spikes746

Flu Shot

12 posts in this topic

On 3/3/2012 at 10:44 PM, Nich-Nick said:

The required dates for a flu shot are Oct 1-Marc 31 but there is a lot of wiggle room there. I've posted this a gazillion times so will cut and paste some things:.

**Note on flu shot: flu shots are required for adults of all ages (changed Nov 2010) if your UK exam was between (Oct 1 and March 31). But if the
AOS
adjudicator picks up your case when it is not flu season, you will be excused.

**Note on flu shot: Flu shots are required for adults of all ages if your visa exam was between (Oct 1 and March 31). But if the AOS adjudicator picks up your case when it is not flu season, you will be excused. And the reverse is true. The adjudicator picks up your case during flu season, but sees it was NOT flu season when you had your medical exam, you are also excused because the date they go by is the date of your visa exam to determine if you were current on that date

I am denying the flu shot during my medical this December as I will not be entering the US on K1, and applying for AOS, till after flu season is over. I understand that this will mean that my k1 medical will say that I am missing vaccinations. The above information is what I have found on these forums so far related to my situation, however the threads are too old to post on.

My question is:  Is this adjudicator that is mentioned above, part of the AOS application processing itself, meaning that I will not have to see a civil surgeon if I decline the flu shot next month at my K1 medical and my AOS application is sent in and processed outside of flu season?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
17 minutes ago, spikes746 said:
  On 3/3/2012 at 10:44 PM, Nich-Nick said:

The required dates for a flu shot are Oct 1-Marc 31 but there is a lot of wiggle room there. I've posted this a gazillion times so will cut and paste some things:.

**Note on flu shot: flu shots are required for adults of all ages (changed Nov 2010) if your UK exam was between (Oct 1 and March 31). But if the
AOS
adjudicator picks up your case when it is not flu season, you will be excused.

I am denying the flu shot during my medical this December as I will not be entering the US on K1, and applying for AOS, till after flu season is over. I understand that this will mean that my k1 medical will say that I am missing vaccinations. The above information is what I have found on these forums so far related to my situation, however the threads are too old to post on.

My question is:  Is this adjudicator that is mentioned above, part of the AOS application processing itself, meaning that I will not have to see a civil surgeon if I decline the flu shot next month at my K1 medical and my AOS application is sent in and processed outside of flu season?

It is not about when you send it in to USCIS. It is when your lucky day comes up and you finally get an AOS interview. If it's not flu season on your interview day, then theoretically you need no flu shot. Has your interviewer studied the rules...maybe not. What are your chances that flu season hasn't rolled around again and your interview is sometime between Oct 1, 2020 and Mar 31, 2021?  At that point he could tell you your medical has expired or every civil surgeon you call refuses to sign off on your flu shot unless you have a complete medical exam. Happens all the time.

Frankly, it would be way easier to have that Complete on AOS requirements on your immunisation form than    incomplete and you try to talk your way through the technicalities of the rules at your AOS interview. 

Edited by Wuozopo

Personally I took the flu shot..

its Australian summer here 35c temp and I got my flu shot 2 weeks ago in prep for my medical in jan 🤞 a little needle in the arm is not worth the potential impacts associated with not having it. 

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

The only problem that I forsee is that as I cannot enter until the beginning of May (due to her father saying she cant get married till she graduates), my k1 medical will most likely have expired by the time it comes to the interview. I am having my medical in December as my 4 months approval ends December 22nd, I am home near London for Christmas but after that I will be on the other side of the country till the beginning of March.

Edited by spikes746

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just get the flu shot and spare yourself the worry.

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, spikes746 said:

The only problem that I forsee is that as I cannot enter until the beginning of May (due to her father saying she cant get married till she graduates), my k1 medical will most likely have expired by the time it comes to the interview. I am having my medical in December as my 4 months approval ends December 22nd, I am home near London for Christmas but after that I will be on the other side of the country till the beginning of March.

The four months on the NOA2 can easily be extended by the embassy for up to one year.  Contact the embassy regarding this.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
5 hours ago, spikes746 said:

If your medical is expired by interview, then you won't be issued a visa until you get another one. A medical is good for six months. If you have a December medical, then your visa if issued would only be valid until June, not six months from the interview. Six months from the medical date. 

The four month expiration of your petition is a non-issue. If you interview after December 22, then you bring a new letter of intent from your fiancé to the London interview saying she is still free to marry and intends to marry you. Nothing else needs to be done in regard to the approved petition expiring. 

You could avoid all the theoreticals and what-ifs and just get the flu shot. It'll save you considerable headaches that could arise.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Postpone your interview and medical as you don't have plans to enter until May. 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

12 hours ago, spikes746 said:

due to her father saying she cant get married till she graduates

Are you marrying a child?

11 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

Are you marrying a child?

No but her parents seem to treat her like one. She is graduating her bachelors degree not high school.

I will just ask for an extension of approval notice and have my medical and interview in April and bring a new intent to marry affidavit.

Thank you for your advice and help all.

Edited by spikes746

Timeline
6 hours ago, spikes746 said:

I will just ask for an extension of approval notice and have my medical and interview in April and bring a new intent to marry affidavit.

Let me explain again: You do NOT ask for an extension of your approval notice. They don't do that ahead of time in London. Bring the new letter of intent to the interview. 

I would not wait until April for a medical and interview if you want to enter at the beginning of May. Things can delay you at the medical or interview and you could need extra time to sort them. If you are okay with a later entry then it's fine. Is a wedding already planned for a certain date? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.