The Beauty Thread

869 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, TBoneTX said:

Noxzema (various varieties)

Nivea Shave Cream (not Gel)

Foamy (Gillette, but among the best)

Barbasol*  (very good, but gets soupy toward bottom of can)

*often available at dollar stores

You never struck me as the metrosexual type.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I have extremely oily skin. I enjoy First Aid Beauty (FAB) for their skin care products. Lush also has nice face masks and items to wash your face with, but their moisturizers cause me to break out like there's no tomorrow. I enjoy cetaphil as well but it smells like old lady. I also made a chemical cocktail in the lab that helps me a lot with breakouts.

Edited by ledingham
Adding on to original statement.

Still we rise, here and now

1 hour ago, ledingham said:

I have extremely oily skin. I enjoy First Aid Beauty (FAB) for their skin care products. Lush also has nice face masks and items to wash your face with, but their moisturizers cause me to break out like there's no tomorrow. I enjoy cetaphil as well but it smells like old lady. I also made a chemical cocktail in the lab that helps me a lot with breakouts.

Please to tell me about this chemical cocktail, fellow extremely oily lady who gets breakouts. 

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

8 hours ago, Boiler said:

Nivea Gel is what I am about to run out of, forget where I got it, probably on offer. Not that bad.

Target has "harry" seems to work fine for hubs.  Also you could try dollar shave club.  I like their razors and their shave balm seemed to work better on hubs head than a shave cream.  I've never shaved his face tho. 

6 hours ago, ledingham said:

what is tough is having dry skin prone to break outs.  

Have you tried tea tree oil?

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I have some Dollar Shave Club stuff, I had their blades on regular delivery by the time I stopped it have enough for a few years, tried their lotions but not that keen, still have some just in case I run out of other stuff.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

On 2/3/2020 at 7:38 PM, Boiler said:

Well I need to buy Shaving Cream, nearly out, any recommendations?

Husband goes with shaving soap - a few years ago, I got him a nice safety razor and shaving brush. His skin looks great since he's been using new blade every time he shaves.  Razor and brush were a little investment, but blades are really cheap and soap last forever.

Aftershave, he goes with Sooth and Smooth

Timeline

Wow once a shave, not sure how good that is for the Planet.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

53 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Wow once a shave, not sure how good that is for the Planet.

Actually twice, once each side.

No plastic and very minimal packaging though :unsure:

Edited by Lemonslice

Timeline

1742.jpg?width=620&quality=85&auto=forma

Causing some discussion currently, appropriate or not?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
16 hours ago, elmcitymaven said:

Please to tell me about this chemical cocktail, fellow extremely oily lady who gets breakouts. 

2% salicylic acid prepared in 70%etOH. but 70% etOH on its own is good because it dries out the skin.

11 hours ago, NikLR said:

Have you tried tea tree oil?

I have a tea tree oil face wash I just haven't had time to use it because I have so many other products that I am using at the moment. I want to finish them before I open something new but maybe I should just go ahead and use it.

Still we rise, here and now

9 hours ago, Boiler said:

1742.jpg?width=620&quality=85&auto=forma

Causing some discussion currently, appropriate or not?

For work? probably not. But it looks nice.  But people wear all sorts of things to work that I'm like 🤨

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

Perhaps the Green Benches did not make it clear enough, Parliament.

Tsk, this is the beauty thread, Boiler, not the fashion thread.:P

Some of it depends on the fabric of that dress. If it were twill or fine wool, maybe. Chiffon or satin or organza, definitely no -- that's a cocktail dress. I wouldn't wear something like that to work if I was an MP. If I worked in an art gallery or a smart little art and architecture bookshop, sure. But only if the fabric were right.

Timeline

Do we have a fashion thread?