65 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, Jorgedig said:

The point is, you're paying them not to make those mistakes.  Often is is big bucks, too.

This is a good reminder that there is no amount of money you can pay someone to care about your own process as much as you do.

I agree with that last part! It’s a really good reminder and a definitely lesson learned! 

The letter will tell you, but just note that letters do get lost and the online status tool isn't always accurate.

Sometimes the online tool never updates, sometimes it updates late, sometimes a person can file a case and get approved all while the online status says that the case was never found.

The post office delivered my husbands green card to someone elses address. The only reason we know this is because there at least was a tracking number on the Green card, it showed delivered when it most definitely wasn't. They had to go and find it and redeliver it to the right place.

It's harder to prove who messed up, USCIS or the post office, when you don't receive what you're suppose too.

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
10 hours ago, Adriana & Johna said:

Yes, She does, i informed her yesterday about the denial and she was surprised as well, she said for the most part denials are given after an interview, but I was looking over the petition she sent to USCIS and I found about 5 small errores, from date of births to country and city names, Im not sure if its because of that I am still waiting on a letter and so is she. 

You guys signed that petition.

What did you send as evidence of marriage besides the marriage certificate and photos?

~~moved from AOS from tourist, work, and student visas to AOS family based progress reports.  OP's spouse entered as K1.  Topic is a case update~~

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Nitas_man said:

What did you send as evidence of marriage besides the marriage certificate and photos?

Letters from family members about our relationship since the K1 visa process,  and a  letter from my parents stating that we live with them.

I currently have my husband on my life insurance, registration on my two vehicles, and plan on putting him on my insurance once it open registration  beings in july. We live with my parents so we have no utility bills, i dont even have a utility bill in my own name, we opened a joint bank account after we filed s i have that and lastly i could not add him on my credit cards since he does not have a SSN. California did not want to issue him one until his status was verified. (We went to the SSN) office after we got married. 

41 minutes ago, Nitas_man said:

With the initial  AOS is it required to send proof of living together  i.e., pictures insurance etc? That's  all gathered and presented during the interview. Depending on when you file USCIS knows and understands you don't have much if any proof other than the marriage license. That's why they ask for a bucket load of stuff to bring to the interview. I doubt the OP was denied due to lack of proof for living together at least not before they interviewed.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

With the initial  AOS is it required to send proof of living together  i.e., pictures insurance etc? That's  all gathered and presented during the interview. Depending on when you file USCIS knows and understands you don't have much if any proof other than the marriage license. That's why they ask for a bucket load of stuff to bring to the interview. I doubt the OP was denied due to lack of proof for living together at least not before they interviewed.

We didnt have a lot either.  I’m screening the package 

6 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

I agree.  We filed for AOS pretty much as soon as humanly possible after POE.  Sent our marriage cert and the I-864 with supporting documents, and that is about it.  All of the other evidence we have compiled is in a file folder, waiting for the interview.  Waiting over a year now.....ticktock.......

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Nitas_man said:

We didnt have a lot either.  I’m screening the package 

So basically the denial might NOT  be because of evidence? Honestly I thought they would have asked me to bring all that to the interview. Since mostly everything was done after we sent the package and after we got married! 

Edited by Adriana & Johna

Timeline
36 minutes ago, Adriana & Johna said:

Letters from family members about our relationship since the K1 visa process,  and a  letter from my parents stating that we live with them.

I currently have my husband on my life insurance, registration on my two vehicles, and plan on putting him on my insurance once it open registration  beings in july. We live with my parents so we have no utility bills, i dont even have a utility bill in my own name, we opened a joint bank account after we filed s i have that and lastly i could not add him on my credit cards since he does not have a SSN. California did not want to issue him one until his status was verified. (We went to the SSN) office after we got married. 

What exactly was attached to the package?  Read the instructions line by line and go through what the lawyer sent and see if anything they asked for was just missing.  
Usually a denial is because a critical requested document was mistakenly excluded.  The jerks aren’t always sending RFE’s anymore.

Also check the support affidavit.  Is it possible that the supporting documentation was incomplete?

Edited by Nitas_man

9 minutes ago, Adriana & Johna said:

So basically the denial might NOT  be because of evidence? Honestly I thought they would have asked me to bring all that to the interview. Since mostly everything was done after we sent the package and after we got married! 

Yes I doubt you were denied because of lack of proof. We had no proof other than the marriage license also we filed three days after marriage so how could we have any proofs yet? Saving everything now in my box to sort and bring to interview which we are waiting for.

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

16 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

I agree.  We filed for AOS pretty much as soon as humanly possible after POE.  Sent our marriage cert and the I-864 with supporting documents, and that is about it.  All of the other evidence we have compiled is in a file folder, waiting for the interview.  Waiting over a year now.....ticktock.......

I'm expecting a long wait too!

Citizenship Complete!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Nitas_man said:

What exactly was attached to the package?  Read the instructions line by line and go through what the lawyer sent and see if anything they asked for was just missing.  
Usually a denial is because a critical requested document was mistakenly excluded.  The jerks aren’t always sending RFE’s anymore.

Also check the support affidavit.  Is it possible that the supporting documentation was incomplete?

Everything was sent that was needed to be to sent, except the medical I sent the medical that was done for the K1 visa since it has a year vadility. My income is over the poverty guidelines I sent W2, 2018 taxes and tax transcripts. And I haven’t seen the affidavit so I’m not sure if there is errors on that form to be honest! 

and I read about that, there not sending RFE anymore they are just denying 😞

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

It's not needed or a requirement to send any evidence of bonafide marriage with the i-485, so I highly doubt the lack of such evidence is the reason it was denied. I too entered as a K-1 and didn't send any proof at all with my AOS package.

Waiting is tough but at this point that's all you can do. Wait for the denial letter, make sure you get a copy from your lawyer in case USCIS only sends one to her/him and not you. That's another drawback of having a lawyer, sometimes important communication "disappears" when you're not the one who is set to receive it yourself. Don't use middle hands/third parties if you can avoid it, it's just an extra, unnecessary risk. And a very expensive one on top of that.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Timeline
51 minutes ago, Adriana & Johna said:

I haven’t seen the affidavit so I’m not sure if there is errors on that form to be honest! 

and I read about that, there not sending RFE anymore they are just denying 😞

You signed the affidavit.

RFE questions show up here every day

It seems that not knowing what was sent or what was attached to what was sent you will in fact have to wait for the denial letter.  Good luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.