3,047 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I have a question because i'm sorta confused. So, i'm a derivative under my mothers i360 application. The receipt date for the application is sepember 10th 2018. She received her prima facie january 2019. I am however, not sure under what section she filed her I765. Anyways her receipt date for both is somewhere in november of 2018. Now, what's confusing is how she had put in my i485 and i765 application july of 2019 and i just recently got my i765 approved but my mother hasn't had hers approved yet. Does this make sense? Could it just be an oversight? EDIT: Are they processing my application separately from hers despite the i360 not being approved on her end yet?

Another edit: i just double checked and my mother had her biometrics appointment december of 2018. They just updated her work permit case status to reflect that on august of 2019. It's been a year and she hasn't received it yet. Could it be that she accidentally selected c31 when she did hers?

Edited by TheGraveMistake

Hello everyone, 

I need some advice. I have all the requirements for my application except psychological evaluation. I have been in therapy for months now, but at the time I started therapy, I did not know about vawa so I was not looking for a therapy who has vawa experience, just one that was close to me and free. It has been excellent for therapy, but when I asked for evaluation, the evaluation she wrote is 1page. Maybe because the service is free or because she has no experience with vawa, she seems reluctant to write a more detailed report, and I am confused about what to do next. I would have liked to submit the application in december or this january but now I'm stuck. So do I keep trying to get the detailed evaluation report from her since she has been my therapist for a long time now or do I look for someone else to pay / have more sessions with that can provide the report since I can't apply without it?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 hours ago, Dordor1 said:

Happy New Year VAWA family. Hope 2020 brings us joy and prosperity. God’s blessings on you all. 

Does anyone know how to apply for a social security number for a child who is pending? 

Filed: Other Timeline

Hello all!

I just received a case update that my AOS was transferred to a different office, my Vawa was approved March 2018, originally submitted Nov 2016, I had to submit my AOS 3 times this past year because they kept denying my fee waiver, the 3rd time it was accepted with the help of my local congressman asking why they kept denying when all proof was there, my biometrics appointment was scheduled not 1 week after it was accepted (which surprised me at how fast it was) and now it's being transferred, it has only been about 2 months since they accepted it, is this the normal timeframe or is this being expedited automatically? The congressman was going to submit an expedite request after they had asked the Vermont center director to look at my 3rd submission, but now do I wait for it to be transferred to submit the expedite or wait to see if it's being expedited on its own??  

Anyone being on a cruise and used the advance parole card? My mom just found a $199 cruise and wants to take me but I’m a little afraid, I’ve never used my advance parole card...

08/2017 - Married USC

09/2017 - Application for I-485, I-765, I-131

12/2017 - Approval  I-765, I-131

09/2018 Renewal application for I-765, I-131

04/2019 - I-485 interview scheduled 

04/2019 - I-485 denied, husband withdrew

05/2019 - Application for  I-360, I-485, I-765, I-131 

12/2019 EAD, AP approval

07/2020 EAD, AP renewal sent to Vermont

10/2020 EAD, AP Approval

11/2020 VAWA I-360 Approved (C31 produced)

01/2021 I-360 status changed to case approved

03/2021 - I-693 deficient notice from national benefit center

7 hours ago, MsVi2 said:

Hello all!

I just received a case update that my AOS was transferred to a different office, my Vawa was approved March 2018, originally submitted Nov 2016, I had to submit my AOS 3 times this past year because they kept denying my fee waiver, the 3rd time it was accepted with the help of my local congressman asking why they kept denying when all proof was there, my biometrics appointment was scheduled not 1 week after it was accepted (which surprised me at how fast it was) and now it's being transferred, it has only been about 2 months since they accepted it, is this the normal timeframe or is this being expedited automatically? The congressman was going to submit an expedite request after they had asked the Vermont center director to look at my 3rd submission, but now do I wait for it to be transferred to submit the expedite or wait to see if it's being expedited on its own??  

I think your AOS is moving along.... is already transfer meaning is already on queue to be process and setting up the interview..... You should received an interview letter soon. 

1 hour ago, Ana FL said:

Anyone being on a cruise and used the advance parole card? My mom just found a $199 cruise and wants to take me but I’m a little afraid, I’ve never used my advance parole card...

I heard another case of someone taking a cruise, the entrance inspection is very similar to the airport, the person said one of the CPB was not very sure of the Advance parole but another CPB officer came and check everything... and got parole. 

13 hours ago, Ballerina said:

Hello everyone, 

I need some advice. I have all the requirements for my application except psychological evaluation. I have been in therapy for months now, but at the time I started therapy, I did not know about vawa so I was not looking for a therapy who has vawa experience, just one that was close to me and free. It has been excellent for therapy, but when I asked for evaluation, the evaluation she wrote is 1page. Maybe because the service is free or because she has no experience with vawa, she seems reluctant to write a more detailed report, and I am confused about what to do next. I would have liked to submit the application in december or this january but now I'm stuck. So do I keep trying to get the detailed evaluation report from her since she has been my therapist for a long time now or do I look for someone else to pay / have more sessions with that can provide the report since I can't apply without it?

I think if this is the only thing you have to proof your abuse you should paid and get your Psychological Evaluation this can be done in several days i contact several physiologist that do evaluations for immigration purpose but at the end I did not do it, because i had other proof to prove my abuse. Or Explain to her if she can do a more detail evaluation and told her is for immigration purpose. 

This same situation happened to me, the police department referred me to a therapist that works directly with domestic Violence victim Safe Horizon i went several months me and my daughter the therapy really help us i will say my daughter change in a very good way after that, but it was NO USE for Vawa purpose she only made 2 pages evaluation she did input the treatment she use, our diagnose, and the recommendation and referral to continue therapy... she detail everything she did but  I decide to sent it anyways with Vawa because I also have  police report, 2 order of protection one criminal and second order of protection was stay away from the family court.. So i really did not need it. 

9 hours ago, Gi Gi said:

Does anyone know how to apply for a social security number for a child who is pending? 

You may confirm with the Social security administration office if is possible because Only non-citizens authorized to work in the US are eligible for a Social Security number. Those on a non-employment based temporary visa without work authorization are not permitted to apply for a social security number. 

check this link :  https://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10096.pdf 

14 hours ago, TheGraveMistake said:

I have a question because i'm sorta confused. So, i'm a derivative under my mothers i360 application. The receipt date for the application is sepember 10th 2018. She received her prima facie january 2019. I am however, not sure under what section she filed her I765. Anyways her receipt date for both is somewhere in november of 2018. Now, what's confusing is how she had put in my i485 and i765 application july of 2019 and i just recently got my i765 approved but my mother hasn't had hers approved yet. Does this make sense? Could it just be an oversight? EDIT: Are they processing my application separately from hers despite the i360 not being approved on her end yet?

Another edit: i just double checked and my mother had her biometrics appointment december of 2018. They just updated her work permit case status to reflect that on august of 2019. It's been a year and she hasn't received it yet. Could it be that she accidentally selected c31 when she did hers?

Your Mother should make inquiry with the congressperson, to see whats going on, 12 months is very long time her EAD maybe her EAD was put on C31 category... 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.