laylalex

Ex-Fox News reporter Courtney Friel claims Donald Trump invited her to Trump Tower to ‘kiss’

23 posts in this topic

Former Fox News reporter Courtney Friel says Donald Trump called her with a creepy come-on before he became president — while they were both married.

Friel, who sometimes worked as a fill-in host on Trump’s beloved “Fox & Friends,” details the alleged proposition in her upcoming memoir, “Tonight At 10: Kicking Booze and Breaking News,” due out Tuesday.

She says Trump told her she was “the hottest one at Fox News” and called her office line a few weeks after she mentioned an interest in working as a judge on his Miss USA beauty pageant.

“Though he said I couldn’t be a judge since I worked at a different network, he did ask me about my career goals and complimented my work at FNC,” Friel, 39, wrote in a sneak peek of her book shared with the Daily News.

“Then, out of nowhere, he said: ‘You should come up to my office sometime, so we can kiss,’” Friel claimed.

They can't all be liars at this point. 

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/ny-ex-fox-news-reporter-courtney-friel-claims-donald-trump-urged-kiss-20200103-rslx5jyrdzce5dtvb7lseezv6m-story.html

Filed: Timeline

Women are attracted to men with money and power.  And when they don't get what they want, what is left, but to complain about how they were treated?   Gotta aim high for that cash payout, right?  Isn't that the main goal?

5 hours ago, ALFKAD said:

Women are attracted to men with money and power.  And when they don't get what they want, what is left, but to complain about how they were treated?   Gotta aim high for that cash payout, right?  Isn't that the main goal?

Bingo.

My 20 year high school reunion group was buzzing about a lady who slept her way into Hollywood, then tried to say it was rape, blame others for Hollywood culture while contributing to it, cash in on MeToo, etc. The floodgates are open. 

It's going to be even tougher for those women magnetized to men with power, or just men in general who are ambitious, to enrich themselves. Men, especially the younger generation, are logically going to be avoiding women even more now (won't even meet with them unless in the most public of settings where cameras are on them at all times, have clear separation, recorded meeting, etc.).. the real world ramifications of the joke MeToo. Wrecking ball, meet west.

Edited by Burnt Reynolds

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Why is this news? Not sure anyone cares.

He flirted and she didn’t take up the offer. It seems like nothing new can be learned.

ROC Timeline

Service Center: Vermont

90 Day Window Opened....08/08/17

I-751 Packet Sent..............08/14/17

NO1 Dated.........................

NO1 Received....................

Check Cashed....................

Biometrics Received..........

Biometrics Appointment.....

Approved...........................

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

I-130 NOA1: 22 Dec 2014
I-130 NOA2: 25 Jan 2015
NVC Received: 06 Feb 2015
Pay AOS Bill: 07 Mar 2015
Pay IV Bill : 20 Mar 2015
Send IV/AOS Package: 23 Mar 2015
Submit DS-261: 26 Mar 2015
Case Completed at NVC: 24 Apr 2015
Interview Date: 22 Sep 2015
Visa Approved: 22 Sep 2015
Visa Received: 03 Oct 2015 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I guess first we need to clarify what is the issue and then we can discuss what the punishment should be.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Another perfect example of , Trump is winning at everything he does, and this is all we got.

2 scoops of Ice Cream

Feed the Goldfish too much

There was a golf truck in the way conspiracy 

Filed: O-2 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

Another perfect example of , Trump is winning at everything he does, and this is all we got.

2 scoops of Ice Cream

Feed the Goldfish too much

There was a golf truck in the way conspiracy 

What's funny is I have a laundry list of things about the man, and I have not heard any of those on your list.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
6 hours ago, Boiler said:

I guess first we need to clarify what is the issue and then we can discuss what the punishment should be.

Impeachment!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Posted to see what the replies might be, was not disappointed.

As a woman who has been objectified, sorry, still IS objectified, on a regular basis, I can tell you that this kind of thing is normalized in our society. I have written before about how it's almost banal to me how men feel entitled to say things to me about how I look, and that I know the difference between a compliment (no problem with those) and an unwanted come on -- and most women know the difference. I am in this body, and this is how I look when I walk out into the world. I'm not looking for anyone to validate my existence as being pleasant or unpleasant. I don't need to hear if a man thinks I look hot or (as a guy in a bar said to me the other week when I was out having a drink with a female friend) like I am "DTF." 

Friel's conventionally attractive, so am I. I am very aware of the privileges that this gives me in the world. But it also means that I get BS like Friel got from Trump simply by existing outside the home. All of your fantasies about men hunkering down and not wanting to be around women aren't coming true. Is there anecdata that seems to indicate it is true? Probably. But men have got to understand that women do not exist to be pleasant to look at or be around. We are humans, like you. We should earn respect, just like you. I

f men cannot exist in the universe without objectifying women or flinging about sleazy come ons in professional settings or touching people without consent, they need to figure out why women object to this behavior. It's not overreacting to say, "I am not just how I look" or "Ask for my permission before you touch me." No one is saying men can't flirt with women they are attracted to, or vice versa. But what is acceptable in a club or a bar is NOT acceptable in a workplace, unless you work in a "gentleman's club." And even there, no touching! How is this difficult? There's a pretty simple rule: don't be gross. It's not difficult. 

Friel asked Trump for a job. He asked her up to his office for a kiss. In what universe does this make sense as acceptable behavior?

Filed: Timeline

If ya can't handle the heat, stay out of the kitchen.  Or perhaps given your rant, stay IN the kitchen.  Or at least the house, and out of sight.

Men are pigs, whatchoo gonna do about that?

And women tend to throw themselves at handsome/powerful/rich men.  Been doing it for centuries, not much we can do about it.  

Being hit on is just part of the daily grind for above-average people.  If it persists beyond one or two failed attempts, then you might have a case to argue.  Otherwise, deal with it and move on.  Whining about it will get you nowhere.

Edited by ALFKAD

Why are men -- and yes, occasionally but not as frequently -- doing these things in the first place? What makes people think they are entitled to others' bodies? 

There is no indication that Friel threw herself at Trump. She asked for a job and he was in a position to give her a job. His response was to ask for a kiss. This is NOT normal. No one should have to deal with this. 

Men do not have to be pigs. I know when Alex's piggish behavior is just to rile me up, and when it's really piggish. I indulge the former because I know he doesn't really believe the things he's saying, and I speak up when he's genuinely being gross. He's open to having a discussion with me when these things happen -- he doesn't want to be a jerk (not word I wanted to use but would otherwise be filtered out) and offend women, because he genuinely likes women. At the same time, he's definitely a man's man, and when we disagree about what he's done, I'm open to hearing why he doesn't think what he's said is problematic. The door swings both ways -- I don't see things in black or white, and nuances are where a lot of truth lies. We are both working on being better people without losing track of who we are at heart.

1 hour ago, laylalex said:

Why are men -- and yes, occasionally but not as frequently, women-- doing these things in the first place?

Too late for an edit -- I swore I typed that word!

Filed: O-2 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
1 hour ago, laylalex said:

Friel asked Trump for a job. He asked her up to his office for a kiss. In what universe does this make sense as acceptable behavior?

In a universe where men do not think about how their wives, daughters and sisters would feel when asked to "come up to my office for a kiss" when they were professionally networking. 

Does any of this shock people? No, we know what Trump is it is acceptable or worse, he has a position of power that is to be envied. Flaunt tax rules, hire illegal immigrants, trade influence for political favors from foreign powers, cheat investors and suppliers ? That "makes him smart"

Many can tolerate or excuse the behavior, because they would like to be him.

They shouldn't even have to think about what a woman they actually care about would feel. In an ideal world, a man would understand this is not acceptable behavior to inflict on humans of every variety. 

I grew up a non-believer (my dad's a Unitarian Universalist, but he's not too sure there's an almighty anything except the dollar), but even I learned that we should do unto others as we would have them do unto us. When we cheat and lie and steal and harass and break the law, we are asking for others to shaft us, too. It's no way for a person to live.