Jump to content

9 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hey.  We are getting ready to file for removal of conditions originally from a K-1. We have looked for the required tax documents to send, but do not quite understand.  Do we need tax transcripts from the IRS.gov website?  H&R Block tax preparer said they could give us out tax transcripts.  Also, what is the difference in tax return trancripts versus tax account transcripts.  Many thanks in advance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Me and her said:

Hey.  We are getting ready to file for removal of conditions originally from a K-1. We have looked for the required tax documents to send, but do not quite understand.  Do we need tax transcripts from the IRS.gov website?  H&R Block tax preparer said they could give us out tax transcripts.  Also, what is the difference in tax return trancripts versus tax account transcripts.  Many thanks in advance!

If you are providing tax transcripts, get them from the IRS.gov website.  Your other option is to provide copies of your filed returns along with copies of the W2s and 1099s.

 

Good Luck!


Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Me and her said:

Hey.  We are getting ready to file for removal of conditions originally from a K-1. We have looked for the required tax documents to send, but do not quite understand.  Do we need tax transcripts from the IRS.gov website?  H&R Block tax preparer said they could give us out tax transcripts.  Also, what is the difference in tax return trancripts versus tax account transcripts.  Many thanks in advance!

IRS.gov. Easiest way to get your transcripts. Can get them pdf online and print them out. That’s what we did. We did tax return transcripts. 

4FC33EA7-132F-4499-A209-3F1645479BBA.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Get the tax return transcripts not the tax account transcripts.


Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

.

.

.

.

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bill & Katya said:

If you are providing tax transcripts, get them from the IRS.gov website.  Your other option is to provide copies of your filed returns along with copies of the W2s and 1099s.

 

Good Luck!

Thank you!

2 hours ago, SuznAaron said:

IRS.gov. Easiest way to get your transcripts. Can get them pdf online and print them out. That’s what we did. We did tax return transcripts. 

4FC33EA7-132F-4499-A209-3F1645479BBA.png

Many thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bill & Katya said:

If you are providing tax transcripts, get them from the IRS.gov website.  Your other option is to provide copies of your filed returns along with copies of the W2s and 1099s.

 

Good Luck!

Ok.  Thank you for clarifying.   We will do that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tax return transcripts are a printout of every line you filled in on your tax return - so it's a document that shows what the IRS has on file for you.  Tax ACCOUNT transcripts are a record of what you have paid (if you owed taxes).  USCIS wants the tax RETURN transcript.

 

Sukie in NY


Spoiler

 

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Sukie said:

Tax return transcripts are a printout of every line you filled in on your tax return - so it's a document that shows what the IRS has on file for you.  Tax ACCOUNT transcripts are a record of what you have paid (if you owed taxes).  USCIS wants the tax RETURN transcript.

 

Sukie in NY

Thank you for answering this.  We still didn't know what the difference was!  Many thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...