Orangesapples

Bernie Sanders can beat Trump with his liberal vision for America. Primary voters know it.

20 posts in this topic

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/bernie-sanders-can-beat-trump-his-liberal-vision-america-primary-ncna1137031

Sanders’ supporters believe his decades-long record of fighting for social and economic justice and criticizing the corrupt political establishment will turn out people in the general election who don’t habitually vote — a group that skews young, poor and non-white.

Timeline

I think he has a lot more of a chance than the mainstream media gives him credit for, beats me why. Highest individual donors, does the best in polls, won the first two primaries, has a big, active and excitable base. His rallies are the only ones that look anything close to Trump's. His stance on guns is not overly liberal and he is not "open borders" but does want to restore the DACA program. And although many disagree with medicare for all, i think  everyone knows the american medical system needs a lot of work. But MSM media will paint him as a communist. Thing is, a lot of people dont even watch tv these days. So maybe it will not matter. I guess lets see 

Edited by mandsophia

Filed: O-2 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Orangesapples said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/bernie-sanders-can-beat-trump-his-liberal-vision-america-primary-ncna1137031

Sanders’ supporters believe his decades-long record of fighting for social and economic justice and criticizing the corrupt political establishment will turn out people in the general election who don’t habitually vote — a group that skews young, poor and non-white.

For some reason the East coast progressives don't connect with people of color, at least the over 30 crowd. There is a level of pragmatism ingrained that makes some wary of idealistic candidates. 

1 minute ago, mandsophia said:

I think he has a lot more of a chance than the mainstream media gives him credit for, beats me why. Highest individual donors, does the best in polls, won the first two primaries, has a big, active and excitable base. His rallies are the only ones that look anything close to Trump's. But MSM media will paint him as a communist. Thing is, a lot of people dont even watch tv these days. So maybe it will not matter. I guess lets see 

I'm really concerned that Michael Bloomberg will get enough delegates and force a contested convention. Then if Bloomberg runs against Trump, I'm honestly not sure which one is worse. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Orangesapples said:

I'm really concerned that Michael Bloomberg will get enough delegates and force a contested convention. Then if Bloomberg runs against Trump, I'm honestly not sure which one is worse. 

I'm worried about that as well, I think that is the whole reason he is running. Even if he cannot clinch the nomination, to force a contested convention that will 100% not go in Bernie's favor. have you seen what the DNC stacked the superdelegates with? All Hillary/typical dem establishment people who will hate bernie. superdelegates are not democratic at all. Not really sure why certain candidates with very little path to victory are even running anymore either. 

Personally, I think Bloomberg is worse than Trump.

Edited by mandsophia

3 minutes ago, 90DayFinancier said:

For some reason the East coast progressives don't connect with people of color, at least the over 30 crowd. There is a level of pragmatism ingrained that makes some wary of idealistic candidates. 

Over 55 actually 

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/483161-bidens-lead-shrinks-in-south-carolina-as-sanders-climbs-to-second-poll

However, African Americans appear to be split along generational lines. Black voters 55 years and older support Biden by a 40-point margin, but black voters age 54 and younger favor Sanders over the former vice president by a narrow margin of 29 percent to 26 percent.

1 minute ago, mandsophia said:

I'm worried about that as well, I think that is the whole reason he is running. Even if he cannot clinch the nomination, to force a contested convention that will 100% not go in Bernie's favor. have you seen what the DNC stacked the superdelegates with? All Hillary/typical dem establishment people. Not really sure why certain candidates with very little path to victory are even running anymore either. 

Yep, I'm leaning towards Bloomberg being worse. Bloomberg is racist and misogynistic but he's also not stupid and he's competent and can speak in complete sentences. He might be more effective at implementing some terrible policies. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Orangesapples said:

Over 55 actually 

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/483161-bidens-lead-shrinks-in-south-carolina-as-sanders-climbs-to-second-poll

However, African Americans appear to be split along generational lines. Black voters 55 years and older support Biden by a 40-point margin, but black voters age 54 and younger favor Sanders over the former vice president by a narrow margin of 29 percent to 26 percent.

That's why I think, despite what MSM media says, those are the two that can potentially win vs trump. Depends how they play their cards. Biden in the south vs bernie potentially capturing the midwest. or maybe a mix of both. 

Edited by mandsophia

3 minutes ago, mandsophia said:

That's why I think, despite what MSM media says, those are the two that can potentially win vs trump. Depends how they play their cards. Biden in the south vs bernie potentially capturing the midwest. or maybe a mix of both. 

I don't know, Biden can barely speak in complete sentences and it's very easy for Trump to attacks him. He will probably crumble. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Orangesapples said:

I don't know, Biden can barely speak in complete sentences and it's very easy for Trump to attacks him. He will probably crumble. 

LOL I don't disagree, I personally don't think Biden is a good candidate because after 15 minutes of talking in a debate, he completely cannot speak anymore. Just going off polls though, lots of people seem to at least kinda like him because of his association to obama.

I think Bernie is obviously the best candidate for the dem party 

Filed: Timeline
38 minutes ago, mandsophia said:

LOL I don't disagree, I personally don't think Biden is a good candidate because after 15 minutes of talking in a debate, he completely cannot speak anymore. Just going off polls though, lots of people seem to at least kinda like him because of his association to obama.

I think Bernie is obviously the best candidate for the dem party 

Truly scary words.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Bernie's problem is the DNC

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, mandsophia said:

I'm worried about that as well, I think that is the whole reason he is running. Even if he cannot clinch the nomination, to force a contested convention that will 100% not go in Bernie's favor. have you seen what the DNC stacked the superdelegates with? All Hillary/typical dem establishment people who will hate bernie. superdelegates are not democratic at all. Not really sure why certain candidates with very little path to victory are even running anymore either. 

Which is interesting considering Bernie is not technically a Democrat.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Orangesapples said:

With no winner take all events, and the field still petty large, a contested convention is a very real possibility.  Additionally, with the more ardent Bernie supporters promising substantial protests, this could be 1968 all over again.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

With no winner take all events, and the field still petty large, a contested convention is a very real possibility.  Additionally, with the more ardent Bernie supporters promising substantial protests, this could be 1968 all over again.

I think Bernie supporters are still upset with the hillary shenanigans of 2016 so you might be right, if he doesnt get the nomination. Again, i think superdelegates are such a stupid idea