32 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, Naes said:

Writing the above reply reminded me that you can check if your check or credit card already cleared. (Although I should say mine actually cleared 2 days after I got my texts.)

however it does sometimes take longer after and around holidays because of the number of potential documents increase (as usps delivers all at once after holidays) 

I see.. I appreciate your response!! I will give it til the end of the month see what happens 😉

1 hour ago, Naes said:

That is not a review, it is one person checking if all clears overall documents and check. If check clears you get your texts and then noa1. If not you get your forms back. But again that is not a review and definitely does not call for a secondary review. It is also obvious from the messages I replied that most people here talking about noa2 but the op is asking about noa1.

That is not correct. Any document that fails to pass the 1st round by the mail room contractors has to be reviewed by a USCIS employee.  This applies to NOA1

duh

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

We were in the same boat. the only indication they got our packet was that they cashed their check today. You could definitely e-mail them at lockboxsupport@uscis.dhs.gov . We did.

Give them:

1. your name
  2. your birth date
  3. Your address
  4. the forms you filed

At first they'll respond with an automated message saying that someone you'll be contacted within 30 days. It will take them sometime but they'll eventually get in touch with you. Hope this helps and good luck with your visa journey.

Timeline
26 minutes ago, qrk said:

We were in the same boat. the only indication they got our packet was that they cashed their check today. You could definitely e-mail them at lockboxsupport@uscis.dhs.gov . We did.

Give them:

1. your name
  2. your birth date
  3. Your address
  4. the forms you filed

At first they'll respond with an automated message saying that someone you'll be contacted within 30 days. It will take them sometime but they'll eventually get in touch with you. Hope this helps and good luck with your visa journey.

Hi!!

I sent them an email the other day , and I got the response saying they will get back to me in 30days. Did you they cash out your check today? And you also filed your AOS December 23rd right?

sorry about all the questions! And again thank you

41 minutes ago, Kay Andes said:

Hi!!

I sent them an email the other day , and I got the response saying they will get back to me in 30days. Did you they cash out your check today? And you also filed your AOS December 23rd right?

same story here. email them twice but no response. lockbox is a deadend. they dont seem to respond.

duh

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
2 hours ago, Donald120383 said:

That is not correct. Any document that fails to pass the 1st round by the mail room contractors has to be reviewed by a USCIS employee.  This applies to NOA1

Ok sure whatever if you count that as a “review” 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

4 hours ago, Kay Andes said:

I will give it another week see what happens!! I checked the Dec 2019 thread... it was very helpful , thank you.

Hey! On another note, I also filed for AOS earlier this month and am from Seattle, WA.

I am glad to find someone else in it for the long ridiculous wait at our field office :(

Edited by Bars&Saqi

Immigration Timeline:

K1 Filed: May 15th, 2019

K1 NOA1 Received: May 20th, 2019

K1 NOA2 Received: August 23rd, 2019

NVC Received: September 12th, 2019

Embassy Received: September 19th, 2019

K1 Interview in Bangladesh Embassy: October 28th: APPROVED!!

Visa On Hand: November 14th, 2019

POE Seattle, WA: November 23rd, 2019

MARRIED! (L) December 7th, 2019

Applied for SSN: December 17th, 2019

AOS Sent: January 11th, 2020

AOS Delivered: January 14th, 2020

SSN Manual Verification Complete: January 17th, 2020

Text Notifications of AOS Received: January 20th, 2020

SSN Received: January 22nd, 2020

AOS NOA1 Hardcopies: January 24th, 2020

Biometrics Notice: January 25th, 2020

Biometrics Appointment: February 4th, 2020

Case is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview: March 11th, 2020

EAD Expedite Request: May 26th, 2020

EAD Expedite Documents Submission: June 1st, 2020

EAD Expedite Denied: June 2nd, 2020

EAD and AP Approved Normally 🥳 🎉: June 10th, 2020

EAD and AP Received: June 22nd, 2020

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Bars&Saqi said:

Hey! On another note, I also filed for AOS earlier this month and am from Seattle, WA.

I am glad to find someone else in it for the long ridiculous wait at our field office :(

Hi!!  Did you get any notice that USCIS already received the packet? I am just being impatient. They did not cash the check yet.. so I mean... “#######?!” Lol

13 minutes ago, Kay Andes said:

Hi!!  Did you get any notice that USCIS already received the packet? I am just being impatient. They did not cash the check yet.. so I mean... “#######?!” Lol

Hey! Yes I did. You can see my timeline in my signature.

I sent it Jan. 14th, got the texts on the 20th and received hard copies today.

Funnily enough they cashed our checks after the text notifications, on Wednesday the 22nd.

But to be honest we were expecting a month-long wait because that has been the average up until it became really quick all of a sudden for most January filers.

Edited by Bars&Saqi

Immigration Timeline:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
1 hour ago, Kay Andes said:

Hi!!

They got my packet Jan 2 and they cashed the check today. Still waiting on the NOA

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Bars&Saqi said:

Hey! Yes I did. You can see my timeline in my signature.

I sent it Jan. 14th, got the texts on the 20th and received hard copies today.

Funnily enough they cashed our checks after the text notifications, on Wednesday the 22nd.

But to be honest we were expecting a month-long wait because that has been the average up until it became really quick all of a sudden for most January filers.

I’m happy for you!!! I still don’t have any update with my papers.. I don’t know what to do at this point.

Timeline
17 minutes ago, qrk said:

They got my packet Jan 2 and they cashed the check today. Still waiting on the NOA

Yeah I submitted mine December 23.. glad they cashed your check today. I really have no clue what to do at this point 😞

5 minutes ago, Kay Andes said:

Yeah I submitted mine December 23.. glad they cashed your check today. I really have no clue what to do at this point 😞

I know it seems long but it has been 4 weeks, which was the average up until it wierdly got really fast earlier this month.

I don't think anythign is wrong, it is just scary because you can't see any more updates since filing it so understandably you are worried.

Give it a few more days, then likely you will be within the 30 day window to make an inquiry (on the check your case status tool on USCIS, it says o contact them if you haven't received NOA within a certain date).

Immigration Timeline:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.