90DayFinancier

'Grim Reaper' Mitch McConnell Admits There Are 395 House Bills Sitting in the Senate: 'We're Not Going to Pass Those'

14 posts in this topic

Filed: O-2 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

11 hours ago, 90DayFinancier said:

https://www.newsweek.com/mitch-mcconnell-grim-reaper-395-house-bills-senate-wont-pass-1487401

So much for the do nothing house, here is the do even less Senate.

I for one am glad that they are sitting on the majority of the crazy House bills

Edited by Cyberfx1024

37 minutes ago, ALFKAD said:

Choosing to not pass something, and “sitting on it” is three different things.  #fakenews

If they have 395 bills they are, by definition, sitting on them. I'm not saying they should pass any, but they should take them up and vote on the legislation. That is their job. Most of us would get fired for showing up and doing nothing. Congress should too. 

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

Timeline
2 hours ago, ALFKAD said:

Reported for inaccurate title and nothing of substance.  There was NOTHING in the title of the topic said in the link.

GRIM REAPER' MITCH MCCONNELL ADMITS THERE ARE 395 HOUSE BILLS SITTING IN THE SENATE: 'WE'RE NOT GOING TO PASS THOSE

Is that better?

Edited by 90DayFinancier

Timeline
56 minutes ago, ALFKAD said:

Choosing to not pass something, and “sitting on it” is three different things.  #fakenews

Choosing to not let a vote go forward and then Literally bragging about not letting the Senate vote is the definition of sitting on it. #splittinghairs

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Someone has to keep a check on the freer spending Dems in the House.  I wonder if anyone bothered to do a study to see what the vote demographics were in the House.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

• Ban Hammer changed the title to 'Grim Reaper' Mitch McConnell Admits There Are 395 House Bills Sitting in the Senate: 'We're Not Going to Pass Those'
Filed: Timeline
11 hours ago, Steeleballz said:

If they have 395 bills they are, by definition, sitting on them. I'm not saying they should pass any, but they should take them up and vote on the legislation. That is their job. Most of us would get fired for showing up and doing nothing. Congress should too. 

My statement last night came from watching the video on my phone, not reading the article.  Not the OPs fault.  But it is misleading to have such a title, then a video at the center top that has nothing to do with the topic at all.  Upon further reading today with more time, I understand it better.

And Mitch clearly said:

"It's not that we're not doing anything. It's that we're not doing what the House Democrats and these candidates for president on the Democratic ticket want to do," he said.

I haven't read all the bills, but the handful I HAVE read, I am very thankful they are not going to be passed.  As referenced in another thread, at least two of them are that "free college for all" BS.  Lots of unnecessary gun legislation, too.

Edited by ALFKAD

.....yet the people "outraged" by this didn't care at all when Harry Reid did the SAME EXACT THING when Republicans had the house...I'd even bet some called him a hero, a savior, a true patriot.... 

Timeline
7 hours ago, Bill & Katya said:

Someone has to keep a check on the freer spending Dems in the House.  I wonder if anyone bothered to do a study to see what the vote demographics were in the House.

That's BS.  

1. Those are not spending bills for the most part.

2. When the Republicans had the house the ran up massive deficits. When Republicans are not in power they promote an obstructionist approach not because they are truly fiscal hawks but because this is about power.

When the Republicans come to power they spend  or cut taxes like drunken sailors, on the things that pander to their base. (Apologies to drunken sailors).

I am not ascribing some sort of moral authority to Democrats, they do the same,  I am just asking you to look at it realistically. 

If you listen to McConnell on many topics , the deficits, regulations, supreme Court appointments, he will freely admit and brag about his hypocrisy.

Filed: Timeline
17 minutes ago, 90DayFinancier said:

That's BS.  

2. When the Republicans OR DEMOCRATS had the house the ran up massive deficits. When Republicans OR DEMOCRATS are not in power they promote an obstructionist approach not because they are truly fiscal hawks but because this is about power.

When the Republicans OR DEMOCRATS come to power they spend  or cut taxes like drunken sailors, on the things that pander to their base. (Apologies to drunken sailors).

I am not ascribing some sort of moral authority to Democrats, they do the same,  I am just asking you to look at it realistically. 

If you listen to McConnell on many topics , the deficits, regulations, supreme Court appointments, he will freely admit and brag about his hypocrisy.

Fixxored for ya.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, 90DayFinancier said:

That's BS.  

2. When the Republicans had the house the ran up massive deficits. When Republicans are not in power they promote an obstructionist approach not because they are truly fiscal hawks but because this is about power.

When the Republicans come to power they spend  or cut taxes like drunken sailors, on the things that pander to their base. (Apologies to drunken sailors).

I agree, that is why I said “freer” spending Democrats.  Btw, all spending/appropriation bills begin in the House.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!