3,047 posts in this topic

Does someone here had the vawa approval delayed because of background checking? I mean that’s the reason that they said to my congressman.

If yes, how long they took to approve? I have been waiting since November 2017. I received a RFE april 2019 and they received my answer Jun 2019. Silence since that.

Thanks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, keano99 said:

Hi guys - 

I have pending I-360 and 485 applications with the USCIS, filed Feb 2018. I also have a valid EAD. However, my I-360 application changed to "New Card Is Being Produced..." this morning. My questions:

- What does this mean?

- What card is being produced?

I'm a little confused, and a little googling provided different answers.

Congratulations 

Please share your time line what are the supporting documents you have submitted do you got any RFE or straight to approval 

27 minutes ago, Braveheart123 said:

Congratulations 

Please share your time line what are the supporting documents you have submitted do you got any RFE or straight to approval 

Hi:

Submitted Feb 2018, RFE for good moral conduct in June 2019 - those were the only highlights.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
11 minutes ago, keano99 said:

Hi:

Submitted Feb 2018, RFE for good moral conduct in June 2019 - those were the only highlights.

Do you have any police report or restraint order to show the abuse 

Filed: Other Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hi guys. I got a traffic ticket on friday and have an interview on Thursday. Will this affect my interview? I plan on going to court to defend myself. 

1 minute ago, blujewel said:

Hi guys. I got a traffic ticket on friday and have an interview on Thursday. Will this affect my interview? I plan on going to court to defend myself. 

Hey blu don't stress too much..traffic ticket will not have an adverse effect on your case..just do your part..fix what needs to be fixed..you'll be fine. I wish you a successful interview in advance!💞💞😊👍

Timeline
Just now, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Hey blu don't stress too much..traffic ticket will not have an adverse effect on your case..just do your part..fix what needs to be fixed..you'll be fine. I wish you a successful interview in advance!💞💞😊👍

Okay because i cant  pay for it yet. But i have heard the officers ask? Is that true? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline

Hi All, 

congratulations to all the approvals and best of luck on the interviews 🙏

anybody here has had a birth certificate RFE on their pending i485?

I sent mine 35 days ago to NBC and so far it only says they received it, how did it take for them to make a decision about it?

im currently waiting for my congressman to inquire again.

thank you! 

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Not all..but incase they do just say it like it is..it doesn't make you a criminal in any way dear!💁

Thank you so much💜

4 hours ago, keano99 said:

Hi guys - 

I have pending I-360 and 485 applications with the USCIS, filed Feb 2018. I also have a valid EAD. However, my I-360 application changed to "New Card Is Being Produced..." this morning. My questions:

- What does this mean?

- What card is being produced?

I'm a little confused, and a little googling provided different answers.

Your vawa approved. Christmas came early. What exact date in February 2018. Can you share your timeline for us? Congratulations 

2 minutes ago, Sunnyman said:

Your vawa approved. Christmas came early. What exact date in February 2018. Can you share your timeline for us? Congratulations 

Hey Sunnyman - 

Submitted: Mid-Feb 2018 (Cant recall exact date right now, sorry)

Docs submitted: Statement, photos, lease, utility bills, affidavit from friends

RFE July 2019 for good moral conduct

Dec 2019: Good News (Apparently)

Good luck

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
17 hours ago, amerikaask said:

Hi guys, your advice is so important for me. I applied VAWA with I485, I360, EAD and travel document couple months ago. I got my ead and travel document card ( combo card ) couple months ago.

My question is ; My father's health is not good and I haven't see my country more than 4 years.

I wanna give you some information about myself. I came to USA as an F1 student visa on 2015 . And I never lost my student status until i got my ead and travel document. I have no criminal record in America, and I have never been to an immigration court. I have never lived illegally in America, and I have no criminal record in any other country.

So i do wanna visit my country for 3 or 4 weeks. When i came back to USA will i have any problem entry? 

Please advice me. I’m really feeling bad now. 

Thank you so much

Also i will pray for you @sandranj

God bless you guys

Thank you. You will not have any problem to reenter. You have a valid visa but do not enter as F1 holder,  make sure to give the advance parole when reentering.

Timeline

It will not affect your case at all.

1 hour ago, blujewel said:

It will not affect your case at all.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Poupis said:

Does someone here had the vawa approval delayed because of background checking? I mean that’s the reason that they said to my congressman.

If yes, how long they took to approve? I have been waiting since November 2017. I received a RFE april 2019 and they received my answer Jun 2019. Silence since that.

Thanks

I had a lot of cases delayed because of background check. I had cases that took 2 years,3 years, when they used to adjudicate the cases within 6/9months.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.