666 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
4 hours ago, Chicken7585 said:

This is the latest (but technically expired edition) : https://www.uscis.gov/system/files_force/files/form/i-751.pdf

Was this the version you used? Edition should say 12/09/19 at the bottom.

image.thumb.png.af7ad43b9961fdbbe9e404e3746b34fb.png

yes this is the latest edition they have, which i did use, I didn't send my package yet, but if you read in this thread you will find some people have sent the latest edition yet their package got returned back for the wrong edition, however someone informed USCIS and they acknowledged that there were some mistakes from their side.

Hi guys. 

ROC pack mailed to Dallas lockbox on March 28th and picked up on the 31st.

Included G1145 in the pack, but haven't received any text or email notification. Just saw USCIS charged my credit card on April 6th, but it's weird that the transaction description shows USCIS (PHOENIX LOCKBOX). Is it supposed to be Dallas Lockbox? I live in PA,  pretty sure I mailed the package to the correct address. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, manoni said:

yes this is the latest edition they have, which i did use, I didn't send my package yet, but if you read in this thread you will find some people have sent the latest edition yet their package got returned back for the wrong edition, however someone informed USCIS and they acknowledged that there were some mistakes from their side.

That's why I printed and put this in my package right after the form!

2020-04-07_171437.jpg

Removal of Conditions Timeline

03/31/20    - Sent ROC package to Dallas, TX by USPS. 

04/02/20    - Delivered to Dallas, TX by USPS.  

04/08/20    - Received text message from USCIS stating original receipt to follow in mail and a receipt number starting with SRC

04/09/20    - Check for $680 cashed for USCIS Dallas

04/13/20    - Received I-797 NOA for I751 ROC which extends expired Green Card by 18 months

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I sent our ROC package to Phoenix, AZ on 3/25, they received it on 3/27, and we received an approval letter on 4/6/2020 with an 18 month extension as expected.

I included a print out of their site with the expired form notice in the package, and referenced it in the cover letter.

Edited by iksrazal

Timeline

hello All,

would like to know if we need to submit W2 or only the tax return transcript from The IRS?

and just to make sure no photos required, right? it is only if you reside outside the USA

TIA 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
3 hours ago, manoni said:

hello All,

would like to know if we need to submit W2 or only the tax return transcript from The IRS?

and just to make sure no photos required, right? it is only if you reside outside the USA

TIA 

Hi. I may be wrong but as far as I know joint tax returns should be more than enough. If you want, you can submit your w2 to show you shared the same address. In regards to passport photos(if that’s what you’re referring to); they are only required if you reside overseas.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline
18 hours ago, manoni said:

hello All,

TIA 

If you are sending information about tax returns,  you want to send the IRS Transcripts that you can get from irs.gov

You can submit the W-2 I suppose as evidence of a shared address, but just receiving a W-2 doesn't mean you actually paid your taxes which is what the IRS transcript shows.

When you say photos, I assume you are asking about the passport photos? Yes, that's only if you live outside the US.

Removal of Conditions Timeline

03/31/20    - Sent ROC package to Dallas, TX by USPS. 

04/02/20    - Delivered to Dallas, TX by USPS.  

04/08/20    - Received text message from USCIS stating original receipt to follow in mail and a receipt number starting with SRC

04/09/20    - Check for $680 cashed for USCIS Dallas

04/13/20    - Received I-797 NOA for I751 ROC which extends expired Green Card by 18 months

Timeline
16 hours ago, leymanai said:

Hi. I may be wrong but as far as I know joint tax returns should be more than enough. If you want, you can submit your w2 to show you shared the same address. In regards to passport photos(if that’s what you’re referring to); they are only required if you reside overseas.

thank you

2 hours ago, Chicken7585 said:

If you are sending information about tax returns,  you want to send the IRS Transcripts that you can get from irs.gov

You can submit the W-2 I suppose as evidence of a shared address, but just receiving a W-2 doesn't mean you actually paid your taxes which is what the IRS transcript shows.

When you say photos, I assume you are asking about the passport photos? Yes, that's only if you live outside the US.

thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
On 3/25/2020 at 9:12 AM, Saphire80 said:

I honestly think you will be fine, especially as someone wrote above that a USCIS representative they spoke with is aware of the issue, and you included a note regarding the form in the packet. I totally understand the anxiety though - right now is an anxious time for us all anyway, but with this on top it can just feel terrible! Sending you my well wishes :)

Mine was sent back for the 2nd time!!! Same reason to use the updated form that doesnt exist!!! I already spoke to an agent once, told me to include a letter saying that this is the latest form on the website and include photos from the website to explain. Same thing my package got back for the 2nd time. Ridiculous. I am calling them again tomorrow, but honestly I am so over it!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
On 3/24/2020 at 12:12 PM, Chicken7585 said:

Super - I am so glad it worked out! I was worried for you!

Just an update. My package was returned for the 2nd time due to the forms issue. Even though I spoke to an agent and did what he said writing a cover letter and including screenshots, no luck! This is just frustrating and ridiculous. I am gonna call again tomorrow and see what happens.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Stark44 said:

Did you send your removal of conditions package to the AZ or TX address? I wonder if one of these offices is having more rejections of the form date than the other location even though it is the most up to date i751 version.

I would assume that it was sent to TX address as they reside in florida,  the only address that they can send to is TX...correct if I am wrong please?

Per the IRS website it looks like they stopped processing tax transcript requests via mail and these can only be obtained by using their website online.

Has anyone else received rejection recently due to the form date that has also included the page/screenshot from the USCIS site that shows the 2019 form is the most current version?

Edited by Stark44
Edit

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.