Koko bongo

Trump's Travel Ban Mega Thread

2,378 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, coforever said:

thank you so much for this info. I will check and even try to contact them too. 

Pls kindly share the website where you got the info from, thank you

Timeline

Hello everyone, am a Ghanaian living Nigerian. I was born in Nigeria. I applied spousal visa as a Ghanaian with a Ghanaian passport. Do u think the ban will apply to me? What documents do u advise I take along as a foreigner here. Been DQ’ed already and waiting for interview date. Wishing everyone all the best in this journey 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi , 

does anyone know how we can pay for the k1 visa fee ? My fiance tried paying it at a local GT bank and was told he can't pay there. I'm assuming its because of covid 19 . Would there be any other way , like online?  We just want to be able to have it paid so that we can book the interview as soon as everything is lifted and everything resumes.

thanks !

This place is been cold a while now that most of the shifted dates are fast approaching or it’s their a new trade covering our previous concerns and worries. Meanwhile my interview date was moved from March to 1st week of next month, I’m wondering if it will still hold wit trumps temporary 3months ban on immigrants plus borders in Nigerian states are still closed including local flights. Anyone on this table???

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

So we have been waiting for news on international flight resumption and some of us visas are almost expiring. After all the stress just to see ones visa expire to go through a renewal process again. So some Nigerians that are residents in the US contacted Ethiopian airlines who are willing to get Nigeria govt approval for a flight from Niger to the US but that the passengers must be over 150. So I joined the group with this link and in case anyone here is interested. You too can

https://chat.whatsapp.com/KWZMBuLEDeb8UHXKuQjqB8

13 minutes ago, coforever said:

So we have been waiting for news on international flight resumption and some of us visas are almost expiring. After all the stress just to see ones visa expire to go through a renewal process again. So some Nigerians that are residents in the US contacted Ethiopian airlines who are willing to get Nigeria govt approval for a flight from Niger to the US but that the passengers must be over 150. So I joined the group with this link and in case anyone here is interested. You too can

Thanks I just joined the group 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
17 minutes ago, coforever said:

That’s great! I hope it works out. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 minute ago, NatashaK1 said:

That’s great! I hope it works out. 

Yes.. I hope it does too. Please help send the link to any media you think people in this category are. 

Timeline
On 5/12/2020 at 12:00 PM, Patricia Owuh said:

Yea, they will sgraight up deny any petition you file if you have not met in person. I have been to Nigeria 3 times and had planned to go again before this pandemic. We are at NVC stage now, thank you Jesus !! Best of luck!!

Sounds like we are at a similar step in the process. I've also visited my husband in Nigeria three times and are just approaching the NVC stage. Our DS-260 and other documents should be ready to go in the next week or so. Do you have an interview date yet?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Beckybell said:

Sounds like we are at a similar step in the process. I've also visited my husband in Nigeria three times and are just approaching the NVC stage. Our DS-260 and other documents should be ready to go in the next week or so. Do you have an interview date yet?

No interview date yet. There has been problems with AOS fees being paid at NVC.  I called yesterday and they are working on it. System issues they said. We've been waiting on this for over 2 weeks and they said sometimes they get stuck. She emailed her supervisor and said they would create a ticket and it should be good to go in a couple of days. I pray she is right. Where is your husband? Hope the embassies open soon so when he gets his interview date there won't be a problem. 

Timeline
23 hours ago, coforever said:

h

thank i just joined too

Timeline

h

thank i just joined too

Timeline
On 5/17/2020 at 5:41 AM, Emelia62 said:

Hello everyone, am a Ghanaian living Nigerian. I was born in Nigeria. I applied spousal visa as a Ghanaian with a Ghanaian passport. Do u think the ban will apply to me? What documents do u advise I take along as a foreigner here. Been DQ’ed already and waiting for interview date. Wishing everyone all the best in this journey 

Any news on the embassy opening in Lagos? Do you have an interview date yet? I thought I read that spouses would not have issues,but I don't know these days. Best of luck. My husband is Nigerian.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Patricia Owuh said:

No interview date yet. There has been problems with AOS fees being paid at NVC.  I called yesterday and they are working on it. System issues they said. We've been waiting on this for over 2 weeks and they said sometimes they get stuck. She emailed her supervisor and said they would create a ticket and it should be good to go in a couple of days. I pray she is right. Where is your husband? Hope the embassies open soon so when he gets his interview date there won't be a problem. 

I read in a thread here something about the fees getting stuck as well. You may want to search, because I recall there was another person handling the posting of fees you were suppose to ask for, like the receiving clerk or something like that. My husband will be going to the Embassy in Lagos when it's our time. I thought the embassies were opening effective tomorrow, June 4th, but on a graduated schedule.

Timeline
On 5/13/2020 at 3:07 PM, Urchmanbello said:

I can't thank God enough! Today, I received an email from NVC. Finally, I'm through with NVC stage today. Consular stage loading...! Thank u Lord

How long did it take to pay AOS fees? We have been waiting over 2 and a half weeks and it still says in process. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.