Got ours cashed yesterday and got 3 case numbers. 

Was a bit weird though because they sent the text notification at 1 AM lol. 

Edited by FreyandRyan

3 minutes ago, FreyandRyan said:

Got ours cashed yesterday and got 3 case numbers. 

Congrats! You guys filed after me so that's a little nerve wracking, but who knows what will happen! I am already prepared for the worst, with a rejection or RFE. Just want to hear SOMETHING at this point! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.