RonAnn

Questions that come into mind

69 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, RonAnn said:

And with then NOA2? Will we get a letter saying it has been extended?

No. At least it's not typically there MO to do this

YMMV

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

@Hank

Hi hank.

My wife will be having her medical next week (finally). She doesnt have any vaccination record or anything. What should we do? Will that cause any delay or affect her medical in any way?

Thank you for your help.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Neilvill said:

@Hank

Hi hank.

My wife will be having her medical next week (finally). She doesnt have any vaccination record or anything. What should we do? Will that cause any delay or affect her medical in any way?

Thank you for your help.

No issue.  They will offer and she should voluntarily accept the required immunizations to be given on day 2 of the exam 

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 minutes ago, payxibka said:

No issue.  They will offer and she should voluntarily accept the required immunizations to be given on day 2 of the exam 

Thank you @payxibka

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, RonAnn said:

Question so i know its been said the noa2 will automatically renew itself.  Our expire date is next Friday. Will we be getting a letter saying it has been renewed?

You will get nothing notifying you that the petition was extended.  The embassy extends it automatically, and has been doing it this was for a very long time.

5 hours ago, RonAnn said:

So our schedule was scheduled on March 5th.

Do we cancel the interview online or can she go there or just call?

Can we just cancel it and wait to reschedule until results come back or we have to select a date already?

You can cancel online or by calling .. your choice

Then wait until you are sure your fiancee has cleared her medical (SPUTUM) before rescheduling.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I see here many people try to get the medical within a few days of the interview, and I understand why completely, but my question is.... how long before the interview can you take your medical? can you take it 4-6 weeks before the interview?

Timeline
1 minute ago, RUJEN said:

I see here many people try to get the medical within a few days of the interview, and I understand why completely, but my question is.... how long before the interview can you take your medical? can you take it 4-6 weeks before the interview?

My wife's was 3 months prior. 

Just understand that the Visa expiration is tied to the medical date.  So regardless of when the visa is issued,  it will expire 6 months after the medical.   Plan accordingly 

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

You can complete the medical 4-6 weeks before.  Do remember the validity of the visa is tied to the date of the medical, meaning will have a shorter validity by 4-6 weeks.    For most it doesn't matter as they are usually in the USA before the first month since visa issuance has passed.  ;)  

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Hi Everyone how's everyone doing?

It seems like the world is just standing still huh?

I have a question for whomever can answer. I know the Lockdown has been extended in Manila until May 15. So does that mean any scheduled appointments at St. Lukes are canceled?

my fiancee had a schedule to come back May 7 for her shots.

The website as of right now says will open May 4 if no extension but it did.

Timeline
1 hour ago, RonAnn said:

I have a question for whomever can answer. I know the Lockdown has been extended in Manila until May 15. So does that mean any scheduled appointments at St. Lukes are canceled?

FWIW, my fiance belongs to FB group and several have reported getting letters from the embassy saying closed until 5/31. Would think it would be same at St Lukes, but that is also speculation on my part.

Timeline
1 hour ago, RonAnn said:

St Luke's is walk-in,  no scheduled appointments 

YMMV

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 4/24/2020 at 6:26 PM, payxibka said:

St Luke's is walk-in,  no scheduled appointments 

I was just going off what St Lukes told her. Which was "if you get no phone call, please return back May 7 for your Immunization Shots" thats all. I know its just walk-ins

Timeline
1 hour ago, RonAnn said:

I dont think i've looked far enough in this forum but anyone have information about The EO that Trump signed back in April?

Huge mega thread in covid 19 forum 

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.