RonAnn

Questions that come into mind

69 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, RonAnn said:

@Hank_ 

So my Fiance just paid her Visa fee 10am her time. So after reading your site its schedule the interview. So we can pick any day before the expiration date of the NOA2 correct? Then of course her medical need to be completed before that.

Don't be concerned about the NOA2 expiration date, the embassy will extend that automatically for up to ONE year.

Follow the guide and the embassy checklist (5 Steps) 

3 hours ago, RonAnn said:

I just read @Commish10 post. they are scheduling medical before scheduling interview?

I thought you need the 2 interview confirmation pages when you go into your medical?

No.   That is not what SLEC states.   The requirement states IF you have your interview confirmation to include copies.    Not required.

Visa Interview Appointment Confirmation from the U.S. Embassy , if available  "

https://slec.ph/us-visa-applicants.php#required-docs

Copies of the NVC letter/email are required.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

A question that came to find. We are ready now to do the medical and interview. Has anyone heard of taking thier medical before thier interview within a weeks time. Say her interview is January 31 can she do her medical January 28 and 29?

Timeline
4 hours ago, RonAnn said:

A question that came to find. We are ready now to do the medical and interview. Has anyone heard of taking thier medical before thier interview within a weeks time. Say her interview is January 31 can she do her medical January 28 and 29?

No issue.   Just make sure to leave one day between the medical and interview.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hello!

So I've been watching videos and reading other stuff online. 

My fiance has worked overseas. Does she need a police report from that country?

24 minutes ago, RonAnn said:

Hello!

So I've been watching videos and reading other stuff online. 

My fiance has worked overseas. Does she need a police report from that country?

Source: https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/the-interview/

You can check sir Hank’s page: https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

Edited by chxakx
Wrong link and information. Apologies.

Timeline
1 minute ago, chxakx said:

Source: https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/family-based-immigration/the-interview/

If im reading  this right its only for if she lived in a different country before the age of 16?

1 minute ago, RonAnn said:

If im reading  this right its only for if she lived in a different country before the age of 16?

I edited my post because I copied the wrong information and link, not for K1. Apologies for the confusion and mistake. 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, chxakx said:

I edited my post because I copied the wrong information and link, not for K1. Apologies for the confusion and mistake. 

I'm sorry as well im still trying to understand. 

So she does not need a Police Report from UAE since she traveled after he was 16?

Timeline
6 hours ago, RonAnn said:

Nope you are reading it wrong.   If she has lived in a foreign country from age 16 and OLDER for 6 months or more.

With that said UAE police clearance is waived by the embassy as UAE will only issue a police clearance in person.

Police Clearance Reciprocity (foreign police clearance)
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country.html

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

On 1/19/2020 at 10:37 PM, RonAnn said:

Yes, That's what we did. roughly three or four days prior as I recall...

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

19 hours ago, RonAnn said:

I'm sorry as well im still trying to understand. 

So she does not need a Police Report from UAE since she traveled after he was 16?

She is unable to get one from the USE if she is no longer there. So you do not have to worry about this at all

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

3-5 minutes  .... don't blink

amazing I was going to see if I had enough time to go to the mall but guess not

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.