Sarge2155

March 2020 AOS Filers

1,285 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, brainless69 said:

Morning all,

I changed my legal name many years ago, and have noted this on all the forms for the AOS. My question is do i need to send my deed poll document which shows this with the packet? it does not state anything on the i485 instruction page. Guess it's better safe than sorry right?

Your country  forum would be a good place to ask this question.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

5 hours ago, kec523 said:

I get really frustrated when I write things and people don't respond so I just wanted to respond to you - but to be honest I am not really sure what you are asking and how to help - the only process I really know about is adjusting from K-1.  That being said, I can answer that my husband is here in the US with me as we file. As far as part two of your question, I don't know. 

What category are you adjusting from? 

Thank you for your response. My dad sponsored me, so adjusting from F2B

Hello, 

If we mailed in the i485 packet on March 9th and did not send the i944 form with it, then does not mean our application will be automatically rejected and returned to us? Of course, we saw this change take place after we mailed our package. 

I called USCIS and they said that if they need the form then I will get an RFE and file will be still accepted if everything else is in order. When I called the USCIS rep she didn't even know about the i944 form. She said she's never heard of it, so I am not sure if I trust what she said completely. 

Anybody have any experience with this? 

5 minutes ago, Mummu said:

Hello, 

If we mailed in the i485 packet on March 9th and did not send the i944 form with it, then does not mean our application will be automatically rejected and returned to us? Of course, we saw this change take place after we mailed our package. 

I called USCIS and they said that if they need the form then I will get an RFE and file will be still accepted if everything else is in order. When I called the USCIS rep she didn't even know about the i944 form. She said she's never heard of it, so I am not sure if I trust what she said completely. 

Anybody have any experience with this? 

Hard to say whether they will reject you or send you an RFE - however the website language suggests it will be rejected if postmarked after 2/24. 

"USCIS will reject any affected application or petition that does not adhere to the final rule, including those submitted by or on behalf of aliens living in Illinois, if postmarked on or after Feb. 24, 2020.

The final rule requires applicants for adjustment of status who are subject to the public charge ground of inadmissibility and certain applicants and petitioners seeking extension of stay and change of status to report certain information related to public benefits."

Did you use the version of the form marked  10/15/19? If you did maybe that will be sufficient for just an RFE? Not sure.

Either way, not much you can do now except wait to either get the petition back and re-file, or get an RFE and respond! In the mean time, you could start working on the I-944 - mostly gathering all of the needed evidence.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 3/10/2020 at 1:44 PM, FreyandRyan said:
On 3/10/2020 at 8:04 AM, FreyandRyan said:

Hi everyone! Glad to be joining this thread as we sent off our AOS yesterday!

Hi! Did you guys submitted a proof of credit /no credit score? 
another question, did you use Form I-131 without the barcode? Thank you!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
9 hours ago, SuperRoxy said:

We did submit a proof of no credit history as my wife just got her SSN and we were able to attempt to run a credit check but nothing showed up so we printed that page. For the I-131 you can submit with or without the barcode. They accept either. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, FreyandRyan said:

We did submit a proof of no credit history as my wife just got her SSN and we were able to attempt to run a credit check but nothing showed up so we printed that page. For the I-131 you can submit with or without the barcode. They accept either. 

So you submitted only her credit score , not needed both of you? Do ypu have noa already? 🙂

Timeline
19 minutes ago, SuperRoxy said:

So you submitted only her credit score , not needed both of you? Do ypu have noa already? 🙂

She doesn’t have a credit score since she just got her SSN. It doesn’t pull a score yet. We submitted the error message from the credit site saying no score or report matching SSN. No NOA yet. We sent in the package on Monday so maybe next week. 

Hi All

odd situation here, I’m currently in the US and at NVC Stage for IR1 Visa, we’ll have been married two years this April and have an approved 130, all financials and civics have been accepted by NVC except my police certificate, so we’re pending a second review and have had Expidite declined.. 

a whole bunch of stuff has happened this last few weeks not to mention this virus and lock downs ect.. anyway, my husband and I have decided we’re going to go AOS now while I’m here and finish all this uncertainty, 18 months apart has really taken its toll and the thought of another 6 it literally unbearable. 

can anyone give me a list list of forms needed to AOS that are relevant to my situation? I see the intro page, but not sure if they all apply maybe more K1 orientated.. 

thanks in advance for help

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

On 3/8/2020 at 7:22 PM, kec523 said:

Hi all, 

Just wanted to share that I sent in my application yesterday, (Saturday 3/7).  I have no idea what to expect as we did not have proof of the "no credit score."  I sent in screenshots of the error messages for the online requests and a letter that explains he does not have a score, and we applied for one by mail as well, but haven't gotten a response.  In another thread about the 944, someone shared that they sent in the snail mail request and it just came back after 3 weeks.  So at this point, it seems maybe the best course of action is to send that in and wait until it comes back and include that in the packet.  

Too late for me, but since I sent mine in about 2 weeks ago, I should get it soon and if I get an RFE I will send it back with this included. 

Could be I made lots of mistakes on the form - I am planning to share as much as possible so others can learn from them! My form should arrive tomorrow or Tuesday to the lockbox, I'm hearing there's a big delay on even the NOA-1 ever since the Feb 24th push, so not sure how long until I will hear anything! Now we wait! 

@kec523 For my fiancé I did the same where I sent a print screen of the error message regarding his credit score. We shall see.

I re-submitted the AOS packet of March 3 and it was received March 5; still waiting on NOA1 and no payment has been taken from my account yet. (Which makes me a little nervous b/c our original filing of 2/12 was rejected b/c my credit card # was off by 1# 🤦🏽‍♀️ Grrrr... I’m still bummed about that! Trying to get the AOS app in before the 2/24 change and the arrival of our baby [also 2/24])

On 3/16/2020 at 8:41 AM, Sunflowerrrin<3 said:

@kec523 For my fiancé I did the same where I sent a print screen of the error message regarding his credit score. We shall see.

I re-submitted the AOS packet of March 3 and it was received March 5; still waiting on NOA1 and no payment has been taken from my account yet. (Which makes me a little nervous b/c our original filing of 2/12 was rejected b/c my credit card # was off by 1# 🤦🏽‍♀️ Grrrr... I’m still bummed about that! Trying to get the AOS app in before the 2/24 change and the arrival of our baby [also 2/24])

Wow, you sure have a lot going on! I can relate a little bit - I am pregnant and trying to do all of this while dealing with first trimester sickness has been ROUGH! 

We haven't gotten an NOA1 or payment yet either.  I am assuming things are crazy there and they were already behind from the 2/24 rush.  Hopefully we hear something soon! You are a few days ahead of me since mine was received on Monday March 9th - so please keep me posted - if you have a chance!!! Totally understand if not! 

Timeline
On 3/10/2020 at 4:50 PM, FreyandRyan said:

Transcripts and diplomas. As well as my wife’s nursing license and registration for both countries she’s worked in. Also copies of her IELTS results. 

Is your wife from the UK? My husband is, but there's something online that says you need some sort of evaluation of  equivalency. Did you guys do that? I was under the impression it would take weeks for that.

Timeline
3 hours ago, BirdSong said:

Is your wife from the UK? My husband is, but there's something online that says you need some sort of evaluation of  equivalency. Did you guys do that? I was under the impression it would take weeks for that.

She’s from the Philippines but was working in the UK for a while under a working visa. We didn’t submit an equivalent evaluation. Figured it would take much to long to get. We submitted a lot of her licensing papers from her previous work visa in the UK though showing her academic history met the standards for her to get a license there. 

6 hours ago, kec523 said:

Wow, you sure have a lot going on! I can relate a little bit - I am pregnant and trying to do all of this while dealing with first trimester sickness has been ROUGH! 

We haven't gotten an NOA1 or payment yet either.  I am assuming things are crazy there and they were already behind from the 2/24 rush.  Hopefully we hear something soon! You are a few days ahead of me since mine was received on Monday March 9th - so please keep me posted - if you have a chance!!! Totally understand if not! 

@kec523 I’ll definitely keep you posted and you do the same as well. Congratulations on your pregnancy!! I hope is smooth sailing for you after the first trimester! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.