RonAnn

Questions that come into mind

69 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So I will start a thread for me and for whoever have questions they want to ask.

Some questions that comes in mind when my fiancee arrives what are the travel restrictions will she have? 

Will she be able take domestic flights? Any extra paperwork needed?

I remember greenbaum saying she can travel around but i forgot if i asked if she needs anything special. And this will be before getting married.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 minutes ago, RonAnn said:

So I will start a thread for me and for whoever have questions they want to ask.

Some questions that comes in mind when my fiancee arrives what are the travel restrictions will she have? 

I remember greenbaum saying she can travel around but i forgot if i asked if she needs anything special. And this will be before getting married.

Nothing special except identification 

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, RonAnn said:

No restrictions for domestic travel .. picture ID.     

Carry her passport and a copy of her I-94 (download from the CBP website)  <  actually required being she won't have a green card or  EAD.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Does anyone know if it is possible to view the visa appointment scheduler at the US Embassy in Manila without completing the DS-160.  I was hoping to get an idea on how far out it will take to get an appointment there once the DS-160 is filled out by my fiancee.  Is it normally a few weeks out, month out, month(s)?

event.png

Timeline
1 hour ago, apellica said:

Does anyone know if it is possible to view the visa appointment scheduler at the US Embassy in Manila without completing the DS-160.  I was hoping to get an idea on how far out it will take to get an appointment there once the DS-160 is filled out by my fiancee.  Is it normally a few weeks out, month out, month(s)?

You need to finish the ds-160 before you get to see whats available. But i can tell you for Philippines is January 16. We didnt schedule yet thats why.

Timeline
1 hour ago, apellica said:

In November when we scheduled her K1 interview there were many dates available at USEM. Some the very next week.

Timeline
14 minutes ago, RonAnn said:

You need to finish the ds-160 before you get to see whats available. But i can tell you for Philippines is January 16. We didnt schedule yet thats why.

4 minutes ago, Russ&MaryAnn said:

In November when we scheduled her K1 interview there were many dates available at USEM. Some the very next week.

Well that is great news to hear.  Thank you for the information.  Unfortunately, my fiancee won't be able to complete the DS-160 until later this month for specific reasons.  She is hoping that once that is completed, she would be able to get an interview in February since that is the best month for her to attend.

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, apellica said:

Did you pay the MRV fee yet?

YMMV

Timeline
49 minutes ago, apellica said:

Well that is great news to hear.  Thank you for the information.  Unfortunately, my fiancee won't be able to complete the DS-160 until later this month for specific reasons.  She is hoping that once that is completed, she would be able to get an interview in February since that is the best month for her to attend.

Same for my Fiancee we are trying to schedule everything for February  just because of timing and trying to finish some business 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Did you pay the MRV fee yet?

No, most of the visa scheduling and form filling process will happen when I visit her this month.  My time with her will be spent helping/preparing all the documents, paying for the application fees, and attending the CFO.  This way, she will be set for the USEM later next month....god willing.

event.png

Timeline
15 minutes ago, RonAnn said:

Same for my Fiancee we are trying to schedule everything for February  just because of timing and trying to finish some business 

Awesome, how far out are you allowed to schedule at this moment?

event.png

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, apellica said:

Yes you can, you do not need the DS-160 completed.    You will need your visa fee paid at BPI, which won't show up for 12-24 hrs after paying  (weekends don't count).

What appt are available can vary daily

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

@Hank_ 

So my Fiance just paid her Visa fee 10am her time. So after reading your site its schedule the interview. So we can pick any day before the expiration date of the NOA2 correct? Then of course her medical need to be completed before that.

Timeline

I just read @Commish10 post. they are scheduling medical before scheduling interview?

I thought you need the 2 interview confirmation pages when you go into your medical?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.