Ontarkie

Rante Macabre

2,986 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, SAT said:

Yes, she was far from "indulged" or "catered to". 

But she has been since.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
14 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

Congratulations, si AA ma'am*/man*!

*please specify, si AA ma'am/man

We got a pet cat and you got a pet peeve, si AA ma'am/man.

Pet peeves don’t cost as much .. no food needed and no vet bills !! Good thinking !! 

Timeline
On 7/15/2020 at 1:37 AM, Asia said:

A little off topic ;) My bathroom is finished :lol:

Before:

kitehebnceoj.jpg

After:

hwzw3d5gd98k.jpg

Oh I love it !! Well done !! Not off topic at all !! Need topics like this atm 

18 minutes ago, trudi said:

^^ this

if you stop giving them everything and stop doing everything for them maybe things will change, if they don't then maybe you need to decide what you can live with

We have bought a new (to us) 5th wheeler so we can run to AL and leave MIL to her own fantasy world, we have decided that she is going to keep pulling out strings if we stay so we're getting out 

Exactly. And I'd not be bringing anyone else over to add to your misery.

She's not going with you!?!

42 minutes ago, cdneh said:

She's not going with you!?!

She says she is but has refused to actually clear out any of her stuff (she's a hoarder) and is constantly changing her mind so we decided we aren't going to play her silly games, if she wants to come she knows what she needs to do

Everything crossed for a smooth and stress free journey

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
5 hours ago, SAT said:

He's getting divorced

Emulate him, starting now man.

Is Nueva York a community-property state, huh man?

PM us, do it man.

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

19 minutes ago, trudi said:

She says she is but has refused to actually clear out any of her stuff (she's a hoarder) and is constantly changing her mind so we decided we aren't going to play her silly games, if she wants to come she knows what she needs to do

Good for  you! Sometimes people need the hard word put on them.  She probably doesn't really believe you will do it.

51 minutes ago, cdneh said:

Good for  you! Sometimes people need the hard word put on them.  She probably doesn't really believe you will do it.

It's going to be harder than I'd like to admit to leave her to fend for herself, she is 86 next month but she is so darn toxic we have to go for our own preservation :(

Everything crossed for a smooth and stress free journey

18 minutes ago, trudi said:

It's going to be harder than I'd like to admit to leave her to fend for herself, she is 86 next month but she is so darn toxic we have to go for our own preservation :(

I understand that,  when my MIL gave us the boot in 2017 at Christmas, I was worried what would happen to her. Particularly as I knew she wasn't altogether 'there'.  She was 86 at the time, will turn 90 in a few months, and is still making people around her miserable.  I am glad to this day that I got Himself off and away from her.

Seriously, reservations aside, pack up and go.

Timeline
49 minutes ago, trudi said:

She will survive. Take this for yourselves. Yes it will be painfully hard and you shouldn’t have to do it .. but when “usual ways” of being with people doesn’t work ... it means it’s not you .. try something else. Go!!!!! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline
17 hours ago, trudi said:

We have bought a new (to us) 5th wheeler so we can run to AL and leave MIL to her own fantasy world, we have decided that she is going to keep pulling out strings if we stay so we're getting out 

I pretty much ignore my stepmother too. 

I'm the one stuck taking care of her. I didn't sign up for this 4 decades ago. 

Thank heavens I saw this coming from a really young age. 

I didn't bank on my father leaving me anything. 

So I went off on my own since 18. 

Now, over 3 decades later, I did pretty good.

But....I'm stuck taking care of her...

And she's being an ahole about it. 

She hoards money, with nowhere to spend it. 

So she gives it all to my sis, who does absolutely nothing for her. 

Tiff finally got up today at around 930, on her own. 

Asked me if I need anything, with an attitude. 

It's unbelievable. 

It's like they're doing me a favor...

There are 130s pending for the other 3 siblings. 

And her sister here, when the time comes, I suppose I have to be the sponsor as well. 

And this is the attitude I get? 

Now when and if they come, I'm going to have to provide room and board as well. 

Longer term, the I-130s for the other 3 siblings...

Their priority dates should be in 4-6 years. 

I'm not going to ^%$#$%$ do this again. 

But by then, the older kid  will be 15-16, I bet she'll try to get the kid to do it. 

It's unbelievable  how useless my BIL is. 

How the %$#$ is he in the business of real estate? 

Can't even find someone to fill out a DS 260? 

Well, it's daddy's money that he's been using to buy flats. 

I remember a conversation we had in 2013. 

The kid thinks he knows a lot. Having visited 0 other countries in his life. 

He thought Malaysia was the shits lol 

I told him, "You have not experienced liberty and freedom"