2,317 posts in this topic

53 minutes ago, Shaun Lan said:

Hi All,

I will finish my 5 years as Green Card holder by this March 1st. I do remember reading in the forum that we can apply for the Citizenship 90 days before the 5 years end date. Is that true? If so would you please share any links to support that statement.

Thank you very much in advance.

Here you go

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/uscis-early-filing-calculator

01/14/2020 - filed N400 Miami FL

01/18/2020 - NOA Biometric scheduled 

02/05/2020 - Biometrics done 

03/13/2020 - Interview scheduled - canceled due Covid19

08/19/2020 - Interview 

08/27/2020 - OATH Ceremony MIAMI FL 

Done with USCIS  !!!! Good luck everyone!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Hi all!

I'm done completing the questions online but still need to scan the documents. I have two questions.

1. I'm doing this based on 3 years of marriage. When they ask if I've been out of the USA within the 5 years should I include the 2 years I lived back home in Nicaragua?

2. what type of bank account information do you send? checkings or savings for the 3 years we've been married? What exactly are you guys sending?

Appreciate your guidance :)

Andrea

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Serbia
Timeline

Update on my case. Estimated time for the completion of the case is September 2020.

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Field office: San Antonio, TX

01/14/2020: Submitted N400 (3 years rule)

02/04/2020: Biometrics

04/23/2020: Interview

Interview de-scheduled (notice received on April 2.)

07/30/2020: Interview Re-scheduled

07/30/2020 Naturalization Application Approved

07/30/2020 Oath Ceremony

I am done! God bless Texas!

47 minutes ago, Dzuliana said:

Update on my case. Estimated time for the completion of the case is September 2020.

Hope its gonna be faster then that!

08/19/2020 - Interview 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
9 hours ago, Andreita24 said:

Hi all!

I'm done completing the questions online but still need to scan the documents. I have two questions.

1. I'm doing this based on 3 years of marriage. When they ask if I've been out of the USA within the 5 years should I include the 2 years I lived back home in Nicaragua?

2. what type of bank account information do you send? checkings or savings for the 3 years we've been married? What exactly are you guys sending?

Appreciate your guidance :)

Andrea

1 - Yes.

2 - You don't have to send proof to cover the entire 3 years time period. You can send the end of month statements of the joint bank account from random months throughout the 3 years period. Quarterly statements for example.

The immigration process caused me PTSD.

Blue Bianchi

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

01/08/2020 Day 00 - Submitted N-400 online

01/11/2020 Day 03 - Received NOA online, Priority Date January 8, 2020

01/14/2020 Day 06 - Received notice of Biometrics appointment online.

01/31/2020 Day 20 - Biometrics Appointment (scheduled)
07/08/2020 Day 183 - Received online notice of citizenship interview 
08/21/2020 Day 227 - Citizenship interview
08/21/2020 Day 227 - Citizenship Oath (Same day as interview!)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Super dumb question, but if I file online, do I have to do it all in one session?  

Ideally, I’d like to fill out the application questions ASAP, and then add in the documents after, without losing the progress on the questions.  

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Cryssiekins said:

Super dumb question, but if I file online, do I have to do it all in one session?  

Ideally, I’d like to fill out the application questions ASAP, and then add in the documents after, without losing the progress on the questions.  

You don't have to do it all in one session. You have a month to finish it up and you wont lose your progress (even the questions part). You just pick up where you stopped last session.

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

07/30/2020 Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Dzuliana said:

You don't have to do it all in one session. You have a month to finish it up and you wont lose your progress (even the questions part). You just pick up where you stopped last session.

Thanks!! 

1 hour ago, Cryssiekins said:

you don't have to do it in one session, it saves for a month, and every time you update any information and save, the month update as well.

7 hours ago, Justarandomdude said:

3 yrs marriage based in LA, filed on 1/16, just got updated to biometric, things are happening fast! 

I agree, I filed on the 14th and got the notice they scheduled my biometrics appointment already too. Hoping this process won’t take as long as they estimate (October ‘20)

2 hours ago, leroyleviticus said:

I agree, I filed on the 14th and got the notice they scheduled my biometrics appointment already too. Hoping this process won’t take as long as they estimate (October ‘20)

I filed on Jan 14th but Paper so I am waiting mine next week to show in my Mailbox!

08/19/2020 - Interview 

Timeline

Update: Scheduled biometrics appointment. I can't see when though, it'll take couple of days for the document to show up online. 

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

07/30/2020 Oath Ceremony

1 hour ago, Dzuliana said:

Update: Scheduled biometrics appointment. I can't see when though, it'll take couple of days for the document to show up online. 

That is great!! So fast!👏👏👏

08/19/2020 - Interview 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.