Sarge2155

December 2019 I-129F (K1) Filers

1,802 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
7 hours ago, Bri&Alejandro said:

Hey all, hope January is treating you well! Thought I would check in, love seeing so many still conversing!

Here we are patiently waiting for approval. For my fiancé and myself, there has been a change in our plans. He found out about a week ago his mom is very ill. He is from Venezuela but living in Peru, which is where we met. The kicker is that he has been in the process of getting his new residency card (waiting for months now). But due to his mom in such bad shape, he has to return to Venezuela. The flight is booked. We are hoping and praying he has his card before he leaves February 13 so that he can return to Peru when it is time for his interview. If he does not have his card by then, he will have to stay in Venezuela and we will have to finish there. 

It’s been a whirlwind of emotions. The holidays were hard. He is battling some severe depression these last couple of months. For this reason we were actually already discussing him going home after some really rough weeks. But after getting news of his mom it solidified it. I am hoping being with his family, despite the circumstances, will help. We are also having to plan for our process to change slightly as he will have to finish all of this in Colombia and it could be later in the year when he arrives. And of course I have had to pull funds to get him home, and help support him until he can hopefully find some kind of job. I’m stressing a bit thinking about everything to come that I need to somehow save money for. I worry so much about him returning home and his safety but I have to remain hopeful that everything will be okay and soon he will be here with me!!

Until then I shall continue waiting for that NOA2. I need some good news!!

The struggles don't end... I can imagine how hard it must be, but we are inching closer to our approvals! We got this! Keep your chin up!

27 NOV 2019 - I-129F mailed to Dallas, TX Lockbox

02 DEC 2019 - NOA1

23 MAR 2020 - NOA2

Timeline

I do see that there have been October filers getting approved, each day more people come in to update their timelines with NOA2s. Our turn is coming soon and if I am not mistaken, we may have fewer people in November and December because maybe not as many people filed due to holiday distractions and so forth. Might not be the case, but it's what I'm thinking! 😄 

02 DEC 2019 - NOA1

23 MAR 2020 - NOA2

Timeline

Sorry for the multiple comments, but I just wanted to say that above everything, beyond wishing everyone here a fast track to an approval, I want to say that the most important thing is for us and our fiance/es to be healthy and safe while we are apart as well as afterwards when they move here, of course. That is what I am praying for! Tons of health and safety to see this process through and be reunited with our loved ones! ❤️

Edited by EllaC

02 DEC 2019 - NOA1

23 MAR 2020 - NOA2

Timeline

EllaC I really felt your message and you are so right. Amen for those words, because that is what really matters. And I say that because when happens that my fiancé is sick because of a cold or just feeling weak, my heart is broken because I can’t do much than just staying with him while on the phone. 
Thank you for the encouragement 🤗

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Alina&Edgar said:

EllaC I really felt your message and you are so right. Amen for those words, because that is what really matters. And I say that because when happens that my fiancé is sick because of a cold or just feeling weak, my heart is broken because I can’t do much than just staying with him while on the phone. 
Thank you for the encouragement 🤗

I hear you loud and clear! Lots of health and love to everyone here!

02 DEC 2019 - NOA1

23 MAR 2020 - NOA2

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
14 hours ago, Milmauka said:

I thought about doing some cleaning too, but after thinking about it i said, nah, just going get cluttered again.  Why bother and just do it once before the arrival.  :)

According to updates from USCIS, estimates for us December filers are being pushed back to the last week of March.  Ho hum...

Mines has been pushed back to April as of yesterday. I’m not letting that get to me. I’m gonna keep focusing on me and things I have going on so I’m not too overwhelmed with this process

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
14 hours ago, Bri&Alejandro said:

Hey all, hope January is treating you well! Thought I would check in, love seeing so many still conversing!

Here we are patiently waiting for approval. For my fiancé and myself, there has been a change in our plans. He found out about a week ago his mom is very ill. He is from Venezuela but living in Peru, which is where we met. The kicker is that he has been in the process of getting his new residency card (waiting for months now). But due to his mom in such bad shape, he has to return to Venezuela. The flight is booked. We are hoping and praying he has his card before he leaves February 13 so that he can return to Peru when it is time for his interview. If he does not have his card by then, he will have to stay in Venezuela and we will have to finish there. 

It’s been a whirlwind of emotions. The holidays were hard. He is battling some severe depression these last couple of months. For this reason we were actually already discussing him going home after some really rough weeks. But after getting news of his mom it solidified it. I am hoping being with his family, despite the circumstances, will help. We are also having to plan for our process to change slightly as he will have to finish all of this in Colombia and it could be later in the year when he arrives. And of course I have had to pull funds to get him home, and help support him until he can hopefully find some kind of job. I’m stressing a bit thinking about everything to come that I need to somehow save money for. I worry so much about him returning home and his safety but I have to remain hopeful that everything will be okay and soon he will be here with me!!

Until then I shall continue waiting for that NOA2. I need some good news!!

I’m sorry that his mom has taken ill. I will keep his mother and the both of you in my prayers. Stay strong and stay positive dear♥️

Timeline

Hello everyone. I've been monitoring silently this peaceful and helpful topic for a month and finally got some questions to ask.

My NOA1 for K1 was December, 16. My fiancee started gathering documents and doing vaccination while waiting for visa interview. From my side - I am trying to clear up further actions for next steps.

1. I'd like some advice on SSN after fiancee arrival. Is it OK to get SSN before marriage or after? Or actually wait until Adjustment of Status completed? 

2. I am Chicago filler, wait time for AOS is about 6 months. So does it really make sense applying for Employment Authorization document, which ETA will be about 5 months and cost not little?

3. After entry to the US, can she fly around the country freely just using her passport? What about the flights to be occurred after 90 days of entry?

Thank you very much! If anyone has questions to me I'd like to contribute my experience!

15 minutes ago, national said:

Hello everyone. I've been monitoring silently this peaceful and helpful topic for a month and finally got some questions to ask.

My NOA1 for K1 was December, 16. My fiancee started gathering documents and doing vaccination while waiting for visa interview. From my side - I am trying to clear up further actions for next steps.

1. I'd like some advice on SSN after fiancee arrival. Is it OK to get SSN before marriage or after? Or actually wait until Adjustment of Status completed? 

2. I am Chicago filler, wait time for AOS is about 6 months. So does it really make sense applying for Employment Authorization document, which ETA will be about 5 months and cost not little?

3. After entry to the US, can she fly around the country freely just using her passport? What about the flights to be occurred after 90 days of entry?

Thank you very much! If anyone has questions to me I'd like to contribute my experience!

The same date for NOA1 😀

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We filed ours on December 2019 and we got our NOA1. But they haven’t cashed the check yet. We’re super worried! Does it usually take this long? Or did we do something incorrectly? Help please! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
32 minutes ago, national said:

1. Usually guys don't have any issue if they apply before or after because it's assumed a woman will take her husband's last name. Overall it's better you apply ASAP

2.when filed  with AOS  EAD is free of charge 

3. Yes She can fly around with her passport in hand and a copy of I-94

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I see a lot of movement in the October 2019 group Can't before its our turn people! 

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

1. Usually guys don't have any issue if they apply before or after because it's assumed a woman will take her husband's last name. Overall it's better you apply ASAP

2.when filed  with AOS  EAD is free of charge 

3. Yes She can fly around with her passport in hand and a copy of I-94

2. I think they are changing that with the current Administration to charge much more for the GC. The fees are going into effect this year I believe. Someone in here shared a link. I can't find the USCIS one, but here is a different article on that.

https://www.boundless.com/blog/fee-hikes-citizenship-immigration-forms/

@national @Sparkle Sparkle

17 minutes ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

I see a lot of movement in the October 2019 group Can't before its our turn people! 

Tell me about it! I've been on that thread more than any others! Hahaha They haven't touched November yet. Well, except for the one random approval. Probably military or something...

02 DEC 2019 - NOA1

23 MAR 2020 - NOA2

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.