Koko bongo

Trump's Travel Ban Mega Thread

2,378 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 minute ago, Beckybell said:

I read in a thread here something about the fees getting stuck as well. You may want to search, because I recall there was another person handling the posting of fees you were suppose to ask for, like the receiving clerk or something like that. My husband will be going to the Embassy in Lagos when it's our time. I thought the embassies were opening effective tomorrow, June 4th, but on a graduated schedule.

I called NVC yesterday and after a 50 minute wait I was able to talk with someone. She sent an email to her supervisor and said they would create a ticket and it should be unstuck. She said sometimes they get stuck depending on where the form was sent or where it was coming from. Something to that effect any way. I pray she is right about it being untuck in a couple of days. There was system issues with the payment process my lawyer said. My husband will also be going to the embassy in Lagos. Just hope it doesn't take forever to get an interview date. He still has to get his medical once he receives his interview appointment letter. 

Timeline
24 minutes ago, Patricia Owuh said:

I called NVC yesterday and after a 50 minute wait I was able to talk with someone. She sent an email to her supervisor and said they would create a ticket and it should be unstuck. She said sometimes they get stuck depending on where the form was sent or where it was coming from. Something to that effect any way. I pray she is right about it being untuck in a couple of days. There was system issues with the payment process my lawyer said. My husband will also be going to the embassy in Lagos. Just hope it doesn't take forever to get an interview date. He still has to get his medical once he receives his interview appointment letter. 

You must just be a few weeks ahead of us! It's exciting and stressful at every step. Best of luck and keep us posted. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 6/2/2020 at 1:47 PM, coforever said:

So we have been waiting for news on international flight resumption and some of us visas are almost expiring. After all the stress just to see ones visa expire to go through a renewal process again. So some Nigerians that are residents in the US contacted Ethiopian airlines who are willing to get Nigeria govt approval for a flight from Niger to the US but that the passengers must be over 150. So I joined the group with this link and in case anyone here is interested. You too can

https://chat.whatsapp.com/KWZMBuLEDeb8UHXKuQjqB8

join if interested 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
10 minutes ago, juliusbliss said:

Hello VJ Fam!

Is there anyone whose passport is with the embassy and just waiting for issuance of visa? 

Yes. When was your interview? 

Timeline
45 minutes ago, Beckybell said:

You must just be a few weeks ahead of us! It's exciting and stressful at every step. Best of luck and keep us posted. 

For sure. Best of luck to you!!

Timeline
5 hours ago, NatashaK1 said:

Yes. When was your interview? 

Feb 10th. Interview went well but the CO demanded for a document which I  submitted the 2days after and then got an email to drop off my passport which I did on 27th Feb. So ever since with all this drama my passport has been with them and the last update on my case is 22nd of April. 

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
15 hours ago, juliusbliss said:

Feb 10th. Interview went well but the CO demanded for a document which I  submitted the 2days after and then got an email to drop off my passport which I did on 27th Feb. So ever since with all this drama my passport has been with them and the last update on my case is 22nd of April. 

Same here. We were interviewed on 24th February and dropped off additional docs and passports on the 28th. Still waiting for approval/issuance too.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
16 hours ago, juliusbliss said:

it's really frustrating because if they don't open soon we may have to redo our medicals, pay a new visa fee and probably have to attend another interview. I just hope they have a new policy when they open that will exempt us from all that since it wasn't our fault. worst of all there's still no news on when they will open.

1 hour ago, damdam77 said:

Same here. We were interviewed on 24th February and dropped off additional docs and passports on the 28th. Still waiting for approval/issuance too.

Timeline
57 minutes ago, NatashaK1 said:

it's really frustrating because if they don't open soon we may have to redo our medicals, pay a new visa fee and probably have to attend another interview. I just hope they have a new policy when they open that will exempt us from all that since it wasn't our fault. worst of all there's still no news on when they will open.

Looks more like we will need to get medicals done again unless the policy is adjusted for this purpose. I don't see anyone repaying visa fees since visas have not yet been issued yet. Also interviews are one-off. 

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Johnkenni said:

Yes. I was interviewed on the 17th of March and passport still with them.

Let's just keep hoping and praying for the best. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, NatashaK1 said:

Trust me I've thought of that too. I pray it doesn't come to that. Cos no process is fun to go through the second time. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, damdam77 said:

Let's just keep hoping and praying for the best. 

Amen. Though some folks who majorly got interviewed in March said they got a waiver during the interview by so doing they got their visa issued. it's really frustrating and complicated one thing I believe it shall end in praise 4 us all. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.