Nikki06

2020/ 21- US Passport & Card Application-Tracker

2,779 posts in this topic

On 9/13/2022 at 7:04 AM, oakland71 said:

Me and my spouse applied for passports ~8 weeks ago at different post offices (Expedited & non-expedited). Both of us have received our passports and passport cards but not our naturalization certificates yet.

Can someone comment whether this is common now?

At 8 weeks i would start calling them at the very least. I wouldnt start worrying but deff give them a call for any information they could provide you. 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Here is my timeline:

Locator 35 - Routine Service

08/01: Applied at a local USPS (Chicago)

08/08: Received application "In Process"
08/09 - Check cashed

09/23: Approved
09/23: Shipped (from Tucson, AZ)

09/24: Passport book received (New Gen Passport)

Waiting on the certified copy of my naturalization certificate.

Applied expedited + 1-2 day delivery. Locator 69.

Sept 9 - Applied at USPS

Sept 13 - In processing

Sept 28 - Approved

Sept 30 - Received! 

I'm amazed how easy and fast it was to get a passport. Exactly 3 weeks from application to delivery.

August 2017 - June 2018 AoS

April 2020 - January 2021 RoC

Jan 2022 - September 2022 Citizenship

• 1 month later...
On 6/23/2022 at 12:23 PM, DebbieRaney said:

Hi!

I just found this forum. Let me share my timeline:

06/10 - applied at USPS (not expedited)

06/12 - delivered in Dallas

06/14 - check cashed

Locator 54.

Do y'all think it'll arrive before the end of August? I have a trip planned and I was hoping it'd arrive in time without needing to be expedited. TIA

Hi, 

How long did it take to get your naturalization certificate back?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
47 minutes ago, LM&SM said:

Hi, 

How long did it take to get your naturalization certificate back?

Less than a month

AOS JOURNEY

AOS package sent: 01/22/18 

NOA1 dated: 01/26/18

NOA1 text/emails: 01/29/18

NOA1 Hardcopies: 02/02/18

Biometrics: 02/23/18

Interview scheduled for: 05/08/18

Green Card Approved & Card in Production: 05/08/18

Card was Mailed to me: 05/11/18

Card Received: 05/15/18                                                        

ROC JOURNEY

ROC package sent: 02/08/20

ROC received in AZ: 02/10/20

Check cashed + Text message with case #: 02/14/20

NOA1 dated: 02/13/20

Biometrics: 05/07/20 (text + email stating bio was taken)

"Card in Production": 07/07/20

"Case was approved": 07/08/20

Approval notice received: 07/11/20

"Card was mailed to me": 07/28/20

• 1 month later...

I submitted an application for a passport, expedited service on 11/18/2022 and status shows in process since 11/22/2022

it’s still showing in process.

should i worry ? 
Locator 69

Edited by Hamada91

On 10/2/2022 at 8:56 PM, Hamilton said:

Applied expedited + 1-2 day delivery. Locator 69.

Sept 9 - Applied at USPS

Sept 13 - In processing

Sept 28 - Approved

Sept 30 - Received! 

I'm amazed how easy and fast it was to get a passport. Exactly 3 weeks from application to delivery.

I submitted an application for a passport, expedited service on 11/18/2022 and status shows in process since 11/22/2022

should i worry ? 
Locator 69

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Hamada91 said:

I submitted an application for a passport, expedited service on 11/18/2022 and status shows in process since 11/22/2022

should i worry ? 
Locator 69

No.  I recently did a renewal online (expedited), and it took 3 weeks +.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

4 hours ago, Crazy Cat said:

No.  I recently did a renewal online (expedited), and it took 3 weeks +.

Understood, but the guy that I quoted his reply, i just counted the days that they took to approve his passport they were 11 business days, mine are are 13 days as of this comment. And we have the same locator 69. Or maybe this isn’t how it works?  

4 hours ago, Hamada91 said:

Understood, but the guy that I quoted his reply, i just counted the days that they took to approve his passport they were 11 business days, mine are are 13 days as of this comment. And we have the same locator 69. Or maybe this isn’t how it works?  

No cause to worry. Nobody is going to have an identical timeline. Maybe they're a bit busier right now, more applications in advance of holiday travel. 

9 hours ago, Hamilton said:

No cause to worry. Nobody is going to have an identical timeline. Maybe they're a bit busier right now, more applications in advance of holiday travel. 

Makes sense thanks.

did you give them a copy of your naturalization certificate along with the original one? 

59 minutes ago, Hamada91 said:

Makes sense thanks.

did you give them a copy of your naturalization certificate along with the original one? 

Yes, it's required.

On 12/9/2022 at 1:03 PM, Hamilton said:

Yes, it's required.

Right.

I just saw the informed delivery email saying “arriving soon from passport center” 

it could be it but it’s weird though because the status still shows in Process and never changed!!

• 3 weeks later...

Locator 69 - Routine Service

11/29: Applied at Burbank, CA City Hall

12/6: Check cashed

12/26: After weeks of "Not Found" every time I log in, finally "In Process" and showing a date of 12/6 that application was received

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.