32 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys!!! I came in the country on a k-1 visa and now I’m happily married. I submitted my adjustment of status packet last December 20, 2019 and USPS confirmed that it was delivered to the Chicago lockbox on December 23 @ 5:37 pm. Until now I have not gotten any sms or email from uscis saying they have my papers. Just worried about it.. Does anybody have the same experience? What should I do next? Thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Took almost 3 weeks for my NOA back in July.  Knew they had received it and was worried when I didn’t hear anything.  But once I got NOA everything moved fairly quickly with Detroit field office. Had green card in hand by Nov 29th.   So basically 5 months from filing AOS paperwork.   

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Lori Johnson said:

Took almost 3 weeks for my NOA back in July.  Knew they had received it and was worried when I didn’t hear anything.  But once I got NOA everything moved fairly quickly with Detroit field office. Had green card in hand by Nov 29th.   So basically 5 months from filing AOS paperwork.   

I guess I’m just really anxious about the whole process.. I’m always thinking that the delay has something to do with the holidays.. Did you mail yours through USPS? Thank you

27 minutes ago, Kay Andes said:

Hi guys!!! I came in the country on a k-1 visa and now I’m happily married. I submitted my adjustment of status packet last December 20, 2019 and USPS confirmed that it was delivered to the Chicago lockbox on December 23 @ 5:37 pm. Until now I have not gotten any sms or email from uscis saying they have my papers. Just worried about it.. Does anybody have the same experience? What should I do next? Thank you

Not unusual. most likely it has gone for secondary review before any decision is made.

duh

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Paul & Mary said:

Has your payment cleared?

2 minutes ago, Donald120383 said:

Not unusual. most likely it has gone for secondary review before any decision is made.

I see.. that’s a relief. I should probably just wait.. ughh!! I overthink things.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Kay Andes said:

I guess I’m just really anxious about the whole process.. I’m always thinking that the delay has something to do with the holidays.. Did you mail yours through USPS? Thank you

I used Fedex and sent it to the street address on the USCIS website.  There is no rhyme or reason why some things happen quickly or take forever.    And it’s a waste of time and energy to call unless 30 days has passed - learned that during K1 process.    And we never got a text - only notice was NOA in mail.   Online case status was never current - always a lag of a few days to over a week with every step.  Hope you get something soon!

7 minutes ago, Kay Andes said:

I see.. that’s a relief. I should probably just wait.. ughh!! I overthink things.. 

from what i hear is that if initial review of application wasnt clean it has to go through a secondary review and that takes time. Either ways i think you should hear soon

duh

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Lori Johnson said:

I used Fedex and sent it to the street address on the USCIS website.  There is no rhyme or reason why some things happen quickly or take forever.    And it’s a waste of time and energy to call unless 30 days has passed - learned that during K1 process.    And we never got a text - only notice was NOA in mail.   Online case status was never current - always a lag of a few days to over a week with every step.  Hope you get something soon!

We did not have any issue with K1. We got sms and email etc. But this AOS process is making me nervous..Did they misplace the papers etc etc.. But anyway, I thank you for the responses . I also hope to get something in the mail soon 😊

8 minutes ago, Donald120383 said:

from what i hear is that if initial review of application wasnt clean it has to go through a secondary review and that takes time. Either ways i think you should hear soon

I see.. Did you do the same thing- AOS through K1? Many thanxxx

41 minutes ago, Kay Andes said:

We did not have any issue with K1. We got sms and email etc. But this AOS process is making me nervous..Did they misplace the papers etc etc.. But anyway, I thank you for the responses . I also hope to get something in the mail soon 😊

I see.. Did you do the same thing- AOS through K1? Many thanxxx

Nope not K1. i posted a topic about the AOS process when your application reaches USCIS. Take a look 

Edited by Donald120383

duh

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Donald120383 said:

1 hour ago, Donald120383 said:

This is for NOA1 there is nothing to review.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Kay Andes said:

Do you follow December 2019 / January 2020 thread for AOS filers? You may see other people in your position who is still waiting or if they already got it with the same dates as you, you can know how to proceed

Edited by Naes
Adding URL

7 minutes ago, Naes said:

not sure about this. They must review your application to some extent as people get their applications refused prior to any NOA1 being issued due to not filling in forms correctly or correct payments etc. A NOA1 likely isnt issued until there is at least a brief check over your application to make sure its all in order.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Naes said:

I will give it another week see what happens!! I checked the Dec 2019 thread... it was very helpful , thank you.

Timeline
1 hour ago, skjourney said:

not sure about this. They must review your application to some extent as people get their applications refused prior to any NOA1 being issued due to not filling in forms correctly or correct payments etc. A NOA1 likely isnt issued until there is at least a brief check over your application to make sure its all in order.

That is not a review, it is one person checking if all clears overall documents and check. If check clears you get your texts and then noa1. If not you get your forms back. But again that is not a review and definitely does not call for a secondary review. It is also obvious from the messages I replied that most people here talking about noa2 but the op is asking about noa1.

Timeline
34 minutes ago, Kay Andes said:

I will give it another week see what happens!! I checked the Dec 2019 thread... it was very helpful , thank you.

Writing the above reply reminded me that you can check if your check or credit card already cleared. (Although I should say mine actually cleared 2 days after I got my texts.)

however it does sometimes take longer after and around holidays because of the number of potential documents increase (as usps delivers all at once after holidays) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.