Since2012

January 2020 Filer for Parents I-130.

557 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, Chancy said:

I-864A is NOT the form for a joint sponsor.  It is for Household Member of a sponsor.  Anyway, I do not recommend uploading additional documents to CEAC if the case is already DQ.  Just bring them to the interview.  If the consul officer asks for the I-864A, they will specify if they want a scanned copy uploaded to CEAC or if they're fine with just the signed paper form.  Different consulates have different procedures regarding additional documents.

You are right. I uploaded the wrong form then. Is there a way to delete from ceac and I am going to have my husband do i864a for my mom. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belize
Timeline
2 hours ago, Sfb86 said:

You are right. I uploaded the wrong form then. Is there a way to delete from ceac and I am going to have my husband do i864a for my mom. 

Helllo,

Since you already have an interview schedule, take the form I864A original copy to the interview. Embassies DO NOT accept photo copies. Also add your tax returns/transcripts as well as your W2. Dont worry about deleting from CEAC. They will not cancel your nterview. Good Luck. 

(L) (L) (F) (F) Some peoples journey to love is harder than others, but when they reach their destination its definitely, definitely worth preserving. (F) (F) (L) (L)

event.png

blk-event.png

On 6/16/2021 at 5:19 PM, Ewan said:

Sorry - I've got that wrong. I have checked back through my emails. I've been using an immigration lawyer and they advised me to get a new police certificate. They said the previous one had expired because it was issued in January 2020. So they must have been working to the one-year deadline.

I've tried to add a note to that effect to my previous comment but there seems to be a time limit for making edits to a comment. Apologies if I have caused any confusion.

Ok so after Ewan's interview apparently all but the London embassy are extending the police certs to 2 years.... My parent's certs hit 1 year on June 30th and they have their interview on July 14th.... So we have done the 4 day advanced processing to get new police certs and take to the interview....

Ewan said he took his new cert to the interview (on file they had the old one), and his case was "refused pending updating that document" - which his lawyer promptly did the next day and he was approved - which is great. My question is, once we receive the new police cert, should we submit it in the consular portal as an "additional document" so that it is there, or should we just wait to do it after interview? My parents also have new passports for the interview so the ones online are expiring....

There's not an obvious place to upload "replacement" documents but i don't want to mess up "documentarily qualified" by uploading new stuff?

Update: Almost 2 weeks since my parents interview and since I uploaded the I-864A form (as requested by embassy officer), they finally got the email requesting they courier their passports in for visa processing which they did today. With Covid restrictions the courier service told them it typically takes 2-4wks for return of passports but I suspect it will be 1-2wks from what I've read elsewhere. Big thanks to everyone here for their support and information - it's been super helpful during the application process. Glad it is finally at an end for us. Best of luck to those still waiting for the interview.

2 hours ago, uncleleo said:

Update: Almost 2 weeks since my parents interview and since I uploaded the I-864A form (as requested by embassy officer), they finally got the email requesting they courier their passports in for visa processing which they did today. With Covid restrictions the courier service told them it typically takes 2-4wks for return of passports but I suspect it will be 1-2wks from what I've read elsewhere. Big thanks to everyone here for their support and information - it's been super helpful during the application process. Glad it is finally at an end for us. Best of luck to those still waiting for the interview.

Hi what country is your parents at?

On 7/5/2021 at 7:23 PM, Radioherd said:

Ok so after Ewan's interview apparently all but the London embassy are extending the police certs to 2 years.... My parent's certs hit 1 year on June 30th and they have their interview on July 14th.... So we have done the 4 day advanced processing to get new police certs and take to the interview....

Ewan said he took his new cert to the interview (on file they had the old one), and his case was "refused pending updating that document" - which his lawyer promptly did the next day and he was approved - which is great. My question is, once we receive the new police cert, should we submit it in the consular portal as an "additional document" so that it is there, or should we just wait to do it after interview? My parents also have new passports for the interview so the ones online are expiring....

There's not an obvious place to upload "replacement" documents but i don't want to mess up "documentarily qualified" by uploading new stuff?

Ok so my parents had their IR5 interviews at the London Embassy today and both were approved on the spot! Just waiting for the courier text notification returning the passports.

For reference they were DQ'd November 2020, but we did put in an expedite request which seemed to have an impact.

Does anyone that has already made the journey know how long it takes to receive a social security number? E.g. is it x number of weeks from visa approval, or x numbers of weeks after entering the USA? We can't get healthcare until they have a social, so curious what others are doing to bridge that gap?

Thankful to everyone for the advice in this forum - and if you have an updated document (such as passport or police cert), uploading them to the CEAC site as "additional documents" ahead of the interview was successful for us.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi my Father was DQ’d May, but for my Mom they asked to resubmit 1-864 because I did not notice that I was missing the last page. She was DQ’d only this month. I hope they would still get same interview dates. They are in the Philippines right now. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
28 minutes ago, mary_ann said:

Hi my Father was DQ’d May, but for my Mom they asked to resubmit 1-864 because I did not notice that I was missing the last page. She was DQ’d only this month. I hope they would still get same interview dates. They are in the Philippines right now. 

I just filled the I-130 form for my dad online and they didn’t request for form I-864 or anything in addition. Perhaps maybe I really do not know what I was doing or could be that the mandate to end “affidavit of support” has been effected. Well, if anyone has any comment  or 2 about this topic don’t hesitate chip in. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Moses E said:

I just filled the I-130 form for my dad online and they didn’t request for form I-864 or anything in addition. Perhaps maybe I really do not know what I was doing or could be that the mandate to end “affidavit of support” has been effected. Well, if anyone has any comment  or 2 about this topic don’t hesitate chip in. 

Hello, you are fine, you will need to submit the 1-864 when you get to NVC stage, there are links in this website you can read for you to know the process of applying visa for your family

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, mary_ann said:

Hello, you are fine, you will need to submit the 1-864 when you get to NVC stage, there are links in this website you can read for you to know the process of applying visa for your family

Thanks 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I just got an update for my mom's documents today. I thought everything is good but some documents got rejected.  First for the I-186a it says I haven't entered my name and signed by.  I couldn't see this box anywhere.  My husband is the co sponsor.  Am I the preparer maybe? Is that where I need to enter my name and sign?  

Second, my mom's police cert got rejected.  It says "please replace this with an acceptable police certificate".  I submitted the certificate and that's the real one with police clearance card with picture and it was a new.   I need help from the Philippines petitioner, is there any kind of police certificate?

TIA

On 8/7/2021 at 5:03 AM, anne_limited said:

First for the I-186a it says I haven't entered my name and signed by.  I couldn't see this box anywhere.  My husband is the co sponsor.  Am I the preparer maybe?

I assume you petitioned for your mom.  In that case, you are the sponsor and your husband is your household member, not the co-sponsor.  The I-864A form must be signed by both the sponsor (on page 4) and the sponsor's household member (on page 5).

On 8/7/2021 at 5:03 AM, anne_limited said:

Second, my mom's police cert got rejected.  It says "please replace this with an acceptable police certificate". 

Did you submit your mom's recent NBI clearance?  That's the only acceptable police certificate from the Philippines.

Edited by Chancy
added NBI clearance

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.