Sarge2155

February 2020 AOS Filers

4,064 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, MIBogdan said:

So... I have just completed my biometric appointment, and would like to share experience. EB1C case, ASC Philadelphia. PD October 2019, filed late February just before "public charge". Myself, wife and daughter.

Within ASC, there are 20+ cubicles where they can do biometrics. Only 5 are converted to pandemic-safe operation (plexiglass barriers etc.). Out of those 5, only 3 were staffed. The whole thing takes about 10 minutes enter to exit. They did check the appointment date on the notice. There were about 8 families and individuals in there, with new people coming in as we were leaving.

Appointment was for AOS+EAD, code 3.

Interesting thing - my wife's EAD application status (for which I raised an SR a while ago, and it still says "no one looking at it yet") changed to "new card being produced" within 45 minutes of appointment completion. All our EADs and APs were approved in late May. 

Thank you for sharing! 

31 minutes ago, MIBogdan said:

Just AOS + EAD, but this is code 3. If you get code 2 then you're guaranteed to go in there again for code 3, and it may come in whatever order. If you get code 3 invite first, second one may not happen

This is a super useful information ! Thank you so much for sharing ! I got mine EAD +AOS for code 3, hopefully I just need to go in once. And hope you can get the card soon !! 

35 minutes ago, MIBogdan said:

Just AOS + EAD, but this is code 3. If you get code 2 then you're guaranteed to go in there again for code 3, and it may come in whatever order. If you get code 3 invite first, second one may not happen

where is this code ? on the appointment ??

duh

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, amyS said:

This is a super useful information ! Thank you so much for sharing ! I got mine EAD +AOS for code 3, hopefully I just need to go in once. And hope you can get the card soon !! 

If you had previous appointment notices pre-COVID, you can just bring those along with your new one. I received 2 biometrics appointments for AOS+EAD and AP respectively back in March and I’m planning to bring those with me if I only get 1 appointment for the rescheduled one.

3 minutes ago, MIBogdan said:

yes on the invite, on the right side of the header in my case

Thanks this seems to be the definition 

Code 1 is for fingerprinting of all 10 fingers. This is electronically sent to FBI the same day, they run it to match thru their database to match it with criminals/persons of interest and send the results the same day (or the next) to USCIS. Code 1 is very important as it is part of your security/background check and determines admissibility for GC. Code 1 expires after 15 months e.g. FBI needs to check their database again.

Code 2 (right index finger only+photo+sign) is for the generation of cards for immigration benefits e.g. EAD, GC etc. If you filed for EAD, you definitely need code 2 or the card can not be generated. Code 2 is done everytime we apply for a benefit.

Code 3 (fingerprinting all 10 fingers+photo+sign) is a combination of both, when USCIS wants to get a security check done on you as well as generate card.

duh

1 minute ago, mat2291 said:

If you had previous appointment notices pre-COVID, you can just bring those along with your new one. I received 2 biometrics appointments for AOS+EAD and AP respectively back in March and I’m planning to bring those with me if I only get 1 appointment for the rescheduled one.

oh yes ! I am in the same situation and I am planning to bring the pre-COVID notices, but I saw some posts said they won't scan the bar code on the expired notices, I am going to ask a Tire 2 officer today to see if I can bring the old notice with me on my appointment

1 hour ago, James120383 said:

Thanks this seems to be the definition 

Code 1 is for fingerprinting of all 10 fingers. This is electronically sent to FBI the same day, they run it to match thru their database to match it with criminals/persons of interest and send the results the same day (or the next) to USCIS. Code 1 is very important as it is part of your security/background check and determines admissibility for GC. Code 1 expires after 15 months e.g. FBI needs to check their database again.

Code 2 (right index finger only+photo+sign) is for the generation of cards for immigration benefits e.g. EAD, GC etc. If you filed for EAD, you definitely need code 2 or the card can not be generated. Code 2 is done everytime we apply for a benefit.

Code 3 (fingerprinting all 10 fingers+photo+sign) is a combination of both, when USCIS wants to get a security check done on you as well as generate card.

Really helpful. Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hopefully to offer some hope to others, wanted to share that I went online today and saw that our AP & EAD were both approved yesterday! We filed originally in late February, and never did get to do the biometrics as our bio appointment was right after the COVID shutdown. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Is anybody here that their EAD/AP hasn't been approved and they had an RFE? Or if there's anybody that hasn't had their EAD/AP approved yet? 

3 minutes ago, mvasantos said:

Is anybody here that their EAD/AP hasn't been approved and they had an RFE? Or if there's anybody that hasn't had their EAD/AP approved yet? 

My EAD/AP hasn't been approved yet. No RFE, no movement at all since receipt. PD 2/24 at NBC.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Jish&Abt said:

We got an RFE on june 5th for i485, and EAD/AP is still on case received. Filing date 2/24.

uscis.jpeg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, mvasantos said:

57 minutes ago, Jish&Abt said:

We got an RFE on june 5th for i485, and EAD/AP is still on case received. Filing date 2/24.

46 minutes ago, Jish&Abt said:

uscis.jpeg

regina george raise hand GIF

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, Jish&Abt said:

1 hour ago, Basil123 said:

My EAD/AP hasn't been approved yet. No RFE, no movement at all since receipt. PD 2/24 at NBC.

18 minutes ago, INNSU09 said:

regina george raise hand GIF

From all of you 3, do you think it's because no biometrics before? Or just delaying? I'm just speculating here because what else to do at these times right?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.