2,317 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, Giovanna024 said:

Wow I am so sorry that this happend to you. Why was she asking you about your divorce? Did u apply as 3 year rule and maybe thatd why?

I dont like female IO at all. I was praying not to get female IO, lucky it was a handsome guy😊

I really don’t know. I applied based on 5 year rule, I explained every little detail on why my marriage failed. I had always done everything correctly and there was really no reason to assume I was tricking anyone. I have tons of proof that our marriage was for real.

i was so worked up that I don’t remember those Civics questions (there weren’t hard at all and I knew all answers right away) except for one: How many justices are on the Supreme Court. I answered 9. She said yea but one died recently right? I said yes but technically there’s nine. She said: yes at least that’s what the website says right?

she was snappy all through the interview and made me feel like a liar and fraud. I was near tears when I left the office because she said she might or might not approve me.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
17 minutes ago, tulirya said:

Hey there everyone, 

January 2020 filer here as well. I was wondering if we have anyone from New Jersey area to get interview notices? I filed on Jan 24th and my biometrics was taken in February 11. 

Thanks, 

Iroda

Newark filer here - filed January 18th, biometrics February 4th.

Newark is currently re-scheduling cancelled interviews for August ‘19 filers. I think Mt Laurel started re-scheduling October/November ‘19 filers. There’s a thread on here for Newark/Mt Laurel where folks provide updates.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

Newark filer here - filed January 18th, biometrics February 4th.

Newark is currently re-scheduling cancelled interviews for August ‘19 filers. I think Mt Laurel started re-scheduling October/November ‘19 filers. There’s a thread on here for Newark/Mt Laurel where folks provide updates.

Oh wow what a huge delay in Newark :((  

thank you for information, will keep checking hope it will move faster for all of us.

Timeline
Just now, tulirya said:

Oh wow what a huge delay in Newark :((  

thank you for information, will keep checking hope it will move faster for all of us.

Yup. Based on published data by USCIS, Newark has the largest backlog country wide. I think they’re also the only office that received more applications than it adjucated cases during the time frame October ‘19 through March ‘20 (Q1 and Q2 of this fiscal year). Good luck to us!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline
On 9/19/2020 at 10:55 AM, aa1979 said:

It is usually a combo interview, even if they don't say that in their postal communications with you.  If I was you, I would make sure I am ready for them whether they tell you it is a combo interview or not, with my civics/english tests so you have no regrets

Thank you for the advice. I will for sure study the civics/English tests as well

WAC Filer
01/30/2019 Applied for I751

05/03/2019 I751 Biometrics done

10/25/2019 I751 was transferred 

10/29/2019 I751 was transferred 

01/30/2020 Applied for N400 Electronically

02/14/2020 I751 was transferred to NBC 

02/18/2020 N400 Biometrics done 

02/28/2020 I751 interview scheduled
03/31/2020 I751 interview canceled 
04/01/2020 I751 interview ready to be scheduled
07/23/2020 I751 was transferred

2 hours ago, msdynamite said:

I really don’t know. I applied based on 5 year rule, I explained every little detail on why my marriage failed. I had always done everything correctly and there was really no reason to assume I was tricking anyone. I have tons of proof that our marriage was for real.

i was so worked up that I don’t remember those Civics questions (there weren’t hard at all and I knew all answers right away) except for one: How many justices are on the Supreme Court. I answered 9. She said yea but one died recently right? I said yes but technically there’s nine. She said: yes at least that’s what the website says right?

she was snappy all through the interview and made me feel like a liar and fraud. I was near tears when I left the office because she said she might or might not approve me.

That is so unprofessional! She souldnt make stupid comments like that and she is one of those miserable B$@chs. Omg I am glad that this is over. What an agonny. Its behing you now. Good luck now Oath ceremony!

01/14/2020 - filed N400 Miami FL

01/18/2020 - NOA Biometric scheduled 

02/05/2020 - Biometrics done 

03/13/2020 - Interview scheduled - canceled due Covid19

08/19/2020 - Interview 

08/27/2020 - OATH Ceremony MIAMI FL 

Done with USCIS  !!!! Good luck everyone!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Giovanna024 said:

That is so unprofessional! She souldnt make stupid comments like that and she is one of those miserable B$@chs. Omg I am glad that this is over. What an agonny. Its behing you now. Good luck now Oath ceremony!

I guess this whole journey had to end with a big boom. It was a rough rough 6 years of my life but hopefully with the end of dealing with USCIS better times are ahead. Thank you (all of you here) for being the friend that understands what you’re going through 😅 this forum has sure helped me a lot.

oh and btw: estimated wait time for my oath ceremony is 4 months 🙄

Edited by msdynamite

10 minutes ago, msdynamite said:

I guess this whole journey had to end with a big boom. It was a rough rough 6 years of my life but hopefully with the end of dealing with USCIS better times are ahead. Thank you (all of you here) for being the friend that understands what you’re going through 😅 this forum has sure helped me a lot.

Congratulations... lucky you girls Msdynamite  and Giovanna.  

Filed: Other Timeline
1 hour ago, msdynamite said:

You never know... If you get married to someone from overseas, you may still have to work with them again!

Hi, all! Finally got some new since my biometrics in February. Got an email this morning that my interview has been scheduled but when I checked my USCIS account there is no letter yet, no mail either. Guess I'll have to wait a few more days to get the interview date/appointment letter, but I'm thankful it's moving. Hope everyone is doing well 😄

129-F Petition

May 2015 - Sent 129F Petition by Fiance

July 22, 2015 - NOA 1 Receipt Notice

October 19, 2015 - NOA 2 Approval Notice

November 10, 2015 - NVC Receipt Notice
March 8, 2016 - SLEC Medical Exam
March 22, 2016 - Interview at US Embassy Manila
March 28, 2016 - K1 Visa Approved
May 14, 2016 - Arrival at POE

Adjustment of Status

June 21, 2016 - Got married!
August 4, 2016 - Sent AOS Package
August 8, 2016 - USCIS Received Date (Day 1)
August 16, 2016 - Received acceptance notice via email (Day 😎
August 19, 2016 - NOA1 Received in Mail (Day 11)
August 25, 2016 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter in Mail (Day 17)
September 7, 2016 - Biometrics (Day 29)
September 12, 2016 - All Cases Working Online (Day 34)
October 17, 2016 - EAD and AP Approved! (Day 69)
November 3, 2016 - EAD and AP Combo Card Received in Mail (Day 86)
November 5, 2016 - I-485 (Green Card) Approved (Day 89)
November 12, 2016 - I-485 Approval Notice Received in Mail (Day 96)
November 17, 2016 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED! (Day 101)

Removal of Conditions
September 8, 2018 - Sent ROC Package
October 10, 2018 - NOA 1 (Day 1)
October 19, 2018 - 18 Months Extension Letter Received (Day 9)
November 1, 2019 - Biometrics Appointment (Day 388)
November 20, 2019 - NOA Approval Letter (Day 407)
November 27, 2019 - 10-YEAR GREEN CARD RECEIVED! (Day 414)

Naturalization
January 24, 2020 - Filed N-400 Online, NOA 1
February 10, 2020  - Biometrics Appointment
September 21, 2020 - Interview Scheduled

Our Blogs

Timeline
11 hours ago, msdynamite said:

To be fair - the Naturalization interview is the last stage where IO's are detecting fraud if it happens. We hear this often that folks are being scrutinized at this stage. Consider it as "trying to break people". I still believe that IO's should be competent and trained to detect when a sincere person is close to crying or a fraud is nervous of being caught, and no human in this world has the right to make another human feel degraded. Anyhow, you've made it through and unless you sponsor a foreign partner in the future, you're done with them :)

Just wait and see - I don't believe the oath will take 4 months. Hopefully you'll attempt on time to still register to vote :)

Timeline
34 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

To be fair - the Naturalization interview is the last stage where IO's are detecting fraud if it happens. We hear this often that folks are being scrutinized at this stage. Consider it as "trying to break people". I still believe that IO's should be competent and trained to detect when a sincere person is close to crying or a fraud is nervous of being caught, and no human in this world has the right to make another human feel degraded. Anyhow, you've made it through and unless you sponsor a foreign partner in the future, you're done with them :)

Just wait and see - I don't believe the oath will take 4 months. Hopefully you'll attempt on time to still register to vote :)

I agree with you. I guess it just hit me so hard because they had already known about my divorce and the circumstances 3 years ago and I thought it wasn’t an issue anymore. My ex husband knows I would’ve never taken advantage of him, I proved it to USCIS a long time ago and I’m a very sincere and honest person. I didn’t think there was a need to go at me as hard as she did. 
but you’re right, it’s over now and being able to vote would be wonderful. But so far I just take this, even if I really have to wait another 4 months :)

1 hour ago, msdynamite said:

I agree with you. I guess it just hit me so hard because they had already known about my divorce and the circumstances 3 years ago and I thought it wasn’t an issue anymore. My ex husband knows I would’ve never taken advantage of him, I proved it to USCIS a long time ago and I’m a very sincere and honest person. I didn’t think there was a need to go at me as hard as she did. 
but you’re right, it’s over now and being able to vote would be wonderful. But so far I just take this, even if I really have to wait another 4 months :)

You make me scared now. I have an interview soon and I am divorces I was for almost 3 years
I had the green card with no interview. but now I am just nerves. How would she/he (Officer) attack me. My relationship was real.
What type of questions and answers about the divorce could be?
Do you remember the questions?
Also congratulations. 
And what if you were denied? losing the Green Card as well? 

Edited by ShawnSpiker

Timeline
6 minutes ago, ShawnSpiker said:

You make me scared now. I have an interview soon and I am divorces I was for almost 3 years
I had the green card with no interview. but now I am just nerves. How would she/he (Officer) attack me. My relationship was real.
What type of questions and answers about the divorce could be?
Do you remember the questions?
Also congratulations. 
And what if you were denied? losing the Green Card as well? 

Exact same for me. Divorced in 2017 and no interview.

I don’t want to go into what she’d asked me because it’s too personal. She just wanted to know everything about the divorce. Every detail and the exact timeframe.

I’m sure you have nothing to worry about. I just got a bad apple out of the bunch. And she approved me after all. So I assume if the marriage is for real they can’t prove you otherwise.

but actually does somebody know what happens if they deny you if they think you are a fraud? I wondered about that too!?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.