Boiler

Hillary Clinton 'wants to hug Meghan over racist treatment'

74 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-50387004

Hillary Clinton has said she wants to hug the Duchess of Sussex and "tell her to hang in there" over "racist" treatment.

The former US presidential candidate said the way Meghan has been treated over the past three years has been "heartbreaking and wrong".

Meghan and the Duke of Sussex have spoken out about the pressures they have felt from media scrutiny.

Mrs Clinton said the duchess "deserves a lot better".

The former first lady and her daughter Chelsea spoke to BBC Radio 5 Live's Emma Barnett on a visit to London to promote their new book about women they find inspiring.

Barnett asked the pair to comment on Meghan's "embattled" time in the public eye - citing two legal cases the duke and duchess have launched against newspapers.

The duchess is suing the Mail on Sunday after alleging the paper unlawfully published a private letter to her father, while the prince is suing the owners of the Sun, the defunct News of the World, and the Daily Mirror, in relation to alleged phone-hacking.

I did not hear the interview but did listen to other comments on Radio 5, now I am sure there are a variety of reasons why Meghan is so disliked, some may be racist but that would be a minority. The use of IP is still alive.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

So is the increased scrutiny due to her mixed race, or because she joined one of the most scrutinized families in the world?

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline

A combination, she is from a dysfunctional family, did not know she was mixed race initially but has what I call a Woke Marie Antoinette complex and the plebs do not like being told to eat cake.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

22 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

So is the increased scrutiny due to her mixed race, or because she joined one of the most scrutinized families in the world?

There is racism in the UK, and due to cultural issues it's not something that isn't talked about much like it is here. This has somewhat upset the upper crust classes. It may also be because she is American, Harry is the 'problem child', and this couple likes to be very different from the status quo. That being said her family is dysfunctional, and she married into a dysfunctional family.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

I thought Hillary was irrelevant.  I doubt Hillary gives 2 cents outside her own circle of self interest 

40 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

I thought Hillary was irrelevant.  I doubt Hillary gives 2 cents outside her own circle of self interest 

She's trying to make herself relevant .... trying to peddle her books to anyone that will buy.

Filed: Timeline
4 hours ago, yuna628 said:

There is racism in the UK, and due to cultural issues it's not something that isn't talked about much like it is here. This has somewhat upset the upper crust classes. It may also be because she is American, Harry is the 'problem child', and this couple likes to be very different from the status quo. That being said her family is dysfunctional, and she married into a dysfunctional family.

Of course there is.  And it's much worse and more deeply rooted than what we have ever seen in America.  But it's not PC to talk about it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
3 hours ago, MjC772 said:

her books

Have always liked the one with the question and the answer together there on the front cover:

WHAT HAPPENED

HILLARY CLINTON

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

I would love to be rich. Being famous must suck. Being a royal must suck worse. Dont envy them one bit.

As to princess D. Sorry but not impressed.  Gold digging jet setting floozy,  who hired a pr firm to pimp her out on land mines.

A nin critical thinkers hero. Probably plays to them dem base well 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
40 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

I would love to be rich. Being famous must suck. Being a royal must suck worse. Dont envy them one bit.

As to princess D. Sorry but not impressed.  Gold digging jet setting floozy,  who hired a pr firm to pimp her out on land mines.

A nin critical thinkers hero. Probably plays to them dem base well 

I was never that impressed either, but many, many people worshiped her. Meg's probably thought it would be easy only she forgot (if she ever knew) about that other twice divorced American woman who ruined a monarch. Harry has never struck me as being particularly bright.

Timeline

Harry is under the thumb.

2 hours ago, ALFKAD said:

As we were talking about in the Japan thread... you cannot change their culture from the outside.

As someone who lived in that culture for a dozen years, I can attest it's not easy to be the American who has had the bad form to enter into a marriage with an English trust fund baby. My ex was far from royal, but his parents were of a moneyed class. I was vulgar, awkward and too emotional. I was never going to get it right in the eyes of some. I did try for many years, quietly sucking it up, all the nasty little comments and the biting attacks. When I heard Meghan Markle was marrying Harry, I thought, peace be with her, she's going to get 1,000 times worse than I got. I at least was a private citizen. 

The best thing I learnt was to be polite and kind, even in the face of intense disdain. It never failed to irritate those who judged me that I appeared unruffled. There is no changing 1,000 years of snobbery, from within or without. Meghan Markle will change nothing. She, much like The Dude, can only abide. 

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
17 minutes ago, elmcitymaven said:

The best thing I learnt was to be polite and kind, even in the face of intense disdain.

i don't think Meg's has learned this yet based on reports of being rude to staff, the Queen having a tete-a-tete about how to treat staff, etc.

Back when I was a sweet young thing, I ran with a few people from the old money crowd for a few years. I quickly discovered I did not want to be a part of that world and I could have been had I said yes. I was self aware enough to know that I would not fit in.  He married the English nanny and it was the right choice for him.