michelle221

ead card extensions and expedited the case

9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

I am a F1 student. I was doing my opt after i graduate on December 2018. My ead card expired on January 01 2020. I got married on September 2019 with my husband which he is a citizen of the US. We sent I-130, I-1485, I-765, I-131 all the forms to USCIS. USCIS sent us mails to notice us they received our forms on December. already finished the finger print on January 2020 and USCIS updated about that on my account too. 

My manager told me my ead card expired so I called USCUS to explain the situation if there is a way I can still legally working. They told me I am on c9: “adjustments of status”, which I can extend my card 180 days. They told me tell my manager about that and then it should be fine.

However, my manager asked me to see if USCIS can give me a official letter to prove it. So, I called them again and they said they will not give me anything to show that. Everything I need is on the website.I asked if I can have a chance to expedited my ead card then I can still keep my position. They told me it’s just two months now so it’s not necessary to do that. 

I want to keep my job because I love that job so much. What I can do now? Should I apply expedited the ead card still?

Thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Sounds like you have no received your EAD related to filing adjustment so nothing to extend. You can certainly expedite, should have done a few months ago, expediting is really part of the process now.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

43 minutes ago, michelle221 said:

I am a F1 student. I was doing my opt after i graduate on December 2018. My ead card expired on January 01 2020. I got married on September 2019 with my husband which he is a citizen of the US. We sent I-130, I-1485, I-765, I-131 all the forms to USCIS. USCIS sent us mails to notice us they received our forms on December. already finished the finger print on January 2020 and USCIS updated about that on my account too. 

My manager told me my ead card expired so I called USCUS to explain the situation if there is a way I can still legally working. They told me I am on c9: “adjustments of status”, which I can extend my card 180 days. They told me tell my manager about that and then it should be fine.

However, my manager asked me to see if USCIS can give me a official letter to prove it. So, I called them again and they said they will not give me anything to show that. Everything I need is on the website.I asked if I can have a chance to expedited my ead card then I can still keep my position. They told me it’s just two months now so it’s not necessary to do that. 

I want to keep my job because I love that job so much. What I can do now? Should I apply expedited the ead card still?

Thank you

Request expedited EAD processing based on job loss.

duh

Does this page help? It is an official USCIS page that seems to explain what you said they told you. 

https://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/automatic-employment-authorization-document-ead-extension

Edited by SusieQQQ

Timeline
1 hour ago, Boiler said:

Sounds like you have no received your EAD related to filing adjustment so nothing to extend. You can certainly expedite, should have done a few months ago, expediting is really part of the process now.

yea I heard about the waiting time of the process is longer than before. I was doing some research that said financial loss is not a good reason because the public charge

Edited by michelle221

Timeline
1 hour ago, Donald120383 said:

Request expedited EAD processing based on job loss.

I see. I forget to mention on the post. Also, the health insurance that I get is from the job I was working since OPT. 

Do I have to ask my manager provide a proof letter to them?

Edited by michelle221

Timeline
1 hour ago, SusieQQQ said:

Does this page help? It is an official USCIS page that seems to explain what you said they told you. 

https://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/automatic-employment-authorization-document-ead-extension

Thank you. that’s what the representatives of USCIS gave it to me too

• 2 months later...
Timeline
On 4/14/2020 at 8:06 PM, fs2439 said:

How did this turn out? Did you show your employer the webpage?

Yes!!

three weeks ago uscis told me they accepted my expedite request and then I received my ead card last Friday!! Even though my work place is closed down until May, at least I got my card finally!!

Thanks for all the suggestions!!! I am so appericate about it

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.