Sarge2155

February 2020 AOS Filers

4,064 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
5 minutes ago, James120383 said:

i spoke to the rep . Adding to the story list. if you have not received an appointment after 30 days of ASC reopening, you can call to schedule an appointment. 

Out of curiosity, have you contacted the ombudsman office yet?

58 minutes ago, James120383 said:

i spoke to the rep . Adding to the story list. if you have not received an appointment after 30 days of ASC reopening, you can call to schedule an appointment. 

This is the same thing I was told after speaking to a tier 2 last week. Seems to be the only option we have at the moment.

There's a class action lawsuit against USCIS currently undergoing, the hearing is tomorrow.

• 2020-02-14: Date Filed
  • 2020-02-19: NOA1
  • 2020-03-13: Biometrics appointment (Rescheduled due to conflict)
  • 2020-04-01: Biometrics appointment (Rescheduled due to COVID)
  • 2020-07-15: EAD approved (no biometrics taken)
  • 2020-08-10: Biometrics Appointment (Success)
  • 2020-08-20: EAD in hand
  • 2020-09-21: AOS Interview Scheduled
  • 2020-11-05: AOS Interview + Approval

1 hour ago, fromsweden said:

Out of curiosity, have you contacted the ombudsman office yet?

have tried it .that is bunch of do nothing office. they say its within uscis official processing time. Iam like yeah that is like 100 years. 

iam looking to go to the court and drag and waste american tax payer resources. this is the only way to handle it

Edited by James120383

duh

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Amaterasu said:

This is the same thing I was told after speaking to a tier 2 last week. Seems to be the only option we have at the moment.

There's a class action lawsuit against USCIS currently undergoing, the hearing is tomorrow.

@Amaterasu I think its awesome I'm glad some action is being taken to bring them on their toes! I would still be reluctant to sign for privacy reasons but I hope something changes and processing increases with the hearing and the delayed furloughs.

@PimT Congrats!! Did you receive a notice in the mail or did your status change online? Is the date this August or farther?

@sherif-fouad Congrats!! Thanks for letting us know. It seems to vary

Some people are getting it 3days-2weeks after the EAD, some before the EAD, and some are still waiting for it after receiving the EAD

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Amaterasu said:

@Amaterasu I think its awesome I'm glad some action is being taken to bring them on their toes! I would still be reluctant to sign for privacy reasons but I hope something changes and processing increases with the hearing and the delayed furloughs.

@PimT Congrats!! Did you receive a notice in the mail or did your status change online? Is the date this August or farther?

Some people are getting it 3days-2weeks after the EAD, some before the EAD, and some are still waiting for it after receiving the EAD

@mat2291 "...time I see an ignorant comment from someone on the interent to “come to my country the legal way,” I want to tell them that even the legal way isn’t any better. But that’s another debate for another day. " - I WHOLEHEARTEDLY AGREE!

Edited by Cyndy&Onyi

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
44 minutes ago, Amaterasu said:

I’m wondering now if this includes the list of people, including me that never even received a Biometrics appointment?

10 minutes ago, INNSU09 said:

I’m wondering now if this includes the list of people, including me that never even received a Biometrics appointment?

I think it's only for approval's currently. I noticed on my approval letter that my EAD is currently in effect and is only valid for a year after the approval date, that means there's a period of time where we're approved but unable to be employed which is ticking down on the clock. I know most of us are expecting to receive AOS before the EAD expires but who knows what could happen.

I'm wondering if at this point we're able to become self employed? Technically, one doesn't need to prove employment eligibility to oneself, but I guess opening up an LLC is going to be difficult to do so without an EAD. I've had trouble opening up a bank account online without the card also.

• 2020-02-14: Date Filed
  • 2020-02-19: NOA1
  • 2020-03-13: Biometrics appointment (Rescheduled due to conflict)
  • 2020-04-01: Biometrics appointment (Rescheduled due to COVID)
  • 2020-07-15: EAD approved (no biometrics taken)
  • 2020-08-10: Biometrics Appointment (Success)
  • 2020-08-20: EAD in hand
  • 2020-09-21: AOS Interview Scheduled
  • 2020-11-05: AOS Interview + Approval

11 hours ago, Cyndy&Onyi said:

@mat2291 "...time I see an ignorant comment from someone on the interent to “come to my country the legal way,” I want to tell them that even the legal way isn’t any better. But that’s another debate for another day. " - I WHOLEHEARTEDLY AGREE!

The status changed online last week and we received the mail yesterday. It's this August 2020 (next month!)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.