Sarge2155

March 2020 AOS Filers

1,285 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Hello from the July filer's thread! 😀

Just curious, what does the general progress here look like? Have most people gotten their EAD/APs?

Edited by kksy

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Uganda
Timeline
21 hours ago, April_L said:

Hi! I received my combo (EAD&AP) card in Sep 2020. Now, I am waiting for the interview for AOS

Congrats! That's pretty fast. I think a lot of July filers just got their biometrics, although one person has her interview scheduled already.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
11 hours ago, kksy said:

Congrats! That's pretty fast. I think a lot of July filers just got their biometrics, although one person has her interview scheduled already.

My wife's 485/765 bio is tomorrow...we filed 7/15.  For some reason they have not scheduled her 12yo daughters biometrics the same as hers, even though they filed AOS at the same time. No one seems to have any answers why they have done so.

I had applied my SSN with I-765 concurrently, but I still have not received it(I received my combo card at the end of November 2020). Is any March filers has the same problems like me? 

I tried to call my local SSA office from December last year, they just keep telling me to wait for 10 business days again and again. Almost 10 phone calls to SSA from December and left approximately 20 voice message to the appointment team manager of local SSA, but they never call back

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

my status got updated today! from interview is ready to be scheduled, to interview is ready to be scheduled! 🙄 only the latter has a todays date as opposed to august 19th the original date!

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Norway
Timeline
On 2/4/2021 at 10:51 AM, brainless69 said:

Wow! First to bring some good news for the March 2020 filers! I got my interview scheduled just now!!! Chicago!!! Let’s go people !!! 

Exciting! :D Still waiting for mine. Let us know when the interview is. It seems like it's about a month from when it is scheduled to the actual interview date?

Concurrent I-485/I-130/I-765/I-131 Filing (married to USC spouse):

2/23/2020: Sent in application via FedEx (following rules before new Public Charge rule) 

2/25/2020: Arrived in Chicago, IL
3/13/2020: Packaged received in return and rejected due to "outdated forms"
3/24/2020: Refiled application with new forms including I-944
3/25/2020: Arrived in Chicago, IL (received by Harper)

4/13/2020: Received 4 late-night texts with case numbers
4/14/2020: Application fee withdrawn from my bank account

4/17/2020: Received hard copies of Receipt NOAs (I-797Cs)
4/17/2020: Requested EAD expedite
4/20/2020: EAD expedite request denied: Case in "in suspense or on hold until we receive your biometrics" +  did not provide evidence of "extreme emergent need"
8/1/2020: Received biometrics appointment notice (for I-485 and I-765)
8/11/2020: Biometrics appointment at the ASC in Sacramento, CA

8/12/2020: Online case status for I-485 and I-765 updated to "fingerprints related to ... have been applied to your case"

8/17/2020: Online case status for I-131 updated to "fingerprints related to ... have been applied to your case"

8/18/2020: Online case status for I-485 updated to "we are ready to schedule your ... for an interview"

9/4/2020: Online case status for I-765 updated to "New card is being produced"

9/8/2020: Online case status for I-765 updated to "Case was approved"

9/8/2020: Online case status for I-131 updated to "Case was approved"
9/10/2020: Online case status for I-765 updated to "Card was mailed to me"

9/12/2020: Received I-797 Notice of Action (approval notice) for I-765 and I-131
9/14/2020: Received my combo EAD card (work authorization and advanced parole)
8/13/2021: Filed renewal application for both I-131 and I-765
11/9/2021: Filed expedite request for both I-131 due to sick father in Norway
12/15/2021: Received email from USCIS for supportive documents (after multiple calls)
12/17/2021: Sent in supportive documents (letter from doctor, hospital appointment notices ++)
12/22/2021: Status changed to "card being produced" (letter on MyUSCIS.com confirms this will be a combo card)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
On 2/4/2021 at 1:51 PM, brainless69 said:

Wow! First to bring some good news for the March 2020 filers! I got my interview scheduled just now!!! Chicago!!! Let’s go people !!! 

Yay Congrats!! I got my Interview scheduled on Thursday as well, currently waiting (im)patiently for my letter to come! Finally!

Timeline

Hi everyone!

Hoping most of you have received interviews already - I'm still waiting in SF and likely for a while now (earliest interview date is likely from April onwards). That's prompted me to consider starting to renew my EAD which expires in Sept. I've read that you should apply 90-180 days before its expiry but I've also read that it can take longer than that atm and USCIS processing times are up to 9 months. I really do not want to have a gap between the two as I'd need to stop working. 

Anyone been thinking of this or has already proceeded with applying just in case?

Still waiting for our interview to be scheduled, we started looking into renewing the EAD as well. 

Removal of Conditions:

Nebraska Service Center

File Date - January 17, 2023

Package Delivered - January 19, 2023

NOA Date - January 24, 2023

NOA Received - January 27, 2023

Biometrics Waived- January 31, 2023

Timeline

So I just spent an hour online with a live representative via emma who didnt help. I called because it has been two weeks since i received the notification that my interview was scheduled but i have not received the letter. So went through the regular security questions via the representative, when they asked me for address i gave it to them. Then when they asked for my previous address i knew they probably didnt update my new address even though they sent me new address approval over a month ago. She said it takes a month to update the address on their systems? To cut a long story short she told me to check online again and read the notifications there, I told her it doesnt say anything and to wait for the post. She told me that they havent sent a letter yet and it was just a notification that my case had been scheduled 🙄🙄🙄 dunno why its so hard with the USCIS. Now trying to call and speak to someone but having trouble getting through... whats the new secret to speak to a person?

2 hours ago, brainless69 said:

So I just spent an hour online with a live representative via emma who didnt help. I called because it has been two weeks since i received the notification that my interview was scheduled but i have not received the letter. So went through the regular security questions via the representative, when they asked me for address i gave it to them. Then when they asked for my previous address i knew they probably didnt update my new address even though they sent me new address approval over a month ago. She said it takes a month to update the address on their systems? To cut a long story short she told me to check online again and read the notifications there, I told her it doesnt say anything and to wait for the post. She told me that they havent sent a letter yet and it was just a notification that my case had been scheduled 🙄🙄🙄 dunno why its so hard with the USCIS. Now trying to call and speak to someone but having trouble getting through... whats the new secret to speak to a person?

Tier 1 people are not helpful. I had one tell me I was not sent any biometrics notice, ironically I received one in mail the next day.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
10 hours ago, brainless69 said:

Did you have USPS send your mail to your new address? I was in the same boat, but USPS forwarded it, so it just took a while longer. I received my Notice on Day 11 after my status online updated. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.