daniel4310

N-400 Dec 2019 Filers

2,200 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Unidentified said:

Thank you and good luck! 

Thanks. Btw if you look at the timeline that people shared here, some people got their Oath ceremonies on Tuesdays in August so I think that shows they were doing Oath ceremonies on Tuesdays. 

N400

11.06.2019...........Application Submitted Online
11.16.2019............Receive Biometrics Letter in mail
11.29.2019............Biometrics done
08.17.2020............Interview Scheduled

09.21.2020............Interview, approved

09.22.2020............Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
Just now, Valor said:

Thanks. Btw if you look at the timeline that people shared here, some people got their Oath ceremonies on Tuesdays in August so I think that shows they were doing Oath ceremonies on Tuesdays. 

Which is very good news! 

2 hours ago, Unidentified said:

Oh I'm sure they are able to do same day Oath if later. I was just thinking since it's before 8am I would have plenty of time to run over and register to vote and deal with all if that stuff. 

I'll keep an eye on over in the DC thread. Fingers crossed and thank you for keeping my hopes up about voting this election!

Can you register to vote online there? That might take some stress out of it. Crossing fingers it all goes smoothly and you get same day oath!

Timeline
4 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

Can you register to vote online there? That might take some stress out of it. Crossing fingers it all goes smoothly and you get same day oath!

Last day for online is also October 13. So as long as I get the oath on the same day I should be fine. Thank you! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Unidentified said:

Last day for online is also October 13. So as long as I get the oath on the same day I should be fine. Thank you! 

Good luck!  My wife's interview is on September 25 and Last day to register to vote is October 5.  We are hoping for an oath ceremony in time to register to vote.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
21 hours ago, UpstateNYer said:

Finally I can share my interview experience. 

The interview was super easy and the officer was very professional and friendly. My appointment was 2:30p today and I got out there by 2:40! However, I wasn't able to get oath done today as I requested a name change which needs to be sent to court for approval.

My notice letter said I should get there 15mins before my interview. Another guy's said 30mins. But when we got there, we were told 10mins. 

The only documents they asked from me were the interview notice letter and my GC.

The officer spent more time on confirming my basic info -

- name, DOB, marital status, & # of kids

- current address, how long I have been living at this address, & phone #

- where do i work and how long have I been with the company

- name I want to change to

She also asked me if I have even been outside US for 6 mons or longer. I told her no but I had a trip after submitted my application. She asked me whether it was over 6 mons and my answer was no. She then said never mind.

She didn't ask me any Q's about previous addresses or employment. She did, however, show me that she crossed out the unemployment line I put down. When I filled out the form online, the system didnt allow me to have a 2-week gap. So I had to put that down as unemployment. 

Civics test Q's include -

- what did Emancipation Proclamation do

- who is the president

- who is the vice president

- how many justices are in the Supreme Court

- when was the Constitution written

- I dont recall the 6th question. I am not even sure whether there was a 6th one

Reading - How many senators do we have

Writing - We have one hundred senators

She went over those Yes/No questions very fast. My memory is vague and am not sure whether she asked all questions or combined some questions. I did tell her I had a traffic ticket but wasn't sure whether I should write it down. She asked if it cost me more than $500. I told her no. She said some traffic tickets matter while some don't. "what was your story". After hearing my story she said no need to put it there. 

She did go over the Oath of Allegiance part very thorough.

The whole process was a great experience. We had small talks during the interview. At the end she remind me to keep a copy when I receive a form from them, sign and return to them.

CONGRATZ!!!!!!!! WHERE DID YOU FILED?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Singapore
Timeline
On 9/2/2020 at 8:11 AM, ajafarzadeh said:

Just received a notice that my interview has been 'de-scheduled', and there's no update on when it's been rescheduled for. What on earth should I do now?

Good news: the interview is rescheduled for 10/1.

THEY FINALLY SCHEDULED MY INTERVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: 

Don't know the exact date yet, but THEY FINALLY SCHEDULED MY INTERVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: 

break it down sister act GIF  hell yeah dancing GIF by collin 

So....the egov site got updated but not the myUSCIS site so I'll check back on Wednesday to see if they uploaded the letter under the Documents tab. 

MyUSCIS site still reads "taking longer blah blah blah..." while egov reads:

my_logo.png

Interview Was Scheduled

On September 14, 2020, we scheduled an interview for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, Receipt Number IOEXXXXXXXXXX. We will mail you an interview notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

IR-1/CR-1
Spoiler

GOT MARRIED: 3-APR-2015 :wub:

HUSBAND FILED I-130: 29-MAY-2015

VISAS APPROVED: 15-JUN-2016

VISAS IN HAND; GREEN CARD FEES PAID: 21-JUN-2016

PORT OF ENTRY - FT. LAUDERDALE INTL AIRPORT: 06-AUG-2016
CONDITIONAL GREEN CARDS RECEIVED: 23-SEP-2016

I-751 FILER   
Spoiler
FILED REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS: 25-JUN-2018
FILE SENT TO NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER 11-MAY-2019
10-YR GREEN CARDS APPROVED 17-JUN-2019 
10-YR GREEN CARDS RECEIVED 21-JUN-2019 :dance: 

N-400 FILER
Spoiler
FILED CITIZENSHIP ONLINE; RECEIVED NOA1: 8-DEC-2019
BIOMETRICS WALK-IN: 18-DEC-2019
INTERVIEW SCHEDULED: 26-OCT-2020
APPROVED/SAME DAY OATH CEREMONY: 26-OCT-2020

US PASSPORT
APPLICATION APPOINTMENT AT USPS (ROUTINE): 16-SEP-2021
PASSPORT APPROVED: 30-SEP-2021
PASSPORT RECEIVED: 5-OCT-2021

Timeline

So I am confused about the writing portion of the interview. I keep seeing examples of them giving you a question and then you're supposed to write down the answer. Is there anywhere I can practice these questions/answers? My little booklet thing only has vocabulary words. Are the questions similar to the civics questions? Thank you in advance. 

4 hours ago, gregcrs2 said:

@Amadia, you may want to check sooner.  Ours was available in documents tab within 24 hours.

I'm actually checking every hour! :rofl:

IR-1/CR-1
Spoiler

I-751 FILER   
Spoiler

N-400 FILER
Spoiler

US PASSPORT

57 minutes ago, Unidentified said:

So I am confused about the writing portion of the interview. I keep seeing examples of them giving you a question and then you're supposed to write down the answer.

It's a random civic question they ask you and then ask you to repeat it. Then, they tell you the answer and ask you to write it.

Don't sweat over it :) 

IR-1/CR-1
Spoiler

I-751 FILER   
Spoiler

N-400 FILER
Spoiler

US PASSPORT

2 hours ago, Unidentified said:

So I am confused about the writing portion of the interview. I keep seeing examples of them giving you a question and then you're supposed to write down the answer. Is there anywhere I can practice these questions/answers? My little booklet thing only has vocabulary words. Are the questions similar to the civics questions? Thank you in advance. 

1 hour ago, Amadia said:

It's a random civic question they ask you and then ask you to repeat it. Then, they tell you the answer and ask you to write it.

Don't sweat over it :) 

Well in mine it was : 

IO: read the sentence : (the sentence was “who can vote?”)

IO: write “citizens can vote”

And that was the entirety of the reading and writing test. 

I don’t think any of them are more than 6 or 7 words!  Realize that it is literally to just see if you can read English and write it.
The bulk of the actual English test is the conversation/Q&A that you will have with the IO.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.