Michella&Lucio

Brazilians Fiancees !

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Brazilians I have a group on Whatsapp with fiancees at the same K-1 Visa process,to talk about our process,doubts and make new friends if you want to enjoy our group send me our Whatsapp number by private message and I will add you 😚 ☺️.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

What use will it be to others if its a closed WhatsApp group the rest of us will never be able to access that wealth of information... It totally defeats the reason vj was created in the first place

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

Timeline
1 minute ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

What use will it be to others if its a closed WhatsApp group the rest of us will never be able to access that wealth of information... It totally defeats the reason vj was created in the first place

Well VJ help us with all the doubts in the visas process, I just want to make new friends and come closer with others Brazilians, whats the problem to have a group to be more closer of other peoples and speaks in or mother language? I didn't see it as a bad thing.

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Michella&Lucio said:

Well VJ help us with all the doubts in the visas process, I just want to make new friends and come closer with others Brazilians, whats the problem to have a group to be more closer of other peoples and speaks in or mother language? I didn't see it as a bad thing.

I mean no offence , its just food for thought....Vj is one big whatsapp group already where everyone can benefit from information from all over the word by just a couple of clicks.

Edited by Sparkle Sparkle

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

I mean no offence , its just food for thought....Vj is one big whatsapp group already where everyone can benefit from information from all over the word by just a couple of clicks.

In addition , the Germans are next door.....and they communicate in German no one is stopping you from communicating  in Spanish. 

Edited by Sparkle Sparkle

Timeline
1 hour ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

In addition , the Germans are next door.....and they communicate in German no one is stopping you from communicating  in Spanish. 

@Sparkle Sparkle

I guess you should know a couple things:

- Once you get your NOA2, you need to check your country’s specific topic, because every embassy has different procedures for interview and medical exams. So any information from someone that’s from a different country isn’t really useful to you.

- We don’t speak Spanish in Brazil. We speak Portuguese.

- Everyone still reaches for the experts here for official information. The private groups are more for sharing personal experiences related to our specific country. 

- I am a September filer and we have our messenger group from people all over the world. Everyone agrees that it was really good to bond with people who have the same visa timeline. We were just sharing feelings and our VJ topic is still active. One thing doesn’t invalidate the other. It just adds to it. You should try it.

Timeline
41 minutes ago, Brazasian said:

@Sparkle Sparkle

I guess you should know a couple things:

- Once you get your NOA2, you need to check your country’s specific topic, because every embassy has different procedures for interview and medical exams. So any information from someone that’s from a different country isn’t really useful to you.

- We don’t speak Spanish in Brazil. We speak Portuguese.

- Everyone still reaches for the experts here for official information. The private groups are more for sharing personal experiences related to our specific country. 

- I am a September filer and we have our messenger group from people all over the world. Everyone agrees that it was really good to bond with people who have the same visa timeline. We were just sharing feelings and our VJ topic is still active. One thing doesn’t invalidate the other. It just adds to it. You should try it.

Thank you!!! That is exactly what I am trying to do,just to be more closer of others Brazilians doing the same process, never had the intentions to ofend anyone or say the VJ not is good, instead I really enjoy VJ,its help me a lot and give me the chance to meet another Brazilians there are at the same K-1 Visa process,as I said I just want to make friends and be more closer of other Brazilians from the VJ by a more direct and fast way. 

Edited by Michella&Lucio

4 hours ago, Michella&Lucio said:

Brazilians I have a group on Whatsapp with fiancees at the same K-1 Visa process,to talk about our process,doubts and make new friends if you want to enjoy our group send me our Whatsapp number by private message and I will add you 😚 ☺️.

I don't have a dog in this fight but let me add these tidbits of knowledge.

1. You can join your regional group where you can begin a thread with a title that will bring those who want to "belong" to a group that you are forming and since it is in the sub-forum VJ allows for your native language to be spoken. Here is your group https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/96-mexico-latin-south-america/

2. Stay connected with the same timelines in groups such as November 2019 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY where you can do what others are doing sharing their experiences. Be sure to download the PDF file on the first page where I have authored tips trick and hacks to follow your application from NOA2 to Embassy. Not being part of that thread you wouldn't get that kind of information rolled into one document. Folks, you can't make this up.

3. If you want to start a small group then start a PM with one member and then when others want to join you can add them. Then when someone posts an experience/question/comment it's shared amongst all those who are tagged in that PM group only and is private.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

I don't have a dog in this fight but let me add these tidbits of knowledge.

1. You can join your regional group where you can begin a thread with a title that will bring those who want to "belong" to a group that you are forming and since it is in the sub-forum VJ allows for your native language to be spoken. Here is your group https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/96-mexico-latin-south-america/

2. Stay connected with the same timelines in groups such as November 2019 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY where you can do what others are doing sharing their experiences. Be sure to download the PDF file on the first page where I have authored tips trick and hacks to follow your application from NOA2 to Embassy. Not being part of that thread you wouldn't get that kind of information rolled into one document. Folks, you can't make this up.

3. If you want to start a small group then start a PM with one member and then when others want to join you can add them. Then when someone posts an experience/question/comment it's shared amongst all those who are tagged in that PM group only and is private.

Ok Thank You.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Some VJ users may not understand that Facebook is hugely popular in Brazil, and Brazilians use it for everything at a level I had never seen before.  I learned this when my then boyfriend, now husband, posted a photo on FB of us from my first trip to Brazil to meet him.  Brazilians use Facebook to communicate with each other about anything and everything, it is a cultural thing so I get it.  Now I use Facebook much more than ever to connect with my Brazilian friends and family.  It has a really useful translation feature that is pretty accurate too.  My husband joined a Brazilian Facebook group here in the San Francisco area shortly after he arrived in the US, and it is amazing to see how much information they share with each other.  I think they like to know the identity of users when sharing information, videos, photos, messages, anything from asking advice on finding work to selling cars, adopting dogs, recommendations on restaurants, and it has a real sense of community which is very important to Brazilians.

Edited by carmel34

Timeline
2 hours ago, carmel34 said:

Some VJ users may not understand that Facebook is hugely popular in Brazil, and Brazilians use it for everything at a level I had never seen before.  I learned this when my then boyfriend, now husband, posted a photo on FB of us from my first trip to Brazil to meet him.  Brazilians use Facebook to communicate with each other about anything and everything, it is a cultural thing so I get it.  Now I use Facebook much more than ever to connect with my Brazilian friends and family.  It has a really useful translation feature that is pretty accurate too.  My husband joined a Brazilian Facebook group here in the San Francisco area shortly after he arrived in the US, and it is amazing to see how much information they share with each other.  I think they like to know the identity of users when sharing information, videos, photos, messages, anything from asking advice on finding work to selling cars, adopting dogs, recommendations on restaurants, and it has a real sense of community which is very important to Brazilians.

Yes thats true,we like to be in touch that is part of our culture.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 1/8/2020 at 11:19 AM, Michella&Lucio said:

Não ligue pra as pessoas que não entendem a cultura brasileira. Sou gringo mas moro a 4 anos no Brasil depois de casar com a minha esposa e agora estamos quase conseguindo nosso greencard pra ela. Eu me choquei ao ver como WhatsApp é usado no Brasil pra tudo...... TUDO!!  Fazer pedidos de pizza, agendar consulta, saber as últimas fofocas das vizinhas, postar no Grupo do bairro quando alguém perde um cachorro. Nos gringos não temos isso é a maioria não entende (o fato q ainda por cima falou pra te se comunicar em espanhol e suficiente pra te ver o quanto não sabemos de vcs). Em fim, parabéns pela boa ação. Acho boa idea, pois o Brasil não é país de agilizar as coisas quando se trata de documentos....... ficamos quase 5 horas na delegacia brigando com a delgada pra ela fazer o atestado criminal  civil pra nos. Então sempre é bom compartilhar pq eu não achei suficiente dicas aqui no VJ quando se tratou disso na delegacia. Abraço. 

1. Married: 02/25/2017
    I-130 sent: 03/25/2019
    I-130 NOA1: 04/02/2019
    I-129F (K3) sent: 08/26/2019
    I-129F NOA1: 08/29/2019
    I-129F Denied: 09/29/2019
    I-130 NOA2 Approved 09/29/2019
    Case sent to NVC 10/08/2019
    NVC Received Case 10/10/2019
    Received IV & AOS Bill 11/01/2019
    Payed IV & AOS Fees 11/09/2019

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
1 minute ago, JesseTovar said:

Não ligue pra as pessoas que não entendem a cultura brasileira. Sou gringo mas moro a 4 anos no Brasil depois de casar com a minha esposa e agora estamos quase conseguindo nosso greencard pra ela. Eu me choquei ao ver como WhatsApp é usado no Brasil pra tudo...... TUDO!!  Fazer pedidos de pizza, agendar consulta, saber as últimas fofocas das vizinhas, postar no Grupo do bairro quando alguém perde um cachorro. Nos gringos não temos isso é a maioria não entende (o fato q ainda por cima falou pra te se comunicar em espanhol e suficiente pra te ver o quanto não sabemos de vcs). Em fim, parabéns pela boa ação. Acho boa idea, pois o Brasil não é país de agilizar as coisas quando se trata de documentos....... ficamos quase 5 horas na delegacia brigando com a delgada pra ela fazer o atestado criminal  civil pra nos. Então sempre é bom compartilhar pq eu não achei suficiente dicas aqui no VJ quando se tratou disso na delegacia. Abraço. 

Please only post in English in the main forum

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 1/8/2020 at 11:44 AM, Sparkle Sparkle said:

Thankfully no one is stopping her  from communicating in Spanish, since Brazilians don’t speak Spanish. But just so you understand why she offered this group on WhatsApp....... Brazilians have a strong, and I mean very strong relationship with WhatsApp. When I moved to Brazil after marrying my wife I was blown away by it. You can order pizza via WhatsApp, request home internet service, schedule a doctors appoint, order parts and have em delivered, share pictures of your missing dog on the neighborhood groups etc. It so much a part of their life that phone companies even have monthly plans that include unlimited WhatsApp after your monthly data is up, that’s how big of a deal it is. I completely understand her idea, especially since there have been a few things I couldn’t find information on VJ that were strictly Brasil related but instead I was helped by our neighbors daughter who had gone thru process...... which leads me to my last point, not all Brazilians are on VJ. Honestly not many know about VJ, nor do they speak/ understand English.......so there’s a lot of people out there that could benefit off her WhatsApp group. 

1. Married: 02/25/2017
    I-130 sent: 03/25/2019
    I-130 NOA1: 04/02/2019
    I-129F (K3) sent: 08/26/2019
    I-129F NOA1: 08/29/2019
    I-129F Denied: 09/29/2019
    I-130 NOA2 Approved 09/29/2019
    Case sent to NVC 10/08/2019
    NVC Received Case 10/10/2019
    Received IV & AOS Bill 11/01/2019
    Payed IV & AOS Fees 11/09/2019

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hello! I think Greenbaum  provided good option for you guys. Why don't you create an internal group here and add all people who want to join there so you can talk about your country specific topics, also there you could provide the whatsapp group  and everyone is happy! :dance:

11 hours ago, designguy said:

Please only post in English in the main forum

It is also recommended to speak english on the main forums so everyone can understand, not all people know portuguese . As previous members said there specific region forums on which you can  comunicative in your native language.

K1

08/24/2019: I-129F Mailed

08/26/2019: NOA1 Text Message

12/13/2019: NOA2 (through tracking app)

AOS

08/08/20 Documents sent

08/27/20 Check cashed

08/31/20 SMS received

09/08/20 NOA received

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.