2,317 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Dzuliana said:

Update: Scheduled biometrics appointment. I can't see when though, it'll take couple of days for the document to show up online. 

Oh, ok, do you know where to see which processing center assigned to the case? 

Hi January filers, here's  to the final leg of our journey 🥂.  I submitted my N400 application on line on January 15th, with an expected completion date in May, so we will see what  happens. Good luck to everyone. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Here's a question: if we already submitted all trips outside the US with our N-400, what happens if we travel again? Before being approved, that is. 

On 1/18/2020 at 10:45 AM, Giovanna024 said:

I filed on Jan 14th but Paper so I am waiting mine next week to show in my Mailbox!

Hope you’ll get it soon!

3 hours ago, krylonblue said:

Here's a question: if we already submitted all trips outside the US with our N-400, what happens if we travel again? Before being approved, that is. 

You should be fine as long as you have your Green Card and don’t stay outside of the country for a prolonged period of time

20 hours ago, Neo1 said:

Hi January filers, here's  to the final leg of our journey 🥂.  I submitted my N400 application on line on January 15th, with an expected completion date in May, so we will see what  happens. Good luck to everyone. 

Good luck Neo, lets hope so it will be sonner I pray for April🙏🙏🙏

01/14/2020 - filed N400 Miami FL

01/18/2020 - NOA Biometric scheduled 

02/05/2020 - Biometrics done 

03/13/2020 - Interview scheduled - canceled due Covid19

08/19/2020 - Interview 

08/27/2020 - OATH Ceremony MIAMI FL 

Done with USCIS  !!!! Good luck everyone!

On 1/2/2020 at 5:07 AM, abfar said:

Hey guys,

What documents are you guys planning on sending as proof of the union/living together? I'll be filing based on the 3 years of marriage soon but am worried about the additional documentation required because

- we don't own a car so no lease/auto insurance.

- the apartment lease is in my name as we didn't think about the proof-for-n400 aspect of things when we signed up; so it doesn't have the wifey's name either :(

- we don't have a joint bank account since I just setup a bank account when I immigrated initially and have been lazily using the same account for direct deposits for my salary.

That leaves us very little documents to send e.g. i can think of just

- our medical insurance; where there are separate letters coming in for my wife and I  (from the insurance compnay) ; both letters are sent to our apartment (same address)

- our separate personal credit card bills (addresses to the same apartment) but no joint anything :/

- outside of that, there's our kids birth cert

- and our family photos as we go out on weekends sometimes.

- our driving licenses both registered for the same address (but since we don't have a car, my wife didn't update her address on her driving license for almost 2 years (even after we moved to our own apartment) and it still kept pointing to her parent's address; where she lived earlier while I was abroad and in the process of immigrating)

That's a pretty thin stack of documents and it has me worreid.

I still have about 3 months left to file so I'm not sure if opening a joint bank account at this point will help much. What else would you guys recommend?

US Naturalization (N-400) Package Checklist
Follow these assembly instructions. All supporting documents must be in English or be translated as noted here.

qr_down.gif Include Required Payment:

Use a personal check or money order for both the application and biometrics fee (if required).
Make sure the check or money order is made out to: U.S. Department of Homeland Security

qr_down.gif Completed, signed and dated N-400 Form:

Be sure that the form is completed and correct to the best of your knowledge. Print, sign and date as required.

qr_down.gif All applicants must send the following three items with their N-400 application:

1. A photocopy of both sides of your Permanent Resident Card (formerly known as the Alien Registration Card or 'Green Card'). If you have lost the card, submit a photocopy of the receipt of your Form I-90, 'Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card'; and
    2. Two identical color photographs, with your name and A-number written lightly in pencil on the back of each photo. For details about the photo requirements, see this specification. Do not wear eyeglasses or earrings for the photo. If your religion requires you to wear a head covering, your facial features must still be exposed in the photo for purposes of identification; and
    3. A check or money order for the correct application fee and the biometric services fee for fingerprinting. (Applicants 75 years of age or older are exempted from fingerprinting and the biometrics services fee). Write your 'A-number' on the back of the check or money order.

qr_down.gif Only if required, send copies of the following documents (the USCIS will request originals if needed):

newpost.gif If an attorney or accredited representative is acting on your behalf, send:
A completed original Form G-28, 'Notice of Entry of Appearance as Attorney or Representative.'

newpost.gif If your current legal name is different from the name on your Permanent Resident Card, send:
The document(s) that legally changed your name (marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court document).

newpost.gif If you are applying for naturalization on the basis of marriage to a U.S. citizen, send the following four items:
  1. Evidence that your spouse has been a U.S. citizen for the last three years:
to_post_off.gif Birth certificate (if your spouse never lost citizenship since birth), or
to_post_off.gif Naturalization certificate, or
to_post_off.gif Certificate of Citizenship, or
to_post_off.gif The inside of the front cover and signature page of your spouse's current U.S. passport, or
to_post_off.gif Form FS-240, 'Report of Birth Abroad of a Citizen of the United States of America', and

2. Your current marriage certificate; and

3. Proof of termination of all prior marriages of your spouse-divorce decree(s), annulment(s), or death certificate(s); and

4. Documents referring to you and your spouse:
to_post_off.gif Tax returns, bank accounts, leases, mortgages, or birth certificates of children, or
to_post_off.gif Internal Revenue Service (IRS)-certified copies of the income tax forms that you both filed for the past three years, or
to_post_off.gif

An IRS tax return transcript for the last three years.

If you can provide all these, then its plenty of proof.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Serbia
Timeline
22 hours ago, Justarandomdude said:

Oh, ok, do you know where to see which processing center assigned to the case? 

Yes, if you open your receipt you will find in the bottom left corner the processing center.

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Field office: San Antonio, TX

01/14/2020: Submitted N400 (3 years rule)

02/04/2020: Biometrics

04/23/2020: Interview

Interview de-scheduled (notice received on April 2.)

07/30/2020: Interview Re-scheduled

07/30/2020 Naturalization Application Approved

07/30/2020 Oath Ceremony

I am done! God bless Texas!

13 minutes ago, Dzuliana said:

Yes, if you open your receipt you will find in the bottom left corner the processing center.

Hi, it says national benefits center in Overland Park KS, it’s confusing...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Serbia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Justarandomdude said:

Hi, it says national benefits center in Overland Park KS, it’s confusing...

Mine too, that would be a center in Kansas.

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Field office: San Antonio, TX

01/14/2020: Submitted N400 (3 years rule)

02/04/2020: Biometrics

04/23/2020: Interview

Interview de-scheduled (notice received on April 2.)

07/30/2020: Interview Re-scheduled

07/30/2020 Naturalization Application Approved

07/30/2020 Oath Ceremony

I am done! God bless Texas!

On 1/14/2020 at 5:11 PM, leroyleviticus said:

I procrastinated a little, but I finally filed my N400 yesterday (online).

I hear you. I procrastinated for like a month before I filed today .. lol Gathering the evidences, scanning them and answering all the questions took almost 3 hrs ! phew!

On 1/16/2020 at 10:04 PM, Deagle said:

1 - Yes.

2 - You don't have to send proof to cover the entire 3 years time period. You can send the end of month statements of the joint bank account from random months throughout the 3 years period. Quarterly statements for example.

We provided all these bank statements to show proof of living as married couple as recently while filing for I-751.  why do they need this again and again ?

23 hours ago, Neo1 said:

from where do people get this estimated completion date ? I didn't get one in the email.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
2 hours ago, sree_yash said:

from where do people get this estimated completion date ? I didn't get one in the email.

it should show on the website http://egov.uscis.gov/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.