Koko bongo

Trump's Travel Ban Mega Thread

2,378 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Johnkenni said:

Yes. I was interviewed on the 17th of March and passport still with them.

It's well. Does your visa status still saying Refused? 

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
28 minutes ago, juliusbliss said:

It's well. Does your visa status still saying Refused? 

Just one in our company showing Refused, the rest showing Ready. The rest were also on Refused before they changed. What's the implication of that please?

Edited by damdam77

Timeline
46 minutes ago, damdam77 said:

Just one in our company showing Refused, the rest showing Ready. The rest were also on Refused before they changed. What's the implication of that please?

Nothing really.just an update change from administrative processing to now called refused. No worries just like you said the rest were prior on refused b4 change to Ready. I believe ours will change too from Refused - Ready -Issued when they open back up. 

Timeline
20 minutes ago, juliusbliss said:

Nothing really.just an update change from administrative processing to now called refused. No worries just like you said the rest were prior on refused b4 change to Ready. I believe ours will change too from Refused - Ready -Issued when they open back up. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/visas-ceac-case-status-change.html

Timeline
On 6/3/2020 at 2:29 PM, coforever said:

join if interested 

Hi, i am a US citizen currently stuck in Nigeria. I tried clicking on the link to the whatsapp group chat and received a message saying i can’t join because the group link has been reset. please advise/assist me as I’d really love to be on that list of potential evacuees. Thanks ❤️ 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

https://chat.whatsapp.com/JOpvNdWUKUOF210P3IaBJE

2 minutes ago, Lapis Lazuli said:

Hi, i am a US citizen currently stuck in Nigeria. I tried clicking on the link to the whatsapp group chat and received a message saying i can’t join because the group link has been reset. please advise/assist me as I’d really love to be on that list of potential evacuees. Thanks ❤️ 

10 hours ago, damdam77 said:

Same here. We were interviewed on 24th February and dropped off additional docs and passports on the 28th. Still waiting for approval/issuance too.

Same thing too, had interview on 6th February, everything went fine, but had to send in joint sponsor, after a week they requested for chats logs, which i submitted on march 6th, last update on case is on 30th April..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, Davie92 said:

Same thing too, had interview on 6th February, everything went fine, but had to send in joint sponsor, after a week they requested for chats logs, which i submitted on march 6th, last update on case is on 30th April..

Please let me ask you questions about that joint sponsor? Did you think someone that make like 27,000 or 28,000 a year need joint sponsorship?  How much did you make or why they ask you joint sponsor thanks? 

Edited by Kingseyima

51 minutes ago, Kingseyima said:

Please let me ask you questions about that joint sponsor? Did you think someone that make like 27,000 or 28,000 a year need joint sponsorship?  How much did you make or why they ask you joint sponsor thanks? 

I don't really understand how they check that joint sponsor.. My wife makes above the poverty guideline but i was still asked to get a joint sponsor. If you have assets, you can substitute it with the income.

Timeline
40 minutes ago, Davie92 said:

I don't really understand how they check that joint sponsor.. My wife makes above the poverty guideline but i was still asked to get a joint sponsor. If you have assets, you can substitute it with the income.

Sorry did your wife make up to 26 or 27,000? And still ask join sponsorship?

Timeline
11 hours ago, Lapis Lazuli said:

@Lapis LazuliYou should reach out to the US embassy to know when next an evacuation flight is coming. My fiancée was stucked here too when he came to visit me but he was able to get a flight 

Timeline
14 hours ago, Kingseyima said:

Hello

This is what happened to me. My petitioner prior job was making $32k which is above the poverty guideline required when we filed our case and we submitted the tax return to USCIS and was accepted when our case was transfered to NVC my petitioner got another job this time she's making way more than the average requirement for the poverty guide line but we haven't filed for the tax return yet cos is not yet time so we only had the appointment letter which we submitted to NVC alongside the Tax return submitted to USCIS. 

We were DQ for that I thought it was OK and I took everything just as submitted to my interview. My interview went great but the CO demanded for a joint sponsor that my petitioner doesn't meet the poverty guideline I showed him the appointment letter for the new job he didn't accept that. 

He needed a joint sponsor 

W2

(their 2019 tax return) Recent

We had to call on my petitioner parent to be our joint sponsor which they agreed. 

The joint sponsor will fill form I-864

The joint sponsor household member will fill form I-864a(consent form that he/she is aware and in support of the sponsoring) if only he/she(joint sponsor) is married  or they file their tax return together as partner or has asset. This two form go together in this case. 

I drop off the documents as requested in the DHL office for review and it was accepted. Now just waiting for my visa to be issued cos my passport is still with them. 

I hope this help. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.